If Beckett were African-American, or Latino...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasko2248. Show jasko2248's posts

Re: If Beckett were African-American, or Latino...

In response to "Re: If Beckett were African-American, or Latino...":
    We need five Becketts. Posted by Joebreidey
    Only if we wanted to set the single season win record, Joe...I'd settle for 3 Becketts, 100+ wins and another Championship...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

In Response to Re: If Beckett were African-American, or Latino...:
    We need five Becketts.
    Posted by Joebreidey

lol
      vintage 2007???

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

In Response to Re: If Beckett were African-American, or Latino... : He's on the team in 2012. He's not being traded. He's not retiring. Time to pull the covers off your head and face reality. I've been wondering how long it'd take for you to find an obsession to replace Francona.
    Posted by ThefourBs

And many have forgotten that replacing Francona was his replacement after his obsessions with replacing Pedroia.

But I am here to bring that up repeatedly...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxdog67. Show Soxdog67's posts

In Response to If Beckett were African-American, or Latino...:
    I think he would've been gone by now. IMHO there is no way a black man acting like Beckett is now wouldve been able to overcome the racial steretype of the selfish pro sports athlete more concerned about himself than his team....Manny? he was sent packing (and deservedly so) once his cancer was no longer tolerated.... I know this sounds like softy territory but I am sincere in posting this - I think Josh being a good old boy gets a pass for his selfish behavior because we accept that for his kind, but not for others....comments?
    Posted by georom4

WOW now you are spiraling into the abyss of racism. This comment is an indictment on Cherington, Henry, Lucchino and Werrner. AGAIN WOW.

So if this were Pedro Martinez he would have been run out of town?? BULLCRAP!

Are you such a newbie fan to remember that Pedro got into trouble a few times while in Boston and was not hung by the Boston chapter of the KKK, which I think you are accusing the Sox ownership and management of being card carrying members!

THINK BEFORE YOU POST ALREADY WILL YOU!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from lhtak. Show lhtak's posts

Beckett is a head case for sure but is also the best we have on the rotation now. Last year they stunk as a team, not just by himself. I believe he will bounce back this year and will have a decent season, however thats not going to change their third/fourth place chances. Race always has been an issue with RSox(Boston) team but I do not think in case of Beckett thats an issue. Team is desperate for quality SP, it would not have mattered either way.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

Race has nothing to do how he's been handled. Poor behavior by pro athletes is always tolerated. Always has been always will be. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chilliwings. Show Chilliwings's posts

If the Sox had 25 players with Beckett's talent delivering the quality of performance he delivered over the 2011 season - especially in the clutch games vs NY, TB, etc. - we'd win 130 games in 2012.  25 all stars, each delivering the equivalent of an ERA+ of 147, WHIP of 1.026, etc.

We'd need a Russian oligarch owner to fund it, but it'd be the greatest team of all time by a wide margin.  Fun parties after the games, too!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from CASox. Show CASox's posts

I think he would've been gone by now. IMHO there is no way a black man acting like Beckett is now wouldve been able to overcome the racial steretype of the selfish pro sports athlete more concerned about himself than his team....Manny? he was sent packing (and deservedly so) once his cancer was no longer tolerated.... I know this sounds like softy territory but I am sincere in posting this - I think Josh being a good old boy gets a pass for his selfish behavior because we accept that for his kind, but not for others....comments?
    Posted by georom4

Acting like what???  ridiculous post.....

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chilliwings. Show Chilliwings's posts

In Response to If Beckett were African-American, or Latino... : Acting like what???  ridiculous post.....
    Posted by CASox

You forgot the "er" at the end of "post".

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

In Response to If Beckett were African-American, or Latino... : Acting like what???  ridiculous post.....
    Posted by CASox

like the arrogant idiot he is? read much?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliamsjr. Show hankwilliamsjr's posts

You left off the Japanese. Most Red Sox fans are Leftist lunatics who preach prideful entitlements and quotas for minorities, but who practice a de facto intimate segragated life.

Beckett gets a pass that Ortiz would never get, you can guarantee that. What management did to Aceves is embarrssing! The guy was the best workhorse pitcher the Red Sox had, yet he his treated like someone who must sit in the balcony above Ted Kenedy's posh compound! Disgraceful!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSF4Life234. Show RSF4Life234's posts

No point in bringing race into your hatred of beckett. We get it you don't like him. No body cares! I like how you disregard facts about the player actual stats and decide to bring race into the equation real mature. Beckett is a beast and will continue to be an ace. Get over it

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

Instead of debating a troll, why not report him using the REPORT function. Choose Hatred as the option.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

Instead of debating a troll, why not report him using the REPORT function. Choose Hatred as the option.
    Posted by UticaClub

Geo and I have gotten into it but he isn't a troll. Last year at one point he said that the Red Sox wouldnt release Dmac right after they released Cameron because it would look bad if they released two black guys in the same time period.  I obviously disagreed

Point being disagree or not this is the guys thought process.  He isn't trolling.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from stillallbost08. Show stillallbost08's posts

are there any worst posters/trolls than you and georome. FYI...you forgot to rip wake and ells in this post

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

Well then if he isn't trolling then he isn't playing with a full deck or is mentally challenged. Take your pick. I am amazed that so many will waste their time arguing with an idiot. You can never win that game. The idiot always wins. The only poster who was more ignorant on this forum was Babe.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-Bay-Fan. Show J-Bay-Fan's posts

Posted by georom4

WHY HE WOULD'VE BEEN GONE RIGHT KNOW? IF HE' WERE AFRICAN AMERICAN OR LATINO? 

FCK YOU MAN! .. FCK U ... RACISTA DE MIERD*! ... MUERETE

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

No point in bringing race into your hatred of beckett. We get it you don't like him. No body cares! I like how you disregard facts about the player actual stats and decide to bring race into the equation real mature. Beckett is a beast and will continue to be an ace. Get over it
    Posted by RSF4Life234

Yeah, but when you have not a shred of logic in your argument, what else is there to rely on but racism?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliamsjr. Show hankwilliamsjr's posts

Yes, what else is there when you have corpseman who is there to rely on catatonic reponses of racism. No one has a license on when to allege racism, though one would think it is a federal license granted to only the chosen few.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

Posted by georom4

A lot of posters like to throw around how some particualr post "might be the stupidest of all time."  This post should give everyone serious reservations about using that phrase so loosely.  This might be the Joe Dimaggio hitting strak of dumb posts, threatening to not only hold the title for the next half century, but will be extremely difficult to top at any point in time ever.

Beyond that, all I have is "wow, just.... wow."

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

I'm still trying to figure out what Beckett did that was so worthy of running out of town?

Be the best pitcher the Sox had over the season?  Fade down the stretch due to bad attitude and conditioning?  Oh... I thought we were talking about John Lester for a minute.

Beckett was no prize, but he didnt do anything Lester didnt do, and the Sox would have finished fourth without Beckett.

But there's a $147 million dollar mistake in LF who also happens to be black, and still plays in Boston, and you are playing race games?

"Wow" is right.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

geo Manny was sent packing after years and years of acting up; suggesting race in the case of Beckett is wrong and highly irresponsible on your part.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from NunciRom. Show NunciRom's posts

Posted by georom4

My brother George and I come from an immigrant family and we know what prejudice and discrimination is all about. Our great grandparents had menial jobs and were forced to live in the Italian ghetto for years.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from YankeeBill. Show YankeeBill's posts

Posted by georom4

If he were black the RS never would have got him in the first place !

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chilliwings. Show Chilliwings's posts

You left off the Japanese. Most Red Sox fans are Leftist lunatics who preach prideful entitlements and quotas for minorities, but who practice a de facto intimate segragated life. Beckett gets a pass that Ortiz would never get, you can guarantee that. What management did to Aceves is embarrssing! The guy was the best workhorse pitcher the Red Sox had, yet he his treated like someone who must sit in the balcony above Ted Kenedy's posh compound! Disgraceful!
    Posted by hankwilliamsjr

How is it disgraceful?  The Sox' initial offer was on the low side, Aceves' on the high side as in any negotiation.  Aceves settled for the middle ground...had he been confident of winning 1.6m he wouldn't have settled.  So it looks like the final price was just about right.  This is a non-issue (other than being good work by the Sox).

Sections
Shortcuts