If CC Sabathia exercised the opt-out in his contract at the end of the season, should the Sox sign him?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

Re: If CC Sabathia exercised the opt-out in his contract at the end of the season, should the Sox sign him?

In Response to Re: If CC Sabathia exercised the opt-out in his contract at the end of the season, should the Sox sign him?:
    jete, are you talking in tongues?  how about some words to explain your post........and you cannot deny that fat man sabathia is going down before the end of this season.
    Posted by can-you-dig-it
    the sox should definately not go after Sabathia.  He is too fat and he breaks down all the time.  How can a fat man of 300 lbs pitch an entire season, can't be done. 
    Posted by can-you-dig-it
    (11)267/264/10 (10) 282/281/14 (11) 343/343/32....the number of career seasons, games, games started and complete games of two of your more tenured starters Josh Beckett and John Lackey and those of CC Sabathia,this is not an attempt to discredit either Becks or Lackey, as you can see they've all pitched roughly the same amount of years....this is simply a rebutt of your claim that Sabathia breaks down "all the time"..unless you care to admit in your zeal to discredit Sabathia, you made that up....

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac32. Show pinstripezac32's posts

Re: If CC Sabathia exercised the opt-out in his contract at the end of the season, should the Sox sign him?

jete, are you talking in tongues? how about some words to explain your post........and you cannot deny that fat man sabathia is going down before the end of this season.
    Posted by can-you-dig-it
    the sox should definately not go after Sabathia. He is too fat and he breaks down all the time. How can a fat man of 300 lbs pitch an entire season, can't be done.
    Posted by can-you-dig-it

these posts have been brought to you
    by pike

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In Response to Re: If CC Sabathia exercised the opt-out in his contract at the end of the season, should the Sox sign him?:
    Joebreidey Posts: 8898 First: 5/30/2008 Last: 7/20/2011 I don't think we need him, but it's probably in our best interest to start the bidding at $132M/6.  That makes the NYY next move $161M/7.  If he says yes, and the NYY don't top us, we'd have to think about not going forward with Paps, Papi, and Drew obviously. --------------- Uh, what exactly is there to think about w/ Drew?  I am going to assume that you would never even remotely, not in your wildest nightmares, even consider bringing Drew back - not even at the league minimum......OK. I feel better now.  Just a typo on your part I am sure......
    Posted by andrewmitch

It meant that we'd have to think about not having Paps and Papi, and obviously, we wouldn't have Drew.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In Response to Re: If CC Sabathia exercised the opt-out in his contract at the end of the season, should the Sox sign him? : I can see CC going to the Angels for a 200/million deal and that would be awesome.
    Posted by andrewmitch

1-He only got $161M last time.  I'm not sure why they'd offer $200M now that he is 3 years older.

2-Reagins spent Sabathia's money on Wells.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In Response to Re: If CC Sabathia exercised the opt-out in his contract at the end of the season, should the Sox sign him? : The wanted Damon in 2002 and lost out. They wanted Manny in 2001 and lost out. They wanted Schilling in 2003 I know the damon part is untrue and schilling was a trade   I believe the poster ,like everyone else was talking about FA I let you earn some credibility by showing a  link that the sox took manny from the yanks, as far as I know it was between bos & clev of course the yanks are going broke how many times have I read that here over the yrs
    Posted by pinstripezac32

I beleive the NYY made Moose the highest paid pitcher in BB that year.  they weren't going to do both.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

Yanks lose

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

So what? It will take $125M/5 to sign him or will he want an 8 year deal or something?

I can't think of many pitchers his size that have pitched well into their mid to late 30's, but CC is pretty special.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

NY will sign Sabathia again.

The Red Sox should not sign him.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

It's hard to think that he is still only 30.

Sections
Shortcuts