If it's the contract that's bothering you...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

If it's the contract that's bothering you...

Which seems to be the case for a lot of folks here with Carl, wrap you heads around these ONE YEAR incomes for some singers and groups ....

Bon Jov1 - $201 million

AC/DC - $177 million

Bono @ U-2  - $161 million  ($5 mill/show)

Lady Gaga - $134 million

Metalica

uh - Michael Buble - $104 mill

Paul McCartney - $93 mill

Eagles - almost $93 mill

That is only a part of the list.

http://www.pinolobu.com/2010/12/30/bon-jovi-top-2010-music-tour-earners-rm600-million/

Even Katie Perry earned $44 million ....

in ONE YEAR!!!

Leave Carl and his contract alone.

Sheeeees.

Or are you gonna complain about Bon Jovi, Bono, LG, etc.....

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from --the--yazzer. Show --the--yazzer's posts

Re: If it's the contract that's bothering you...

only in america can mediocrity thrive at that level.
    in the words of bill maher: "this is a dumb f'ing country."

btw, a-gon is on schedule to have 400+ total bases.
    as of today he has 176.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

Good tidbit, yazzer.

We shall enjoy Adrian for a long time ....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

GOOD POST THERE, YOUNG MR. YAZ !!!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In Response to If it's the contract that's bothering you...:
    Which seems to be the case for a lot of folks here with Carl, wrap you heads around these ONE YEAR incomes for some singers and groups .... Bon Jov1 - $201 million AC/DC - $177 million Bono @ U-2  - $161 million  ($5 mill/show) Lady Gaga - $134 million Metalica uh - Michael Buble - $104 mill Paul McCartney - $93 mill Eagles - almost $93 mill    That is only a part of the list. http://www.pinolobu.com/2010/12/30/bon-jovi-top-2010-music-tour-earners-rm600-million/ Even Katie Perry earned $44 million ....   in ONE YEAR!!!   Leave Carl and his contract alone.   Sheeeees.    Or are you gonna complain about Bon Jovi, Bono, LG, etc.....  
    Posted by SinceYaz

I really could care less how much the players are making..You dont want The FO spending money like omar Minaya, but realize sometimes your going to overpay in FA..it is what it is. Overall, I think the FO has done a great job and John Henry has not hesitated to make this team better in ALL areas. Hes spent hundreds of millions of dollars and I myself am pretty thankful for that..I'll choose to pay more attention to performance and try not to mix the two as every situation and time they signed their contract can have such differences..As long as the player stays with his career avaerages or better, perferably better..Also Yaz, there is not a lot of patience in RSN..This game, out of all the big 4, requires the most patience in all aspects..From player development to allowing for slumps and adjustments on the big club..Good comparison to give with musicians/performers..Puts it in a little better perspective..

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from --The--Babe---. Show --The--Babe---'s posts

In Response to If it's the contract that's bothering you...:
    Which seems to be the case for a lot of folks here with Carl, wrap you heads around these ONE YEAR incomes for some singers and groups .... Bon Jov1 - $201 million AC/DC - $177 million Bono @ U-2  - $161 million  ($5 mill/show) Lady Gaga - $134 million Metalica uh - Michael Buble - $104 mill Paul McCartney - $93 mill Eagles - almost $93 mill    That is only a part of the list. http://www.pinolobu.com/2010/12/30/bon-jovi-top-2010-music-tour-earners-rm600-million/ Even Katie Perry earned $44 million ....   in ONE YEAR!!!   Leave Carl and his contract alone.   Sheeeees.    Or are you gonna complain about Bon Jovi, Bono, LG, etc.....  

Posted by SinceYaz

Last I checked none of them are hitting .240

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

All RS fans want a win every game. The difference is that some actually believe they should win 162. They do not understand that every game is different and every game depends on what happened in the last 2 or 3 games as far as making moves especially pitching.The other thing is that there are sacred cows on the RS. No matter how bad certain players maybe playing in any stretch they will never be thrown under the bus. There are others, some for contracts, that are crucified any time they go 0 for X. They could have hit screaming line drives every time up but they suk because they left a man on base in a 12 to 3 win.

RS fans have evolved from the glad they are winning team with players being liked no matter the situation. And just hoping they don't blow this game. TO
    Where now RS fans are spoiled and demanding and expect every move to work and players always playing up to or over their contract numbers every single game.
    Name another team that would want
    Wake traded or DFA. When no other team has a guy who can pitch at any time in any circumstance.
    Paps traded when he has been one of the top 5 closers for the past 6 years.
    Want Ellsbury traded just because he had 5 broken ribs and he came back twice from them but still was not hurt they (some RS fans) said.
    Get rid of JD despite his being a great defensive RF and he is still hitting at his normal numbers.
    Hate CC because of his contract but yet wanted they guy when he played in Tampa.

Just my opinion but some RS fans are just spoiled by the past 8 years.

I'm not picking on any age level or new or old RS fans. I believe the spoilded, demanding perfection fans are of all ages.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In Response to Re: If it's the contract that's bothering you...:
    In Response to If it's the contract that's bothering you... : Last I checked none of them are hitting .240
    Posted by --The--Babe---

Last I checked, their musicians not ballplayers genius..Im sure they have all missed a few notes or have been off key at times though..

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from --The--Babe---. Show --The--Babe---'s posts

In Response to Re: If it's the contract that's bothering you... : Last I checked, their musicians not ballplayers genius..Im sure they have all missed a few notes or have been off key at times though..

Posted by southpaw777

While that may be true, I doubt they miss their notes or are off key more than 75% of the time

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

seriously what is the point of arguing the parameters of someone's analogy.

I understand people have big expectations, and sometimes players don't live up to it, and somehow the fan feels that he is being cheated through ticket prices but in the end it is the ability to make these mistakes that makes the team so good.....and it's still way to early to close the books on Crawford.  I'm sure he will play more towards his careers avg's during his time here...but Gonzalez is looking like he's going to be playing well above his....it all evens out in the end.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from fivekatz. Show fivekatz's posts

Part of RS fans "issues" with player valuations maybe that they just think that all players are over paid and to that point the OP does a nice job of pointing out just how much entertainers in other pursuits earn.

But some of the scrutiny has its roots in the RS FO itself has they have created a deep awareness of valuation amongst their fan base, doing so by regularly using it as the yard stick to why popular RS players were allowed to go to other teams as FA.

And some fans may be honestly concerned that if a player is given a huge contract and does not perform near expectations, that this over time would hurt the team because they won't be able to replace the production elsewhere and may in fact need to let other productive players move on when they become FA.

But most of all when the RS let popular players walk because the money is too high, the years too long relative to the production and they say that's why, when the fans think they sign a player whose money is too high and the years too long it is logical that the fan base would talk about it.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from --the--yazzer. Show --the--yazzer's posts

isn't it amazing how babe will defend his ridiculous responses right  to the embarrassing end. sarah palin would be so proud of him.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from --The--Babe---. Show --The--Babe---'s posts

isn't it amazing how babe will defend his ridiculous responses right  to the embarrassing end. sarah palin would be so proud of him.

Posted by --the--yazzer

Again you miss the point entirely.

I was pointing out how ridiculous it is to compare music groups to a baseball player. 

And I'm not a Palin fan, but I'm not sure she would be any worse than the inept fool who is in office now.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

Theo and the FO have a track record of making dumbazz long term deals; so...that is not a relative assertion, it's an absolute assertion. Thus even if it made sense comparing highly compensated athletes to highly compensated entertainers (in this instance it absolutley doesn't), it wouldn't matter. Why not just give Theo high marks for all the things he does so well, and mixed or low marks for the (very few) things he and the FO aren't doing well. I all but guarantee you they look at their own performance that way. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Your-Echo. Show Your-Echo's posts

It would go unnoticeable if many of the popular music groups or singers hit wrong notes in recent years. Much of it just sounds like random noise and talk singing to my ears.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Certainly it's fair to question the Crawford contract.  However, it also gets tiresome.  Why doesn't everyone just agree that it's a major overpay and also agree to stop talking about for the rest of this year anyway. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Your-Echo. Show Your-Echo's posts

Theo and the FO have a track record of making dumbazz long term deals; so...that is not a relative assertion, it's an absolute assertion. Thus even if it made sense comparing highly compensated athletes to highly compensated entertainers (in this instance it absolutley doesn't), it wouldn't matter. Why not just give Theo high marks for all the things he does so well, and mixed or low marks for the (very few) things he and the FO aren't doing well. I all but guarantee you they look at their own performance that way. 
    Posted by futbal

What is the average rate of failure in recent years for GMs who have made long term deals to starting pitchers? Why not compare Theo vs. that average? How do you rate Brian Cashman on FA long term deals in the last ten years. Doesn't this specific debate ever get tiring for you? Is a failure rate of 40% acceptable to you?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from --The--Babe---. Show --The--Babe---'s posts

Certainly it's fair to question the Crawford contract.  However, it also gets tiresome.  Why doesn't everyone just agree that it's a major overpay and also agree to stop talking about for the rest of this year anyway. 

Posted by Hfxsoxnut

LOL...wishful thinking. This place is the home of 1M manny threads, 1/2M drew threads, etc...and you think that they will stop with the crawful contract threads?

Get ready for 7++ years of them.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Your-Echo. Show Your-Echo's posts

In Response to Re: If it's the contract that's bothering you... : LOL...wishful thinking. This place is the home of 1M manny threads, 1/2M drew threads, etc...and you think that they will stop with the crawful contract threads? Get ready for 7++ years of them.
    Posted by --The--Babe---

This is true Babe but how many of those repetitive posts come from loyal Red Sox fans? How many come from closet Yankee fans, pretenders, contrarians, devil's advocates, and the bored?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from --The--Babe---. Show --The--Babe---'s posts

In Response to Re: If it's the contract that's bothering you... : This is true Babe but how many of those repetitive posts come from loyal Red Sox fans? How many come from closet Yankee fans, pretenders, contrarians, devil's advocates, and the bored?

Posted by Your-Echo

You'll have to check with our resident conspiracy expert pike aka kimsaysthis.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

I'd be willing to bet you a million bucks to a donut hole that Kimsaysthis is NOT pike. Kim is a lady red sox fan that speaks her mind. simple as that.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

I'd be willing to bet you a million bucks to a donut hole that Kimsaysthis is NOT pike. Kim is a lady red sox fan that speaks her mind. simple as that.
    Posted by Hammah29r2

Kim may not be pike but she has a lot in common with pike.  She spends a lot of time passing judgment on other posters and searching for hidden Yankee fans.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from --The--Babe---. Show --The--Babe---'s posts

Posted by Hammah29r2

Their MO's are identical. And I wouldn't call her a lady.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Your-Echo. Show Your-Echo's posts

Every forum on the Internet has its share of trolls and pretenders. I am sure that this forum has more than its share. The trick is to identify them by studying their post history, take note of when they appear and disappear, are they chronic in their pessimism and skepticism, and who do they rub elbows with. Once you identify them then you can avoid or ignore them.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from --the--yazzer. Show --the--yazzer's posts

"how many of those repetitive posts" come from religious fanatics, vegens, jehovah witnesses, menses members, the excited, devil worshippers, self-gradificators, out- of -the closet yankee fans, troll hunter pretenders, closet red sox fans, the meek, the attention seekers, the yazzer, and too many more left to mention?

Sections
Shortcuts