If Ortiz jumps ship to the Yankees

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

Re: If Ortiz jumps ship to the Yankees

Tito SHOULD TALK - the pill popping thing was low and he should stop trying to protect players on the team who threw him under the bus when they had no more use for him...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

Are you the Michael Felger of the forum? Love to draw attention to yourself by playing the Devil's advocate?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

Pike, please pick a gadddamn name and stick with it...Im not the attention hore playing "can you guess my new name"???

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

In Response to Re: If Ortiz jumps ship to the Yankees:
    [QUOTE]Agon should also shut up about playing baseball in any conditions...it is called a game for a reason...
    Posted by georom4[/QUOTE]

in a recent interview with San Diego sports radio station XX1090, Gonzalez shed some light on what he was thinking.

“I know I am taking a little bit of heat for the scheduling part, but that wasn’t something I did on my own,” Gonzalez said. “The writer came up to me and said, ‘Has the schedule been tough on you this year?’ I said we played a lot of getaway night games. I said it has been the most grueling season physically for me.

“That was my answer to the question and the question was prior to the collapse, so I answered the question I was asked. It was written after the last game when we didn’t make the playoffs and it was mentioned in a way as I was complaining of the schedule. I wasn’t. I was just answering the question of how hard it was on me. It was tough and it was really hard on my body.”

Gonzalez went on to describe some differences between San Diego and Boston.

“The everyday breakdown of the game is different,” he said. “That’s the biggest difference is that when you win (in Boston), everything is great and when you lose there is always a little way of magnifying the mistakes. Everything is on a larger scale I guess, but I think the game of baseball is the same. I enjoy playing in both cities the same.”

Gonzalez also disputed some of the recent reporting regarding the team, though he declined to mention specifics.

“The first thing we all know is not everything that is written is true,” he said. “A lot of it is made up. A lot of it is taken out of context. I was reading an article today and it said some things about Papi (David Ortiz [stats]) that weren’t true. You just know as a person hearing about these things that not everything written is true. Everything is personal opinion and what they think and what they saw and what they heard and they don’t have the actual facts out in front of them.

“I guess going forward I am going to be careful to not give anyone anything extra to run with. You’ve got to answer the question as short as you can and as precise as you can and go from there.”

-— jtomase@bostonherald.com

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

The Golden Rule of MLB players, who all earn a minimum of a million dollars a year in salary - SHOULD EVER EVER EVER MOAN ABOUT PLAYING CONDITIONS...NOT IN THE RAIN (LISTENING PEDEY???), not in the cold, not at night, not in fall, not at all...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

[QUOTE]Henry should not talk...bad-mouthing a player you just signed for 7 years has to make him feel real welcome and less pressured to perform

How about 10,000 posts on a forum all summer long that were merciless towards Crawford. Don't you think that ballplayers read this forum on occasion? You seem to relish all of the personal attacks on the forum however.

John Henry left the baseball decisions to Lucchino and Theo. He thought that the team already had too many left-handed bats ( something that was mentioned here numerous times). Henry was against the signing for THAT reason. Is that really an insult to Crawford? It is like you buying a fifth lawnmower and your wife tells you that you already had four.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from KurtColorado. Show KurtColorado's posts

In Response to If Ortiz jumps ship to the Yankees:
    [QUOTE]He'll be THE MOST hated former Red Sox EVER. More the Damon, Clemens, or Boggs. Because of what he has meant to this organization if he went to the Yankees I could never forgive him. Thoughts?
    Posted by WE5NUTS[/QUOTE]

He is a Boston icon and it's hard to dismiss what he did for us, especially in 2004, BUT he's already tainted. Instead of coming out like Dustin and trying to become part of a solution, he's ready to bail. He should of just shut up. I wanted him back next year, now I really don't care. His Yankee talk already has hurt his Boston legacy.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from lhtak. Show lhtak's posts

Sox and Ortiz need each for next couple years. I hate to see him go.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from sindarin-erebor. Show sindarin-erebor's posts

[QUOTE]Pike, please pick a gadddamn name and stick with it...Im not the attention hore playing "can you guess my new name"???
    Pike, Babe, Softlaw are all apparently afraid to let other forum members know who they really are when they get tossed and come back with the 1,000,000 version of a screen name. They should be required to start every response with The comment below is being made by Pike, Babe or Softlaw then go on with their bashing and trolling.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: If Ortiz jumps ship to the Yankees : How about 10,000 posts on a forum all summer long that were merciless towards Crawford. Don't you think that ballplayers read this forum on occasion? You seem to relish all of the personal attacks on the forum however. John Henry left the baseball decisions to Lucchino and Theo. He thought that the team already had too many left-handed bats ( something that was mentioned here numerous times). Henry was against the signing for THAT reason. Is that really an insult to Crawford? It is like you buying a fifth lawnmower and your wife tells you that you already had four.
    Posted by UticaClub[/QUOTE]

you think ballplayers read this forum....are you on drugs? why would they ever do that? seriously if you think that you are delusional...the only people who read these forums are the people who post in them regularly...and people who post in them with different names each week...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

[QUOTE]I hope he goes back to the Twins, would make a good story.. m aybe it 30 homers... whatever he does I hope it is not here.
    Posted by BurritoT[/QUOTE]I hope he stays with the Red Sox. I anyone has ever earned the right to retire in the home whites it's David Ortiz IMNSHO.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

If Papi jumps ship ...

The drama is a large part of it.  And I can't hardly blame him.

Will he end up in the Broniks?   Doubtful.  That one poster of pinstripe passion above (not you Zac) that says they don't offer contracts to aging sluggers and treat the DH as a DH must have a short memory.

Andruw Jones?  I don't know how much they paid him but that ain't the point.  He hadn't had a good season in years ... and still didn't have nearly the season Papi had.

I'm gonna keep my example to that most recent one, but that was a ridiculous statement.   No one has done that, in the free agency era, than NYYs.  No one.

But I'll always love Papi. 

Is he drawn to NYYs?  Some part of him is.  But ... the most important thing is the years he gave here.

I think it is very likely he's gone, though.

Without a functioning FO ... who's gonna try to keep him, on what ever terms?

And we definitelyt don't have a functioning FO ...

not with Henry taking cheap shots ... ( I know, they are multi-million dollar cheap shots, but cheap all the same.  ref: his claim about Crawford.)

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: If Ortiz jumps ship to the Yankees : I hope he stays with the Red Sox. I anyone has ever earned the right to retire in the home whites it's David Ortiz IMNSHO.
    Posted by carnie[/QUOTE]

1,000 % agree, Carnie.

I hope he does.

But Papi's never been afraid to say it like it is ... even if "like it is" is only how' he's feeling at that moment.  So the "drama" may well just go away.

I think he's got at least two more good years, with the arrival of Adrian.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

The "DRAMA" is the result of the columnists, other media, talk shows intent on ratings, disappointed fans in hunt of scapegoats, entitled and spoiled fans, and forums loaded with entitled fans. Failing to notice the "DRAMA" in recent weeks is like failing to notice an elephant in the room with you. Papi noticed the "DRAMA" and doesn't care for it. Radio talk show hosts are ecstatic over the DRAMA. There is no need to bash Papi for not liking the DRAMA.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

[QUOTE]The "DRAMA" is the result of the columnists, other media, talk shows intent on ratings, disappointed fans in hunt of scapegoats, entitled and spoiled fans, and forums loaded with entitled fans. Failing to notice the "DRAMA" in recent weeks is like failing to notice an elephant in the room with you. Papi noticed the "DRAMA" and doesn't care for it. Radio talk show hosts are ecstatic over the DRAMA. There is no need to bash Papi for not liking the DRAMA.

I'm not bashing Papi one bit.

I am using HIS word and HIS exasperation.  I heard him, watched him say it.  That is the only reason I used the term.

You might take note that when something is heresay, I often remark it is such.  Not always, but often.

But I haven't bashed Papi ever.  Not when he was struggling, never.  I waded into the cesspool of crybabies who were claiming he was washed up and tried to make them see the sense of injury and injury recovery as the reason he had those couple of hard years.

I know having Manny with him helped, but I never put Papi down.

I wasn't now.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

My post wasn't directed at you SinceYaz.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

[QUOTE]My post wasn't directed at you SinceYaz.

Apologies, then.  Since I mentioned the drama, I tought perhaps it was.

I am chagined to have made the mistake.  :o)

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

[QUOTE]If Papi jumps ship ...    The drama is a large part of it.  And I can't hardly blame him.    Will he end up in the Broniks?   Doubtful.  That one poster of pinstripe passion above (not you Zac) that says they don't offer contracts to aging sluggers and treat the DH as a DH must have a short memory.    Andruw Jones?  I don't know how much they paid him but that ain't the point.  He hadn't had a good season in years ... and still didn't have nearly the season Papi had.     I'm gonna keep my example to that most recent one, but that was a ridiculous statement.   No one has done that, in the free agency era, than NYYs.  No one.     But I'll always love Papi.      Is he drawn to NYYs?  Some part of him is.  But ... the most important thing is the years he gave here.     I think it is very likely he's gone, though.     Without a functioning FO ... who's gonna try to keep him, on what ever terms?      And we definitelyt don't have a functioning FO ...       not with Henry taking cheap shots ... ( I know, they are multi-million dollar cheap shots, but cheap all the same.  ref: his claim about Crawford.)      
    Posted by SinceYaz[/QUOTE]

You have it wrong.

Andruw Jones was signed as the 4th outfielder not as a DH. Coming out of camp Posada was expected to be the full time DH.

Despite this rumor which makes good print, no way would the Yankees consider going outside for a DH with Arod breaking down and the emergence of Jesus Montero who will more then likely catch and DH for at least 550 at bats in 2012.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

I really do like Ortiz, but leaders show up in times of controversy.  For a guy who likes to talk a lot,  his word have been at times cowardly, meaningless and selfish.  Wish him well, but I have lost a lot of respect, especially after the Sox picked up his option and paid him more than he would've gotten elsewhere. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_4416657. Show user_4416657's posts

I DO NOT want Ortiz on the Yankees, no thanks Papi stay put.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wolfpack13. Show Wolfpack13's posts

What sensitive fans. Why do we care so much what he says? He helped bring two WS rings here and had the most clutch hits ever. Now he's 100 years old and moody. There's no need to discredit what he's done and there's no need to worry where he goes.
    If you didn't learn that winning a championship in Boston is way more important to fans than anyone else after these yo-yo's quit/collapsed/whatever... than you never will.
    It's funny fans worship players, pay $100 for jerseys, $200 for tickets, etc. and then wonder why the players may be just a bit arrogant and aloof.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Who thunk this topic up? Ortiz if he leaves is going to join the Blue Jays just like Roger did,he's tight with Bautista and they already have another face he's familiar with in Farrell. So if he goes would I boo him? Probably not, unless he did damage to the Sox....

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In Response to If Ortiz jumps ship to the Yankees:
    [QUOTE]He'll be THE MOST hated former Red Sox EVER. More the Damon, Clemens, or Boggs. Because of what he has meant to this organization if he went to the Yankees I could never forgive him. Thoughts?
    Posted by WE5NUTS[/QUOTE]

Ortiz or Jeter won't be happy playing part time in NY.  Thats what may happen when Jeter needs a rest.  Also, where does Montero fit?  Starting or backup catcher/DH?  It would be tough to give Papi the playing time he would want but anything is possible.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from OnDeckCircle. Show OnDeckCircle's posts

Ortiz is posturing.     He'll take what's offered to him by Ben Cherington for a 1-year deal or leave.      It's a new game for the Sox with no room for sentimentality.
    Wakefield and Varitek will find out the same thing.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

[QUOTE]Ortiz is posturing.     He'll take what's offered to him by Ben Cherington for a 1-year deal or leave.      It's a new game for the Sox with no room for sentimentality. Wakefield and Varitek will find out the same thing.
    Posted by OnDeckCircle[/QUOTE]

I agree and could be wrong but David won't be getting a long term deal with the Sox or Yanks.  We both have other players that may need to occupy the DH slot.  I would offer David two years with a team option for a third.  I think he earned his way back this season but also left us high and dry for a few when Manny was traded due to injuries etc.

Sections
Shortcuts