If Ortiz jumps ship to the Yankees

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from iamme17. Show iamme17's posts

Re: If Ortiz jumps ship to the Yankees

boston is the only place in mlb which would pay a premium for what he did in the past because he did it for them.Maybe the orioles would come close to matching the sox offer but they're probably the only team who would and i don't think they would actually match it,just come close.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

TB may make an offer.
    Baltimore and Toronto may as well.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from iamme17. Show iamme17's posts

In Response to Re: If Ortiz jumps ship to the Yankees:
    [QUOTE]TB may make an offer. Baltimore and Toronto may as well.
    Posted by moonslav59[/QUOTE]tampa wouldn't come close to matching any sox offer ,neither would the jays who have a power bat like encarnation at dh who can also fill in at two positions at half the cost.Even the orioles who need credibility with the fans ain't gonna pay a premium for what ortiz did for boston years ago.Ortiz can only get the money and years he wants from boston and nobody else.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

I think you might be overestimating what the Sox FO will offer. I know Theo is not here anymore, but perhaps it will continue to be an organizational strategy to offer arb, have it be refused, and then make a low end market offer not caring if it is accepted or not, since the comp picks help balance out the loss. (Then they use the money saved to boost other need areas.)

It's hard to tell how much "loyalty" will come into play, but I don't see the Sox offering high-end market value for a DH. Other than the Sox picking up papi's one year option last winter, what's the current market value for a good DH? For a great DH? Does anybody really know what any team will offer?

One gain that TB, balt, or Tor get by signing Papi, is thet they subtract him from the Sox as well.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Ortiz certainly is the only one of the Original 3 who might be back, might.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In Response to Re: If Ortiz jumps ship to the Yankees:
    [QUOTE]Ortiz certainly is the only one of the Original 3 who might be back, might.
    Posted by BurritoT[/QUOTE]

Yeah, just when we were maybe about to become 100% Theo's team, Theo is gone.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from craig2174. Show craig2174's posts

Then sign Fielder!  it is not my money I dont care how much they spend..

Sections
Shortcuts