If Sox fail to sign Lester

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

Re: If Sox fail to sign Lester

In response to Sobchack's comment:
    [QUOTE]

No Lester means Lackey, a solid #2, followed by De La Rosa, Workman, Doubront….and a soon-to-be #5 in Clay "Head Case" Buchholz.  Really? 

[/QUOTE]

i think doubront will be gone at the deadline....and i hope he is...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

In response to J-BAY's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Lester: Trade and return to Red Sox a possibility

By Peter Abraham / Globe Staff

ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. — Jon Lester offered up an intriguing twist to the upcoming trade deadline: the idea that he would be willing to re-sign with the Red Sox as a free agent after being dealt.

“Why not?” the lefthander said after the Tampa Bay Rays beat the Red Sox, 6-4, on Friday night. “This is what I know. This is what I love. Like I’ve said plenty of times, this is where I want to be. And if they trade me, I completely understand. No hard feelings.

“I know what they have to do for their organization, and if that involves me, then so be it. If it doesn’t, I’ll keep running out there every five days and pitching. Hopefully in November we get something done.”

[/QUOTE]

that would be unreal if that happened...that would be perfect...and we could get a solid package for him...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

In response to raider3524's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to J-BAY's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Lester: Trade and return to Red Sox a possibility

By Peter Abraham / Globe Staff

ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. — Jon Lester offered up an intriguing twist to the upcoming trade deadline: the idea that he would be willing to re-sign with the Red Sox as a free agent after being dealt.

“Why not?” the lefthander said after the Tampa Bay Rays beat the Red Sox, 6-4, on Friday night. “This is what I know. This is what I love. Like I’ve said plenty of times, this is where I want to be. And if they trade me, I completely understand. No hard feelings.

“I know what they have to do for their organization, and if that involves me, then so be it. If it doesn’t, I’ll keep running out there every five days and pitching. Hopefully in November we get something done.”

[/QUOTE]

that would be unreal if that happened...that would be perfect...and we could get a solid package for him...

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, if that is true it should make the decision to trade him a lot simpler.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

In response to seannybboi's comment:
    [QUOTE]

What do you think Sox will do next?  We have pretty good SP depth but none will likely replace Lester right away.  Are you comfortable with Lackey as our #1 SP?  Does FO, once again, rely on Buccholz to turn things around next season?  Trade?  If they are not willing to give what Lester wants, I don't really see them go out and sign an ace like Scherzer who will certainly cost more than Lester.  

[/QUOTE]

Lester can do no wrong . It's gets old every time he pitches. He goes 6 innings 100+ pitches and they treat him like a rock star or next Cy Young. If that was say ...Workman that would be just a decent job. If you throw 100+ pitches in 6 innings ? Your not around the plate so batters will not hit you , That makes a great outing ? Sick of the Lester show so he should go...... Yanks he's all yours