If the 3 Stooges ever announced a baseball game.....

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Re: If the 3 Stooges ever announced a baseball game.....

Here it is, my mistake, 4t, in 2010. Hawk was named the worst, exam. No surprise, there. 

Don Orsillo And Jerry Remy MLB's 4th Best Broadcast Team

4) Boston Red Sox—Don Orsillo and Jerry Remy

Remy has an arresting voice, with a thick Massachusetts accent—not the sound of your typical broadcaster—and he talks in a string of short bursts. He also has no volume control. In fact, when he first chimes in, one worries that some beer-brave Sawx fan has stumbled into the booth. It's a big personality to cram into a headset, but Orsillo makes it work by playing the straight—if bland—man, by calling a solid game, and by getting out of Remy's way, when necessary. Remy will misspeak (hilariously) on occasion, like: "Sometimes it's hard to get down that sacrifice fly," on a botched bunt attempt. But it's always in service of the game's action, and it never slows him down.

Read More http://www.gq.com/sports/lists/201007/five-best-worst-mlb-broadcast-booths#ixzz2YMlGa199

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

In response to mjagger's comment:

In response to cedarwood's comment:

[QUOTE]

In response to notin's comment:

[QUOTE]

hey Pike where is my tribute? 

Quit dissing the Stooges. 

“Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me. Anything can happen, child. Anything can be.”

-Shel Silverstein

Unbelievable. Last night I listed all of the reasons why I like Joe Breidy as one of the best posters on the forum and the thread was deleted and I was banned in a matter of minutes. Who is in charge here when it comes to deleting threads and banning posters?  Address your questions to Hanafin@boston.com. My guess is that someone has stolen the email address and password of Teresa Hanafin and is bnning posters for no reason.

What in the world was evil or wrong with me praising Joe Breidy as a poster. I also like Notin and  Kimmi as posters. Does that also deserve a banning?  What do you think about this J-Bay?

Hanifin@Boston.com. Put a stop to the indiscriminate banning of posters that speak the truth and annoy J-Bay. The forum needs more Sox fans.

If this thread gets deleted within minutes then you can blame it on J-Bay or Teresa. Shame on you J-Bay for your actions.

[/QUOTE]

Speaking of stooges, is that you again, pike?

[/QUOTE]

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

In response to ThatWasMe's comment:

Yeah Remy and Orsillo are a cut above.

The Sox broadcasts are among the worst in the entire game why the hell do they keep sending the camera into the booth to look at these two?

No other team game broadcasts continually go into the booth and show the commentators like the sox do and the question is why?

To look at and listen to these two humorless goofballs.

Must be a NE thing.

Talk about cornpone. You guys have the absolute worst commentators in baseball and have the balls to criticize other teams.

Go play with your marbles, you maroon.

Einstein the last I checked maroon is a color.

Hey s-head, check the 'urban dictionary' and you'll see the word fits you like a glove.

I don't do 'urban dictionary' ignoramus, the English language suits me just fine.

Ignoramus is in the Webster in case you didn't know the meaning.

The urban dictionary and idiots like yourself who dignify it are responsible for the dumbing down of our country and society in general.

If there should be any doubts ask the creator of this thread.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

In response to J-BAY's comment:

Here it is, my mistake, 4t, in 2010. Hawk was named the worst, exam. No surprise, there. 

Don Orsillo And Jerry Remy MLB's 4th Best Broadcast Team

4) Boston Red Sox—Don Orsillo and Jerry Remy

Remy has an arresting voice, with a thick Massachusetts accent—not the sound of your typical broadcaster—and he talks in a string of short bursts. He also has no volume control. In fact, when he first chimes in, one worries that some beer-brave Sawx fan has stumbled into the booth. It's a big personality to cram into a headset, but Orsillo makes it work by playing the straight—if bland—man, by calling a solid game, and by getting out of Remy's way, when necessary. Remy will misspeak (hilariously) on occasion, like: "Sometimes it's hard to get down that sacrifice fly," on a botched bunt attempt. But it's always in service of the game's action, and it never slows him down.

Read More http://www.gq.com/sports/lists/201007/five-best-worst-mlb-broadcast-booths#ixzz2YMlGa199

Ok, I followed the link and it appears to be article based on the author's opinion.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

I guess the tendency of a fan is to support the team's announcers. Objectivity is hard to come by. I get the MLB Extra Innings package, so I get to see a bit of all the teams announce crews.  I honestly would have to rate Orsillo and Remy near the bottom. They were better a few years ago. Now , there is just too much nonsense and they ignore the game entirely too much. Maybe that is what NESN wants them to do.  Orsillo's habit of repeating the count after almost every pitch is annoying.  " The two and one pitch is outside , and it is three and one "  etc. This is not radio. We can see the game box. From what I can see of the YES crew , David Cone is the best , but not on too often as they rotate. The Mets crew does a good job.   Vin Scully is still the gold standard of announcers. Far and away the best in the business. 

Stabbed by Foulke.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

[QUOTE]

The Sox broadcasts are among the worst in the entire game why the hell do they keep sending the camera into the booth to look at these two?

No other team game broadcasts continually go into the booth and show the commentators like the sox do and the question is why?

Must be a NE thing.

Talk about cornpone. You guys have the absolute worst commentators in baseball and have the balls to criticize other teams.

Hey s-head, check the 'urban dictionary' and you'll see the word fits you like a glove.

I don't do 'urban dictionary' ignoramus, the English language suits me just fine.

Ignoramus is in the Webster in case you didn't know the meaning.

The urban dictionary and idiots like yourself who dignify it are responsible for the dumbing down of our country and society in general.

If there should be any doubts ask the creator of this thread.

Btw, why are you on my thread? You bring a stench to every post you enter.

[/QUOTE]

A 12 year old no doubt, sorry thought I was exchanging my pov with an adult.

You have to understand on a public forum not everyone will agree with you.

Every home town broadcasts are homers some more so than others my only point.

Have a great day.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 86redsox. Show 86redsox's posts

"Everytime you think you weaken the nation"

-moe

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Must be a NE thing.

someone is obviously not a Bugs Bunny fan...And I didnt even have to look up in the urban dictionary. That was during WWII when that came out, not from todays youth...

http://youtu.be/C_Kh7nLplWo

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

If The Three Stooges ever broadcase a baseball game it would be the Tampa Bay announcers (no matter how manyof them there are), but if God himself ever did it he's sound just like Vin Scully.

Having the right to do something doesn't make it the right thing to do.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

To each, his own. Don and Jery were named the 3rd best, a few years ago, only behind Vin Scully and the Mets commentators. Not to mention, Don Orsillo has done the TBS post season, for several years. Castiglione and O'Brian are the best, IMO.  Regardless, I appreciate all the games are televised. 

Must have been a poll conducted in NE.

I really like Castiglione and O'Brien and listen to Sox games whenever I am traveling.

Far superior to Sterling and Waldman who do the Yankee games two of the worst I have ever heard.

With Scully and the Mets, voted 1 and 2? No TWM, it wasn't, nor do I think it was a poll. Honestly, TWM, Michael Kay is the reason I can't watch the NYY games. Not that I want to, mind you. When I flip over to see the score, or watch an occasional at bat, I too mute the remote.  That said, you don't suppose it goes with the territory, do you? I know NYY fans who don't like Michael Kay and Sox fans, who don't like Remy or Orsillo, or both. As I said, to each his own. Everyone be happy the games are televised, HD at that. I remember the days of radio that had more static, than audio

LOL...I remember those days too J. We lived in SC in 1990 when the Reds were making their run at the WS. The games started at 7:35 back then, and I knew that if I wanted to hear it, I had to go out in the car to pick it up, and got very adept at picking up the announcers and gleaning what was happening through static. The station would come in, then fade out and Id get some Carribean sounding station for a minute, then WLW would come back in. It was that way til about 8:30-9pm, then I could go into the house and pick it up on the radio in my room. But even before that when I was about 9-10 years old, we lived in Florida, and to pick it up there you had to sit in the car with your hand on the antenna. Now that is dedication. These HD/satellite kids have no idea.

13. This post has been removed.