If the Red Sox Need a DH, Why Isn't Lavarnway Up

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Boomerangsdotcom. Show Boomerangsdotcom's posts

Re: If the Red Sox Need a DH, Why Isn't Lavarnway Up

Trades are flying all over the place. The Marlins just moved Hanley, Sanchez et al. Are they in full fledged Loria mode now?

It seems so!

I wouldn't be surprised by anything. If we were willing to eat Heath Bell's salary I bet he would trade his wife!

Johnson, Beurhle, ...whose next?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

In Response to Re: If the Red Sox Need a DH, Why Isn't Lavarnway Up:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: If the Red Sox Need a DH, Why Isn't Lavarnway Up : I don't get it. There seems to be a lack of brain power in the FO. Not a fan of Cherington, he should not have been given the job. He is like Theo's little brother.
    Posted by EnchiladaT[/QU

There is a complete lack of forethought in the Sox personel decisions. I'm going to beat a deadhorse when I mention Podsednik again, but the fact remains when he was ready to come off the DL--he should have been immediately ticketed back to the big club as there was a need for an OF who could get on base (.420 OBP in  his stint with Sox). When Morales had just pitched another gem of a start, that's when the team announced his demotion and the end of the 6-man rotation (whhhhyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!) when it was WORKING. And finally after Nava's struggles at the plate and the notorious BV putting him in the top 3 spots of the order in 3 successive games, an seeing that Ciriaco was coming back to Earth---when Ortiz went on the DL, what happens? Well, naturally, no Lavarnway (or Gomez) to the big club and more starts for Nava, Ciriaco at DH. What a waste of talent spots. Podsednik and Lavarnway each had perfect opportunities to rejoin and join the club, and the Sox nixed it both times.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Boomerangsdotcom. Show Boomerangsdotcom's posts

Posednik is hitting .240 again in the minors. 1 HR. He is deep depth. Thant's all. Short sample sizes can clearly distort reality.

I do agree on Ciriaco though. Gomez should have been brought up.

Sections
Shortcuts