if the SOX are eliminated early in the playoffs.....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from -theyazzer-. Show -theyazzer-'s posts

if the SOX are eliminated early in the playoffs.....

should that justify the firing of THEO EPSTEIN?

my response is YES.

like to know what you think; and all you THEO LOVERS out there, please be as abusive to me as you like.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Re: if the SOX are eliminated early in the playoffs.....

I think general managers are judged by their team's regular season performance.  If you win 98 games and get bumped in the first round, that falls under 'the playoffs are a crapshoot'.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In Response to if the SOX are eliminated early in the playoffs.....:
    should that justify the firing of THEO EPSTEIN? my response is YES. like to know what you think; and all you THEO LOVERS out there, please be as abusive to me as you like.
    Posted by -theyazzer-

really yazzer? Ok, ill play...No, he will NOT be fired..and no, im not going to bash you..and no, Im not a "Theo lover"....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from sindarin-erebor. Show sindarin-erebor's posts

No

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from softylaw. Show softylaw's posts

Yes, should be.

Not likely he will be.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pri360. Show pri360's posts

should that justify the firing of THEO EPSTEIN? my response is YES. like to know what you think; and all you THEO LOVERS out there, please be as abusive to me as you like.
    Posted by -theyazzer-
    Who could they hire better than him? He would have almost as many job offers as there are teams. As a Yankee fan; I'm glad he signed Crawford, because I don't think he will ever be worth the money (ditto Arod, Burnett, Jeter & Soriano). But if the Sox don't win, its not because of the Crawford signing. Even Lackey - who comes at a very high price -- is tied for the lead in team wins. His luck at free agency is not that good (although Beltre was a great signing); but when it comes to swinging trades ....... there's none better. (Bay, Vmart, Agon, to name a few).

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from softylaw. Show softylaw's posts

Who could they hire better than him?

Bonzo

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

Posted by -theyazzer-

Theo made some good and bad moves in the off season but overall our club is better.  Nobody expected Clay to go down, or players like Youk and Crawford to be struggling.  These are just things that happen, but I do feel guys like Crawford and especially Lackey "if he pitches in the PS" need to step up, otherwise Theo should get some blame for the investments. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

Who could they hire better than him?

Softy.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

I think that we shouldn't be speculating and talking about what should be done if we lose.

That's something a DONNY DOWNER would do.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

ummmmm...I was referring to you.

are you hitting on me?

Awkward!!!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from PawsoxPhil. Show PawsoxPhil's posts

Posted by -theyazzer-

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

if a team dominates in the reg season and loses in the playoffs, that is more the manager's fault (if assigning blame to non-players)

i am worried about backing into the playoffs again like we did in 2009...i hope we go for the jugular and take the division...we will need all the home field we can get against the tough ALCS teams

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from -theyazzer-. Show -theyazzer-'s posts

In Response to Re: if the SOX are eliminated early in the playoffs.....:
    In Response to if the SOX are eliminated early in the playoffs..... :
    Posted by PawsoxPhil

only feels bad to THEOGLODYTES like yourself.
    please fire theo so pawsexphil can have a good cry.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from -theyazzer-. Show -theyazzer-'s posts

ummmmm...I was referring to you. are you hitting on me? Awkward!!!!
    Posted by ctredsoxfanhugh

no, i avoid jesus freaks.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from tc25. Show tc25's posts

In Response to Re: if the SOX are eliminated early in the playoffs..... : only feels bad to THEOGLODYTES like yourself. please fire theo so pawsexphil can have a good cry.
    Posted by -theyazzer-

Yaz plain & simple the only way Theo gets fired is if John Henry catches him in bed with his wife & I dout that will ever happen sop the answer is no

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from -theyazzer-. Show -theyazzer-'s posts

In Response to Re: if the SOX are eliminated early in the playoffs..... : Yaz plain & simple the only way Theo gets fired is if John Henry catches him in bed with his wife & I dout that will ever happen sop the answer is no
    Posted by tc25

you're probably right. i'm guessing john henry's wife is straight.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In Response to Re: if the SOX are eliminated early in the playoffs..... : no, i avoid jesus freaks.
    Posted by -theyazzer-

Too bad.  If anyone here needs some Jesus, its the Yazzer.  

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Love all the positive thinking!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

In Response to Re: if the SOX are eliminated early in the playoffs..... : no, i avoid jesus freaks.
    Posted by -theyazzer-

I'm not a Jesus freak...I'm simply saying IF there is a Jesus....he is definitely a Red Sox fan. 

I'm not your enemy -theyazzer-  I'm here to turn that frown upside down, and help you reach your "inner positive spirit" you could keep being negative and cynical, but who wants to live like that???

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from pri360. Show pri360's posts

Who could they hire better than him? Bonzo
    Posted by softylaw
     you don't have an answer do you?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from tetonman50. Show tetonman50's posts

Given that Theo like Cashman has almost unlimited resources compaired to most other teams it's hard for me to really get a handle on just how good (or poor) he may be.  Personally, considering what financial resources he has at his disposal to help do his job I probably am unimpressed with him.

Where I think he really comes up short is dealing with unexpected issues like the annual breakdown of so many key players during the regular season. Anyone with a virtually unlimited check book can sign free agents to $100+ million dollar long term contracts in the off season.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

Last year I asked the question of "Who would you hire as the RS manager" I also added they had to be available and not under contract. I got not one answer except after Buck got hired in Balt. and every one was saying how he had turned that organization 180 degrees around. Well they have done a complete 360 and are back exactly where they were before he took over.
    No one has an answer and no one has ever answered that question.

tetonman seriously:
    Where I think he really comes up short is dealing with unexpected issues like the annual breakdown of so many key players during the regular season. Anyone with a virtually unlimited check book can sign free agents to $100+ million dollar long term contracts in the off season.

The check book is not virtually unlimited. How can you sign  any FA to 100 mil and be assured they won't break down? So you are supposed to have an unlimited supply of 100 mil players on your roster?
    Now if you have a crystal ball and will tell Theo which player will go down and when I'm sure he will buy it from you or maybe even pay you  100 mil for your services.                         LaughingLaughing

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from -theyazzer-. Show -theyazzer-'s posts

In Response to Re: if the SOX are eliminated early in the playoffs..... : I'm not a Jesus freak...I'm simply saying IF there is a Jesus....he is definitely a Red Sox fan.  I'm not your enemy -theyazzer-  I'm here to turn that frown upside down, and help you reach your "inner positive spirit" you could keep being negative and cynical, but who wants to live like that???
    Posted by ctredsoxfanhugh

actually, i'm getting myself prepared for the disappointment that will befall the SOX in OCTOBER. it is not as good a team as most on this board think it is; so be ready for a fall. i blame THEO for what will happen because of another one of his terrible free agent signings. that extra 140 million could have made this SOX team a great team.
    and this isn't second guessing; i knew back when the deal was consumated
    with jd crawford that it was a tragedy. he's a small market guy who will never perform well in a big market. it happens. theo was too dumb to notice.

so when the SOX are eliminated early, as they will be, the ax should fall on theo's neck.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In Response to Re: if the SOX are eliminated early in the playoffs..... : actually, i'm getting myself prepared for the disappointment that will befall the SOX in OCTOBER. it is not as good a team as most on this board think it is; so be ready for a fall. i blame THEO for what will happen because of another one of his terrible free agent signings. that extra 140 million could have made this SOX team a great team. and this isn't second guessing; i knew back when the deal was consumated with jd crawford that it was a tragedy. he's a small market guy who will never perform well in a big market. it happens. theo was too dumb to notice. so when the SOX are eliminated early, as they will be, the ax should fall on theo's neck.
    Posted by -theyazzer-

thats the spirit Yazzer.  you're the awesomest fan I know.

Sections
Shortcuts