If the Sox stay alive...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

If the Sox stay alive...

If the Sox can stay hot and knock a few more games off in the next 8 days, the most likely trade candidate shifts from Peavy / Miller to Doubront.  His role has been usurped by de la Rosa, and he is an attractive trade piece to other teams for reasons related to age, control, salary and stuff.  (Carp is looking like the player most likely to be moved in a subsequent deal to create roster space.  Do not expect much.) 

The question then becomes, what are the Sox in the market FOR?  The outfield is actually hitting.  Victorino has become the equivalent of a mid-season acquisition.  Bradley, despite repeated claims by some (hi, donrd), that he would NEVER hit, has been, well, hitting.   Nava has started to hit, and timed his offense with some absolutely brilliant and remarkably accurate prediction from an amazingly insightful yet unjustifiably humble poster on this forum.   Drew is hitting and fielding.   Bogaerts has shown signs of life recently.   Holt is ready to play anywhere if anyone struggles. 

It would be foolish and beyond naïve to think all of these players will continue to stay hot all season long, so if the Sox do anything, I would assume it would involve acquiring an outfield bat, enabling Holt to slide in if Drew / Bogaerts / whoever struggles.   If the bat need be capable of playing CF for reasons related to versatility, the most logical name that comes to mind is Alex Rios. 

Doubront for Rios?  

Fans might want someone with a bit more control, although Rios does have a $13.5mill option for 2015.  He is a good, albeit not great, right-handed bat.  And he might be available for as little as Doubront, although league-wide interest could increase the price. 

If not Rios, then what available OF/hitter could be had for Doubront?

Discuss....

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

Re: If the Sox stay alive...

I thought Rios was injured.  I think Craig Allen was the popular name on this board and he should be very available.  Peavy and Doubront for Craig Allen and a high upside prospect maybe?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

In response to notin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

If the Sox can stay hot and knock a few more games off in the next 8 days, the most likely trade candidate shifts from Peavy / Miller to Doubront.  His role has been usurped by de la Rosa, and he is an attractive trade piece to other teams for reasons related to age, control, salary and stuff.  (Carp is looking like the player most likely to be moved in a subsequent deal to create roster space.  Do not expect much.) 

The question then becomes, what are the Sox in the market FOR?  The outfield is actually hitting.  Victorino has become the equivalent of a mid-season acquisition.  Bradley, despite repeated claims by some (hi, donrd), that he would NEVER hit, has been, well, hitting.   Nava has started to hit, and timed his offense with some absolutely brilliant and remarkably accurate prediction from an amazingly insightful yet unjustifiably humble poster on this forum.   Drew is hitting and fielding.   Bogaerts has shown signs of life recently.   Holt is ready to play anywhere if anyone struggles. 

It would be foolish and beyond naïve to think all of these players will continue to stay hot all season long, so if the Sox do anything, I would assume it would involve acquiring an outfield bat, enabling Holt to slide in if Drew / Bogaerts / whoever struggles.   If the bat need be capable of playing CF for reasons related to versatility, the most logical name that comes to mind is Alex Rios. 

Doubront for Rios?  

Fans might want someone with a bit more control, although Rios does have a $13.5mill option for 2015.  He is a good, albeit not great, right-handed bat.  And he might be available for as little as Doubront, although league-wide interest could increase the price. 

If not Rios, then what available OF/hitter could be had for Doubront?

Discuss....

[/QUOTE]

If you want Rios, then Boston is likely need to part away either Gomes or Nava or Carp or all threes.  Cant carry six OF's on the roster if you are going to include Holt and Carp. Yes we need one more power hitter hitting behind Napoli or maybe somewhere in the 6 hole.  But the problem is that Middy is on the way back to Boston, and Boston is now getting healthier.   

My best shot is to trade Gomes and Carp (he is likely to go once Middy will be called up) cuz Nava is playing better than these two's lately as a defender and hitter.  Also Rios is a right handed hitter which mean Boston do not need Gomes anymore.

But how much Texas Rangers want from Boston...that is the problem.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

In response to seannybboi's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I thought Rios was injured.  I think Craig Allen was the popular name on this board and he should be very available.  Peavy and Doubront for Craig Allen and a high upside prospect maybe?

[/QUOTE]

Allen Craig, not Craig Allen.

He is a candidate as well.  I like Craig as a hitter more than Rios, but Rios is defintely avaiable while opinions vary on Craig.  Also Rios is more veratile and can play all 3 OF positions, which was part of my criteria that was a simple guess.  Craig is a corner OF/1B.

Craig's contract is insanely favorable as far as Luxury Tax is concerned, as well.  He is a good candidate if St. Louis looks to deal him like they should.  The big flaw is that he is struggling mightily this year and might be more of a 2015 piece thn a 2014 one...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

i still feel Felix has a role on this team in the future.  2015 will see peavy gone and still need to see about Lester.  either way should open a spot for Felix to get another shot at the rotation.  but i have always been one to collect pitching.
    pitching = parades

other names i have posted under:  none

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazy-world-of-troybrown. Show crazy-world-of-troybrown's posts

If Craig could find his old form he is a legit Number 3 hitter in this line-up. He has hit his whole career, I would absolutely take the chance on him. Just dealing with Mozeliak, he would want a pretty good return.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

There is no fit for Rios here.  Gomes/Nava is a fine platoon so long as Farrell sticks to a strict platoon.

If you trade Doubront, there is nothing wrong with getting a prospect back for him.  This will drive the haters insane, but the lineup we have now is more than capable of winning a lot of games.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

In response to Joebreidey's comment:
    [QUOTE]

There is no fit for Rios here.  Gomes/Nava is a fine platoon so long as Farrell sticks to a strict platoon.

If you trade Doubront, there is nothing wrong with getting a prospect back for him.  This will drive the haters insane, but the lineup we have now is more than capable of winning a lot of games.

[/QUOTE]

I guess that depends on how much faith you have in Victorino staying healthy...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

In response to notin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Joebreidey's comment:
    [QUOTE]

There is no fit for Rios here.  Gomes/Nava is a fine platoon so long as Farrell sticks to a strict platoon.

[/QUOTE]

I guess that depends on how much faith you have in Victorino staying healthy...

[/QUOTE]
    brock can be handed the keys....

other names i have posted under:  none

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

#RedSox team slugging percentage was .367 on July 8 and .378 now. League average .396.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Pete Abraham @PeteAbe  ·  52m
    Small sample, lots of variables, etc. But #RedSox 5-0 with a 1.80 ERA in the 5 games Vazquez has caught. He’s 6x18, 7 RBIs, 1 K.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Pete Abraham @PeteAbe  ·  28m
    Jackie Bradley Jr. since June 19 (23 games): .321/.369/.397. OPS from .583 to .632. #redsox

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Pete Abraham @PeteAbe  ·  20m
    Daniel Nava .350/.429/.398 since June 4 (34 games, 119 plate appearances). Back in 2013 form.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Pete Abraham @PeteAbe  ·  15m
    David Ortiz 109 of 404 at the Rogers Center. A so-so (for him) .270. But 35 doubles and 35 HRs. .606 slugging.