If they Ever Made a Movie.About`Some of The Protagonists

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Re: If they Ever Made a Movie.About`Some of The Protagonists

I am still content with my actor affiliation, thanks.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In Response to Re: If they Ever Made a Movie.About`Some of The Protagonists:
    [QUOTE]I am still content with my actor affiliation, thanks.
    Posted by BurritoT[/QUOTE]

Why? I didn't give you a new one; but you had me googling that magnificent creature.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Your-Echo. Show Your-Echo's posts

How do these posters who have watched 10,000 movies and 20,000 youtube videos find time to be on the BDC forum 12 hours per day.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

[QUOTE]How do these posters who have watched 10,000 movies and 20,000 youtube videos find time to be on the BDC forum 12 hours per day.
    Posted by Your-Echo[/QUOTE]

How do you find the time to be a human shadow?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: If they Ever Made a Movie.About`Some of The Protagonists : Gorcey tried to remain a kid his entire life, with the help of booze. (Any poster come to mind?) I see Roy as Spencer Tracy. Our Sheriff might fit the versatile Jimmy Stewart.
    Posted by harness[/QUOTE]

Sounds all good to me; Roy  & Spencer are a good match (I'm thinking, Judgment at Nuremberg, Inherit The Wind OR Bad Day At Black Rock; NOT Captain's Courageous, San Francisco or any of those slightly overrated Hepburn team comedies) but while Jimmy's played Sherriffs before, this Sherriff could stretch the envelope of his versatility.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

[QUOTE]How do these posters who have watched 10,000 movies and 20,000 youtube videos find time to be on the BDC forum 12 hours per day.
    Posted by Your-Echo[/QUOTE]

I have asked the same question...

to nhsteven: no I dido not change I was just re-affirming I was happy with your casting of BurritoT

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: If they Ever Made a Movie.About`Some of The Protagonists : Sounds all good to me; Roy  & Spencer are a good match (I'm thinking, Judgment at Nuremberg, Inherit The Wind OR Bad Day At Black Rock; NOT Captain's Courageous, San Francisco  or any of those slightly overrated Hepburn team comedies) but while Jimmy's played Sherriffs before, this Sherriff could stretch the envelope of his versatility.
    Posted by nhsteven[/QUOTE]

Well, Rojas used an Andy Griffith analogy, but I see him with a much sharper edge. Stewart used the same tact and deployed the same logic when necessary.
    Considering Stewart's diversity, I think it's a good fit.

I must re-think the Youk/Paul Newman casting, though. Diametrically opposite politics.

Some food for thought: These casting threads never get into an actual pilot episode. Perhaps this one will. It would make it unique and lasting.
    OTOH,

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

If I wrote a pilot, it would p*ss everyone off; including you, and I would even p*ss off myself; plus, it would have to be done Seinfeld style, with quick jutting simultaneous and interlocking plotlines; add to that a large character pallette with testy and complex relationships, even though it's only in pen-pal/pen-adversarial (and that's putting it mildly) form; for now, no thanks.

Like I said elsewhere, perhaps a soap would be better; especially with all the speculated aliases.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

If I made be so bold as to offer a suggestion for an actor to play me,even if it's a bit part?I think I'd go with Alan Hale Jr for my character.Mind you though,it wouldn't be the lovable "Skipper" from Gilligan's Island Alan Hale,it would be from  "Hang Em High" where he was a member of the hanging party.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from --The--Babe----. Show --The--Babe----'s posts

I would suggest audrey hepburn to play the part of nhstephanie......and winona ryder to play jersey erica

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

[QUOTE]If I made be so bold as to offer a suggestion for an actor to play me,even if it's a bit part?I think I'd go with Alan Hale Jr for my character.Mind you though,it wouldn't be the lovable "Skipper" from Gilligan's Island Alan Hale,it would be from  "Hang Em High" where he was a member of the hanging party.
    Posted by mrmojo1120[/QUOTE]

UR too hard on yourself! How about Walter Cronkite?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

[QUOTE]If I wrote a pilot, it would p*ss everyone off; including you, and I would even p*ss off myself; plus, it would have to be done Seinfeld style , with quick jutting simultaneous and interlocking plotlines; add to that a large character pallette with testy and complex relationships, even though it's only in pen-pal/pen-adversarial (and that's putting it mildly) form; for now, no thanks. Like I said elsewhere, perhaps a soap would be better; especially with all the speculated aliases.

But that's the challenge! I did write a Seifeld script - for the fun of it.
    A more serious  scenario might revolve around the recent ludicrous connection iof Josh H. to that tragedy.
    Well, maybe that's a bit heavy. Perhaps using Softy as the foil in a semi-serious mode. Think of the possibilities.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

Well, since you have cartoon characters playing some of the parts, I would be honored to have Bugs Bunny play me.  Suits my character on here well.

If you have to go with an unanimated actor, I think Paul Giamatti would handle it well.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: If they Ever Made a Movie.About`Some of The Protagonists : Sounds all good to me; Roy  & Spencer are a good match (I'm thinking, Judgment at Nuremberg, Inherit The Wind OR Bad Day At Black Rock; NOT Captain's Courageous, San Francisco  or any of those slightly overrated Hepburn team comedies) but while Jimmy's played Sherriffs before, this Sherriff could stretch the envelope of his versatility.

That would work.

Actually, I see Jimmy Stewart playing harness, the Jimmy Stewart from the Anthony Mann westerns like Winchester '73 or The Man From Laramie --a mild-mannered guy whose dark side can come out when pushed to the extreme.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]I would suggest audrey hepburn to play the part of nhstephanie......and winona ryder to play jersey erica
    Posted by --The--Babe----[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the original thought; I would prefer Donna Reed myself. The posters here were monumentally dissappointed that you didn't contribute sooner; the effect was tantamount here to acute malaise of the highest order. Thank you for your unselfish contribution, as the collective relief is palpable.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]If I made be so bold as to offer a suggestion for an actor to play me,even if it's a bit part?I think I'd go with Alan Hale Jr for my character.Mind you though,it wouldn't be the lovable "Skipper" from Gilligan's Island Alan Hale,it would be from  "Hang Em High" where he was a member of the hanging party.
    Posted by mrmojo1120[/QUOTE]

Interesting take.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: If they Ever Made a Movie.About`Some of The Protagonists : That would work. Actually, I see Jimmy Stewart playing harness, the Jimmy Stewart from the Anthony Mann westerns like Winchester '73 or The Man From Laramie --a mild-mannered guy whose dark side can come out when pushed to the extreme.
    Posted by royf19[/QUOTE]

Two good flix.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: If they Ever Made a Movie.About`Some of The Protagonists : That would work. Actually, I see Jimmy Stewart playing harness, the Jimmy Stewart from the Anthony Mann westerns like Winchester '73 or The Man From Laramie --a mild-mannered guy whose dark side can come out when pushed to the extreme.
    Posted by royf19[/QUOTE]

Interesting how we see each other - and ourselves.
    This kinda describes Tracy in BlackRock.
    Do you recall Stewart/Tracy ever working together?
    I think they made a flic about rubber in Africa.

I posted this on the Arness thread, but I don't know if you saw it.
    One of the Nostalgia cable stations is showing RT.66 (amazing show)
    And THE NAKED CITY. If you have access to it Roy, it's well worth recording/seeing. I know you'd really enjoy it.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaytf25. Show jaytf25's posts

Has anybody mentioned Lloyd Dobler? he would be played by John Cusack of course.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]Has anybody mentioned Lloyd Dobler? he would be played by John Cusack of course.
    Posted by jaytf25[/QUOTE]

See Page 2. How about circa his Midnight In The Garden of Good and Evil role?
    Loved that film. Clint E. directed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

First: 9/23/2005
    Last: 7/11/2011
    I would suggest audrey hepburn to play the part of nhstephanie......and winona ryder to play jersey erica
    Posted by --The--Babe----

Thanks for the original thought; I would prefer Donna Reed myself. The posters here were monumentally dissappointed that you didn't contribute sooner; the effect was tantamount here to acute malaise of the highest order. Thank you for your unselfish contribution, as the collective relief is palpable.

Outstanding!

Would you like a little sauce to compliment the BBQ?

Maybe not BBQ, but at least you made jerk chicken.

:o)

Sorry, not a food show ....

but you cooked him all the same.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

[QUOTE]And to my critics: Bury me up upside down and KMA!
    Posted by billbyboy[/QUOTE]

How about just the first half .....

The line was funny though.  In original form.  :o)

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

I see I've been recast. Probably more fitting.

JMO, but if you're going to include board members in your cast of characters, you should make sure to include all board members, or else it just becomes another popularity thread, even though it's really a one person's opinion thread.

Btw, Babe as Newman is hilarious, and also so fitting.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

In Response to If they Ever Made a Movie.About`Some of The Protagonists:
    [QUOTE]This would be ney impossible when we don’t know what people look like. Here’s the actors :  I’m just guessing (except me) Harness    Liam Neeson / Ian McKellen Kim :   Natalie Portman/ Emma Watson 5katz : Daniel Radcliffe Pike:   Steven Seagal / Leonardo DiCaprio (In a dark role) Burrito:    Zach Galifinakis   PinstripeZac : Kevin James Moon:   Ian Holm Jessey Eric :    Robert Downey Jr Softy:   Christopher Lee / Jack Nicholson Babe:   Rob Schneider / David Spade / Any other goofball Yoshimi: Julia Roberts Nhsteven : Michael Richards SinceYaz :   John Travolta Zillagod : George Carlin Smiley :   Peter Griffin MikeNagy :   Viggo Mortenstern Tom-uk : Michael Caine Joel49 :   Art Carney (serious version) Hammah : Johnny Depp SPC:   Jack Black Summerof67 : Joe Pesci Youkillus20 : Bruce Willis / Tom Cruise Andrewmitch : Robert DeNiro / James Gandolfini Playball : Jimmy Fallon Jete02fan : Elijah Wood Greatestnyy : Roadrunner

You need to get a life.