IF we adopt Adrian's perspective....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

IF we adopt Adrian's perspective....

it might give the weak hearted souls in the Nation a sense of strength to overcome their over riding fears and negative persuasions.

On each of his bats, he has engraved Ps. 27:1

That passage reads ...

Psalm 27

Of David.

1 The LORD is my light and my salvation—
       whom shall I fear?
    The LORD is the stronghold of my life—
       of whom shall I be afraid?

Adrian's outlook is "Whom shall I fear? Of whom shall I be afraid" ...

I know it's an unapologetic trust in God in his life and facing his problems.  That in itself will bother some.

But what if you worry warts, you absolute realists who see things for what they really are, start believing, trusting, and overcoming like Adrian plans to and expects to.

How about a step into the world of strength through trust?  Pointing out the negative is so easy.  How about grasping the positives and the possibilites and seeing the possibilites of great joy ahead?

... you fear being hurt.  How about following Adrian's example and trust in strength???

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Babe-1. Show Babe-1's posts

Re: IF we adopt Adrian's perspective....

In Response to IF we adopt Adrian's perspective....:
    [QUOTE]  it might give the weak hearted souls in the Nation a sense of strength to overcome their over riding fears and negative persuations.   On each of his bats, he has engraved Ps. 27:1   That passage reads ... Psalm 27 Of David.   1 The LORD is my light and my salvation—    whom shall I fear? The LORD is the stronghold of my life—    of whom shall I be afraid?     Adrian's outlook is "Whom shall I fear? Of whom shall I be afraid" ...     I know it's an unapologetic trust in God in his life and facing his problems.  That in itself will bother some.    But what if you worry warts, you absolute realists who see things for what they really are, start believing, trusting, and overcoming like Adrian plans to and expects to.   How about a step into the world of strength through trust?  Pointing out the negative is so easy.  How about grasping the positives and the possibilites and seeing the possibilites of great joy ahead?   ... you fear being hurt.  How about following Adrian's example and trust in strength???

Posted by SinceYaz[/QUOTE]

How about stepping into the world of Bill Parcells?

You are what your record says you are.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

I prefer not to mix religion with sports.

Religion doesn't mix well with too many things in life.

Engraving a message on his bats would be useless if the man didn't work hard at his profession. It would be meaningless without the extra batting practice, the extra fielding practice.

It's nice to have faith in something, as it keeps many people off the streets (on Sunday , at least). But religious beliefs have also led to more dead bodies than I care to count (see; Osama bin Laden).

My advice to people who want to better themselves; work hard at what you want to be. Believe in who you are . Be honest with yourself. Be honest with others. If you see someone that needs help, help if you can.  And above all, try and have some laughs along the way, there may not be time later on. No one wants a life filled with regrets. 

..or you could carve psalm #'s all around and wait for divine intervention. I choose the former. The latter is too much like playing the lottery.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

...apologies to whomever for the second post ... it was a reactive touch of the keyboard while a seizure kicked in.  I don't post twice out of ignorance or vanity.  It was simply a motor activity encapsulated within the seizure. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Ive adopted that in my life already and when I had a ball signed by Gonzo this spring he put the verse on the ball. I think that is who he is and that works for him.. Might not work for some though.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaseballGM. Show BaseballGM's posts

I prefer to mix faith and spirituality with sports. Will the ACLU file a complaint about that?

AGon was picked up for cheap, from a poor GM, at the perfect time. A true superstar who will have a great career with the Red Sox. He also has a great deal of wisdom about life.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

In Response to Re: IF we adopt Adrian's perspective....:
    [QUOTE]I prefer not to mix religion with sports. Religion doesn't mix well with too many things in life. Engraving a message on his bats would be useless if the man didn't work hard at his profession. It would be meaningless without the extra batting practice, the extra fielding practice. It's nice to have faith in something, as it keeps many people off the streets (on Sunday , at least). But religious beliefs have also led to more dead bodies than I care to count (see; Osama bin Laden). My advice to people who want to better themselves; work hard at what you want to be. Believe in who you are . Be honest with yourself. Be honest with others. If you see someone that needs help, help if you can.  And above all, try and have some laughs along the way, there may not be time later on. No one wants a life filled with regrets.  ..or you could carve psalm #'s all around and wait for divine intervention. I choose the former. The latter is too much like playing the lottery.
    Posted by ZILLAGOD[/QUOTE]

I doubt that Adrian was saying sit back and wait on something to happen.

His work ethic and skill set say much more than that.

But he isn't derailed by the eroding voices of fear and negativity that come from so many directions ... even our brother "fans" who choose to be twisted by all the negatives they see.

A man's (person's) outlook on sports is often the same as his outlook on life.  If all he can do is find fault and visit negativity upon "his" team, it is likely that person deals with his life similarly.

It's unfortunate that so many do look upon religion as some form of spiritual lottery.  What even this one verse shows is that it is a relationship of substance and trust.  It is as appropriate for Adrian to use this strength in daily life as it is in his outlook at the plate or in the field.

But even if one erases the faith issue, it is an outlook issue.  Fear and negativity are choices.  Strength and positivity are too.

Adrian is choosing strength and positivity.

And I was hoping that others here might as well.  Especially those who seem to need it.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete2fan. Show jete2fan's posts

Another option for Zillagod was to be silent. The forum does not need any more bickering and cause for srgument. The moderator has it down to one page now. I prefer that we talk about the Red Sox and of course my Yankees.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Boomerangsdotcom. Show Boomerangsdotcom's posts

I don't care if he's Buddhist as long as he hits and fields well. He's a confident player and if that helps him he can feel free to inscribe it on everyone's bats.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaseballGM. Show BaseballGM's posts

People -- what have you done --
    locked Him in His golden cage.
    Made Him bend to your religion --
    Him resurrected from the grave.
    He is the god of nothing --
    if that's all that you can see.
    You are the god of everything --
    He's inside you and me.
    So lean upon Him gently
    and don't call on Him to save you
    from your social graces
    and the sins you used to waive.
    The bloody Church of England --
    in chains of history --
    requests your earthly presence at
    the vicarage for tea.
    And the graven image you-know-who --
    with His plastic crucifix --
    he's got him fixed --
    confuses me as to who and where and why --
    as to how he gets his kicks.
    Confessing to the endless sin --
    the endless whining sounds.
    You'll be praying till next Thursday to
    all the gods that you can count.

IA

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

[QUOTE]Another option for Zillagod was to be silent. The forum does not need any more bickering and cause for srgument. The moderator has it down to one page now. I prefer that we talk about the Red Sox and of course my Yankees.
    Posted by jete2fan[/QUOTE]  i guess i'm your new target, huh Pike?....

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bosoxl94l. Show Bosoxl94l's posts

I see two pages that one can respond to.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

God is a concept by which we measure our pain...
    -John Lennon

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bosoxl94l. Show Bosoxl94l's posts

I always liked your honesty in regards to steroids. It is stamped right on your forehead. You are a good honest man.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerrynewyork. Show jerrynewyork's posts

[QUOTE]  it might give the weak hearted souls in the Nation a sense of strength to overcome their over riding fears and negative persuasions.   On each of his bats, he has engraved Ps. 27:1   That passage reads ... Psalm 27 Of David.   1 The LORD is my light and my salvation—    whom shall I fear? The LORD is the stronghold of my life—    of whom shall I be afraid?     Adrian's outlook is "Whom shall I fear? Of whom shall I be afraid" ...     I know it's an unapologetic trust in God in his life and facing his problems.  That in itself will bother some.    But what if you worry warts, you absolute realists who see things for what they really are, start believing, trusting, and overcoming like Adrian plans to and expects to.   How about a step into the world of strength through trust?  Pointing out the negative is so easy.  How about grasping the positives and the possibilites and seeing the possibilites of great joy ahead?   ... you fear being hurt.  How about following Adrian's example and trust in strength???
    sorry to hear AG is a religious nut job. he joins the goof that plays first base for the yankees who said during the 2009 World Series celebration that God brought him to the yankees.

but what happens if their right ?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

[QUOTE]I prefer not to mix religion with sports. Religion doesn't mix well with too many things in life. Engraving a message on his bats would be useless if the man didn't work hard at his profession. It would be meaningless without the extra batting practice, the extra fielding practice. It's nice to have faith in something, as it keeps many people off the streets (on Sunday , at least). But religious beliefs have also led to more dead bodies than I care to count (see; Osama bin Laden). My advice to people who want to better themselves; work hard at what you want to be. Believe in who you are . Be honest with yourself. Be honest with others. If you see someone that needs help, help if you can.  And above all, try and have some laughs along the way, there may not be time later on. No one wants a life filled with regrets.  ..or you could carve psalm #'s all around and wait for divine intervention. I choose the former. The latter is too much like playinreligiong the lottery.
    Posted by ZILLAGOD[/QUOTE]

Zilla  .... I prefer not to mix religion with sports.

I don't mix religion with sports.  That's like asking the caboose to pull the train.  I mix sports with religion (personal faith and responsibility ethically, intellectually, and socially).

But being a Red Sox fan is almost as ethereal as one's understanding of the spiritual and one's connection to that ....

But I will keep that short, friend.  I can see we could go on and on.  

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from The-Babe-1. Show The-Babe-1's posts

[QUOTE]  it might give the weak hearted souls in the Nation a sense of strength to overcome their over riding fears and negative persuasions.   On each of his bats, he has engraved Ps. 27:1   That passage reads ... Psalm 27 Of David.   1 The LORD is my light and my salvation—    whom shall I fear? The LORD is the stronghold of my life—    of whom shall I be afraid?     Adrian's outlook is "Whom shall I fear? Of whom shall I be afraid" ...     I know it's an unapologetic trust in God in his life and facing his problems.  That in itself will bother some.    But what if you worry warts, you absolute realists who see things for what they really are, start believing, trusting, and overcoming like Adrian plans to and expects to.   How about a step into the world of strength through trust?  Pointing out the negative is so easy.  How about grasping the positives and the possibilites and seeing the possibilites of great joy ahead?   ... you fear being hurt.  How about following Adrian's example and trust in strength???

How about adopting Bill Parcells' perspective?

You are what your record says you are.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to IF we adopt Adrian's perspective.... : sorry to hear AG is a religious nut job. he joins the goof that plays first base for the yankees who said during the 2009 World Series celebration that God brought him to the yankees. but what happens if their right ?
    Posted by jerrynewyork[/QUOTE]

Jerry, 

Giving God credit for good things happening, even those things we may have worked hard at, is never a bad thing.

It sort of falls in the category of good taste.  If one acknowledges one's parents for all the gifts and opportunities they have shared with that child.

We religious nut jobs happily accept the inclusion and guidance God affords us ...    :o)

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from parhunter1. Show parhunter1's posts

People used to mix religion with everything.  And look where it got us...the greatest nation on earth.  Nothing in the proverb that Gonzalez cites suggests sitting back and waiting for God to do the work.  That is a mis-guided interpretation of the message.  Much of what is in the new testament requires believers to challenge their stagnant ways.  And the God of the old testament is sometimes vengeful.  This proverb tries to set the record straight.  If it helps Gonzalez find a balance in his life, great.  If it helps a CEO find balance in his life, that is great, too.  That is religion at its best, IMO.  No nut-jobness about it.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Yaz and Par...Sometimes Im just not that good at articulating my thoughts as well as some. But both of you pretty much said what I was thinking..Thank You...and Yes, there is no nut-jobness about it!! Well said to both of you..

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

:o)  Most welcome Southpaw  ...

It's fairly easy with good material ...  Adrian and Yahweh ... not bad at all ...   {|8oD)

And Par's post is excellent.

I still claim the right to be a nut job, though.  :oD

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from parhunter1. Show parhunter1's posts

Thanks for the support, southpaw, 'cause I know I will be taken to task by others.

I see nothing wrong with leading ones life with a moral center, provided by religion or otherwise.  And I do not care which religion. 

Our society has become one of narcissism and narcissists.  They are the anti-Christ, the un-zen, the "I need no God" people who think they know all and put their beliefs/opinions above all others.  I was not raised that way.  And I think that most, if not all, of society's current problems can be traced back to that "Me first" mentality.

And sadly, there are many who use the name of Christ to be and do just that...

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Roadrunner9234. Show Roadrunner9234's posts

[QUOTE]Thanks for the support, southpaw, 'cause I know I will be taken to task by others. I see nothing wrong with leading ones life with a moral center, provided by religion or otherwise.  And I do not care which religion.  Our society has become one of narcissism and narcissists.  They are the anti-Christ, the un-zen, the "I need no God" people who think they know all and put their beliefs/opinions above all others.  I was not raised that way.  And I think that most, if not all, of society's current problems can be traced back to that "Me first" mentality. And sadly, there are many who use the name of Christ to be and do just that...
    Posted by parhunter1[/QUOTE]

I don't claim to know all, and I don't put my opinions above all others.

But one thing I can say with reasonable certainty is that I don't need a  god.

Thanks for painting with such a broad brush, parhunter.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from summerof67. Show summerof67's posts

"This is the day which the Lord hath made; let us rejoice and be glad in it." Psalm 118:24 (KJV)

You have a good day, too, Yaz, my friend.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from parhunter1. Show parhunter1's posts

Roadrunner, read my post carefully.  If you lead a moral life, and do not put your opinions above all others, then I was not painting you in my picture of narcissists.  As I said:   I see nothing wrong with leading ones life with a moral center, provided by religion or otherwise.

Sections
Shortcuts