IF we adopt Adrian's perspective....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Re: IF we adopt Adrian's perspective....

In Response to Re: IF we adopt Adrian's perspective....:
    [QUOTE]:o)  Most welcome Southpaw  ...    It's fairly easy with good material ...  Adrian and Yahweh ... not bad at all ...   {|8oD)    And Par's post is excellent.    I still claim the right to be a nut job, though.  :oD
    Posted by SinceYaz[/QUOTE]

Yeah Yaz..Ive been called a nutjob more than a couple times..but its all good..Adrian and Yah, good 1-2 punch ..

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

[QUOTE]Thanks for the support, southpaw, 'cause I know I will be taken to task by others. I see nothing wrong with leading ones life with a moral center, provided by religion or otherwise.  And I do not care which religion.  Our society has become one of narcissism and narcissists.  They are the anti-Christ, the un-zen, the "I need no God" people who think they know all and put their beliefs/opinions above all others.  I was not raised that way.  And I think that most, if not all, of society's current problems can be traced back to that "Me first" mentality. And sadly, there are many who use the name of Christ to be and do just that...
    Posted by parhunter1[/QUOTE]

Im with you on that Par. I myself, am not one to push my beliefs on anyone. I dont think that everyone HAS to believe in God, but rather just lead a good moral life the best they can. Your right though, once they started taking God out of everything, everything seems to go the wrong way. But this is just one mans opinion.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Adrian Gonzalez is the reincarnation of cool hand luke.  He is what J.D. Drew wants to be--a fierce competitor who hits and fields like crazy but always looks calm, cool, and collected.  He can't run a lick, but I don't care.  Great acquisition.  And I have no objection to any of his beliefs--they're his. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from StatsFromLouie. Show StatsFromLouie's posts

[QUOTE]People used to mix religion with everything.  And look where it got us...the greatest nation on earth.  Nothing in the proverb that Gonzalez cites suggests sitting back and waiting for God to do the work.  That is a mis-guided interpretation of the message.  Much of what is in the new testament requires believers to challenge their stagnant ways.  And the God of the old testament is sometimes vengeful.  This proverb tries to set the record straight.  If it helps Gonzalez find a balance in his life, great.  If it helps a CEO find balance in his life, that is great, too.  That is religion at its best, IMO.  No nut-jobness about it.
    Posted by parhunter1[/QUOTE]
    Are you one of those crazy people that think the founding fathers founded this nation on Christian values?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

They were politicians Louie...Theyre some of the most crooked people around..They SAY they did, but.........

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

First: 6/14/2009
    Last: 5/10/2011
    People used to mix religion with everything.  And look where it got us...the greatest nation on earth.  Nothing in the proverb that Gonzalez cites suggests sitting back and waiting for God to do the work.  That is a mis-guided interpretation of the message.  Much of what is in the new testament requires believers to challenge their stagnant ways.  And the God of the old testament is sometimes vengeful.  This proverb tries to set the record straight.  If it helps Gonzalez find a balance in his life, great.  If it helps a CEO find balance in his life, that is great, too.  That is religion at its best, IMO.  No nut-jobness about it.
    Posted by parhunter1

Are you one of those crazy people that think the founding fathers founded this nation on Christian values?

Louie,

That term is such a broad one, that we don't have time or space to cover it here.  It's as broad as theists/deists to Catholicism and on to the hundreds of strains of Protestantism.   (If you throw in ancient Ethiopian Copts, Eastern, Greek and Russian Orthodoxies you get an even greater divergence ...)

But some of the founding fathers were actually Christian.  Some played lip service only, fearing the back lash if they presented themselves as they really thought and lived.  Others, like Ben Franklin himself, were anything but Christian.   Brilliant mind, terrific strategist in foreign affairs ... but debaucherist extraordinaire.  

But even those issues are argued strongly from opposing sides.  Who was what.  I was taught in public schools that Washington and Jefferson were deists.  Others take that to task and say they were more closely related to a (protestant) Christian belief of their day.   Jefferson edited the Bible so as to remove all the (scientifically) unproveable passages - the miracles, in other words.  It became the official Bible of the United States for a while.

But some of the founding fathers were just as elitist as the system of peerage and royalty they were breaking away from.  They had no desire to see the average man, especially the one who owned no land and offered no financial promise, to have a voice in the new government.

And that doesn't address slave owners ...........

Shoot ... louie .... I could go on for days and days on this, I really could ....  and give you reference from many many different sides ...  

But through it all, there has always been a group of individuals who read, studied, and observed the marvelous teachings of Jesus Christ and wanted more than anything else to emulate what He taught. 

To those who lived truly in the Light, I give great homage. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

First: 4/2/2011
    They were politicians Louie...Theyre some of the most crooked people around..They SAY they did, but.........
    .....  Ha! 

And then there is that .... G1 Southpaw...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

First: 10/26/2004
    "This is the day which the Lord hath made; let us rejoice and be glad in it." Psalm 118:24 (KJV)

You have a good day, too, Yaz, my friend.

Thank you, Summer!   May it be so unto you as well!!!!

(The day mentioned?  The day of a historical figure's resurrection ...not bad, eh?)

And we have the Red Sox as well ...

Bettah and bettah!   Goodness ...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Thanks Yaz..Im not big on politics and the garbage that comes out of their  collective mouths. I do not vote, but I try to be a "good person" in society and treat others as i would like to be treated.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerrynewyork. Show jerrynewyork's posts

In Response to IF we adopt Adrian's perspective....:
    [QUOTE]  it might give the weak hearted souls in the Nation a sense of strength to overcome their over riding fears and negative persuasions.   On each of his bats, he has engraved Ps. 27:1   That passage reads ... Psalm 27 Of David.   1 The LORD is my light and my salvation—    whom shall I fear? The LORD is the stronghold of my life—    of whom shall I be afraid?     Adrian's outlook is "Whom shall I fear? Of whom shall I be afraid" ...     I know it's an unapologetic trust in God in his life and facing his problems.  That in itself will bother some.    But what if you worry warts, you absolute realists who see things for what they really are, start believing, trusting, and overcoming like Adrian plans to and expects to.   How about a step into the world of strength through trust?  Pointing out the negative is so easy.  How about grasping the positives and the possibilites and seeing the possibilites of great joy ahead?   ... you fear being hurt.  How about following Adrian's example and trust in strength???
    Posted by SinceYaz[/QUOTE]
    i do like the whom shall i be afraid/fear part. i mean it is only baseball. and while i question the whole God thing,i do believe in karma which is sorta the same thing.

so score one for the religious nut job. and for the record some of my best friends are religious nut jobs.

Sections
Shortcuts