IF WE COULD GET A LONG-TERM DEAL, SWAP LOWRIE FOR JOSE REYES?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

IF WE COULD GET A LONG-TERM DEAL, SWAP LOWRIE FOR JOSE REYES?

just sayin. the mets dont have the 15m/y or so to re-sign him. yanks arent interested. they want prospects, we seem to always have a ton of those.  plus lowrie would be a lot cheaper for them and could be a player they could eventually build around. reyes is now back to being the man. he runs, is a chronic distraction out there. you could hit him second in boston. perhaps we could take beltran off their hands as well in exchange for jd drew, prospects and CASH. with ells, craw and reyes we could have the 3 fastest guys in the history of the game. he's also a switch-hitter. the only issue is having non-protocol pedroia in the 3-hole! 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from joshm5691. Show joshm5691's posts

Re: IF WE COULD A LONG-TERM DEAL, WOULD YOU SWAP LOWRIE FOR JOSE REYES?

stupid thread. What does "if we could a long term deal" really mean? I bet you are shocked to still be here today after 6pm.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Agree.  Very dumb thread.  Thanks to the Crawford contract, the Sox can't afford another $15M contract. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

No wonder your threads get the quick axe.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxSoldRed. Show SoxSoldRed's posts

I'd swap Lowrie for a butcher with sharper knife.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

As an aside, who is the better middle infielder from Oregon: 27-year-old Jed Lowrie of the Red Sox or 25-year-old Darwin Barney of the Cubs?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

If the Mets are out of it by July... why not go all out:

Trade:
    Jed Lowrie $.45M ($.15M after July 31st)
    Felix Doubront $.42M ($.14M after July 31st)
    Lars Anderson $.41M ($.14M after July 31st)
    2 mid to low level throw ins.

To the NY Mets

For:
    Carlos Beltran $18.5M ($6.2M after July 31st)
    Jose Reyes  $11M ($3.6M after July 31st)

The Mets save about $9M and have some players for next year and beyond.

(BTW this is a end of the world joke)

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

While I'm impressed with a female's knowledge of baseball, I'm not sure why the avatar poses are necessary in order to have someone listen to their ideas about the team.  With my lack of knowledge in comparison, I should be the one to put up a pose like that in order to be heard. :)

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

She's a hippie freak commie for God's sake!

Don't go there kim.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

She's a hippie freak commie for God's sake!

Don't go there kim.
    -- Moon

---------------------------------------

LOL! 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjgbpd. Show jjgbpd's posts

So anyway... to answer the question.  I'd pull the trigger right now!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxpride34. Show redsoxpride34's posts

i would do it. lowrie is not a ss. he does not have the range or arm strength to play shortstop effectively. he should be playing second. i would take jose reyes over him anyday. heck i would rather have jose iglesias starting for us right now. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

Moon if a sign and trade could be done YES.

If they are not eating any of Beltran or Reyes they would have to take JD. They would probably want Iglesias instead of Lowrie---which would be fine with me.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from drpjn. Show drpjn's posts

Threads such as this are fair game since this forum provides carte blanche opportunities to post pretty much anything.

But this proposal is absurd from many perspectives (contract cost for Reyes, the committment to Iglesias, etc.).

What bright idea comes next?  Pujols?

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

In Response to Re: IF WE COULD A LONG-TERM DEAL, WOULD YOU SWAP LOWRIE FOR JOSE REYES?:
    [QUOTE]Threads such as this are fair game since this forum provides carte blanche opportunities to post pretty much anything. But this proposal is absurd from many perspectives (contract cost for Reyes, the committment to Iglesias, etc.). What bright idea comes next?  Pujols?
    Posted by drpjn[/QUOTE]Iglesias aint walking thru that door any time within the next 3 years. he is FAR from being ready to be an everyday shortstop. i would take reyes and trade jose for a prospect. yes beltran for JD would benefit the mets for because of the cash savings. no brainer for us. we may give another prospect for we are talking a type A versus a Type B free agent. if i'm the sox, would want beltran. after the year like with billy wagner u let him go if he demands more than a 2 year deal. as a switch hitter, no need to keep throwing cameron out there. perhaps you could make a trade of cameron as well at the trade dead line. lowrie's hot. someone would take him and scutaro at the deadline. if it means reyes, i would absolutely consider it. this is not beyond realm of possibility. theo has always liked jose!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

In Response to Re: IF WE COULD A LONG-TERM DEAL, WOULD YOU SWAP LOWRIE FOR JOSE REYES?:
    [QUOTE]No wonder your threads get the quick axe.
    Posted by BurritoT[/QUOTE]yep so dumb, the voting is 50/50. thats y i put the poll there. the fans get to decide if its so dumb. obviously not!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Re: IF WE COULD GET A LONG-TERM DEAL, SWAP LOWRIE FOR JOSE REYES?

Sox payroll is pretty much maxed out. You simply cannot have every player that you want.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

In Response to Re: IF WE COULD GET A LONG-TERM DEAL, SWAP LOWRIE FOR JOSE REYES?:
    [QUOTE]Sox payroll is pretty much maxed out. You simply cannot have every player that you want.
    Posted by dgalehouse[/QUOTE]great point. drew's and cameron's 8M money could cover reyes' money right? in time, we could let ellbury go  and put a more affordable guy in RF because we are loaded with stud outfielders. in that sense, guess it does make sense with not giving v-mart $13M. must cut somewhere. if the big money choice is RF or SS, would prefer we invest it at ss and with switchhitters. i wouldnt give it to beltran for he has serious knee issues and seems very streaky. reyes always brings speed and defense. never really slumps. then with the studs coming u we can make trades to really build up the farm system and be around to replace the youks and pedeys of tomorrow. no neeed to have a bunch 35+ year olds like the yanks! 

dont forget that this is also dice's last year esp if aceves does what he is supposed to do. no way we do another dumb lackey type deal. king felix aint coming to boston. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Moon if a sign and trade could be done YES.

If they are not eating any of Beltran or Reyes they would have to take JD. They would probably want Iglesias instead of Lowrie---which would be fine with me.

1) If the Mets are trading these guys, it will be at the end of July and it's only about 1/3 of their contract year that will be owed. That's about $10M total for Reyes nd Beltran after July 31st.

2) If the Metstrade these to guys, it will be for the best prospects or young players that can help them in 2012 and beyong: not JD Drew.

3) Perhaps we ould unload JD to another team for a prospect or two, but not to the Mets.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Arodswallows. Show Arodswallows's posts

beltran>drew and cameron if healthy
    reyes />lowrie

its all about the money

I didnt find this thread funny or stupid, just another thread, nothing wrong with it

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paulawht63. Show Paulawht63's posts

Why don't use the S.S back up the new players Not sure of his name he only played 1 time But after Lowries screw up anything would be better than

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

In Response to Re: IF WE COULD GET A LONG-TERM DEAL, SWAP LOWRIE FOR JOSE REYES?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: IF WE COULD GET A LONG-TERM DEAL, SWAP LOWRIE FOR JOSE REYES? : great point. drew's and cameron's 8M money could cover reyes' money right? in time, we could let ellbury go  and put a more affordable guy in RF because we are loaded with stud outfielders. in that sense, guess it does make sense with not giving v-mart $13M. must cut somewhere. if the big money choice is RF or SS, would prefer we invest it at ss and with switchhitters. i wouldnt give it to beltran for he has serious knee issues and seems very streaky. reyes always brings speed and defense. never really slumps. then with the studs coming u we can make trades to really build up the farm system and be around to replace the youks and pedeys of tomorrow. no neeed to have a bunch 35+ year olds like the yanks!  dont forget that this is also dice's last year esp if aceves does what he is supposed to do. no way we do another dumb lackey type deal. king felix aint coming to boston. 
    Posted by COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN[/QUOTE]
    I doubt any team is interested in Cameron or Drew. They are highly paid and both are on the down side of their careers, to say the least.  Also, I don't see where we are exactly loaded with stud outfielders. The top prospects are down in A- Ball, a long way from Fenway at present.  Kalish and Reddick have not yet proven themselves. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxSoldRed. Show SoxSoldRed's posts

Lowrie has proven he's not a MLB everyday SS.

Sections
Shortcuts