If we have Ortiz in 2013 do we make the play-offs ????

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

If we have Ortiz in 2013 do we make the play-offs ????

This is the next move, one way or the other the decision will be the very next one the team makes.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

Re: If we have Ortiz in 2013 do we make the play-offs ????

Schmuck you.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

yes.  if we have ortiz in 2013 we make the playoffs.  i would like the Red Sox FO to prove me wrong.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

I was under the impression that a playoff club usually does not get there by having a 'savior'.  A playoff club is made up of a a bunch or really good parts.  I am going to venture to guess that most people advocating for the re-signing of Ortiz, like myself (which makes me a s c h muck I guess), are not doing so under the notion that Ortiz is the 'savior' or the 'answer'.  But, given that there is currently a void of all-star calibre/slugging/high average/experienced hitters on the roster, Papi is a potentially important part in the bunch of good parts required to make the playoffs.  Of course we need pitching, desparately.  And without that the Sox are dead in the water (see 2012).  But, I fall in to the camp that sees Papi as very valuable, and that some (who I do not think are s c h mucks) undervalue what he brings to the table.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from greenwellforpresident. Show greenwellforpresident's posts

In response to EnchiladaT's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Clearly some of you need help. Ortiz with his -30 homers and -100 ribbies won't help the 2013 team get any higher than 4th place. He is not a savior, not the answer. 

We dont need him.

He cannot help.

What is the point of finishing 3rd over 4th? There isn't one !!!!!

Wake up schmucks!

[/QUOTE]

Wow, talk about needing help.  You do know that the redsox are a baseball team right?  There is not one player in baseball who will singlehandedly bring a team from last to first or even last to playoffs.  Are there people on the forum claiming that Ortiz is the savior and he's all they need to make the playoffs?  I didn't think so.  Are you claiming that Ortiz wouldn't help the team at all?  If so, you must be dumber than your post makes you sound.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In response to BaronVonSteingrabber's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Not for nothing, but the pink hat nation really should be the last people determining what a playoff team looks like since they haven't seen one in a while.

[/QUOTE]

That you, babe??

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

In response to SpacemanEephus' comment:
    [QUOTE]

I was under the impression that a playoff club usually does not get there by having a 'savior'.  A playoff club is made up of a a bunch or really good parts.  I am going to venture to guess that most people advocating for the re-signing of Ortiz, like myself (which makes me a s c h muck I guess), are not doing so under the notion that Ortiz is the 'savior' or the 'answer'.  But, given that there is currently a void of all-star calibre/slugging/high average/experienced hitters on the roster, Papi is a potentially important part in the bunch of good parts required to make the playoffs.  Of course we need pitching, desparately.  And without that the Sox are dead in the water (see 2012).  But, I fall in to the camp that sees Papi as very valuable, and that some (who I do not think are s c h mucks) undervalue what he brings to the table.

[/QUOTE]

what does he bring? Tell us about the 35 homers that he HAS NOT smacked since 2007, or the 100 ribbies he has not driven in since 2010. Where was the leadership in 2011 or 2012? U really dont have a clue

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

what does he bring? Tell us about the 35 homers that he HAS NOT smacked since 2007, or the 100 ribbies he has not driven in since 2010. Where was the leadership in 2011 or 2012? U really dont have a clue

[/QUOTE]

So, who do you suggest the Red sox replace him with?

You obviously have someone in mind that CAN hit 30 hrs and drive in 100, right?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

If Papi is healthy to bat in all year along at the same time Ben C. makes alot of good moves, they can make into the playoff.

If they are in a rebuilding mode, then they may just sign Papi to keep the seats filled at Fenway Park.  It is all about $$$$$.

But do I think it would make any difference if Papi is signed or not, no!!!  That was why I rather to get Napoli cuz he would be able to back up as a catcher and 1B.  

Still do I think that Papi will continue to have heel problem.  Boston should take their time whether Papi is 100% or not to play for the next season!!

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

B, he was on pace for or close to those numbers this season, before the injury. He was hitting better than he has for years and against lefties. He's a fan favorite, the face of the franchise and believe he has been a leader. I'm in favor of resigning him, year to year is the way to go, even if it means over paying.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]

On pace?  LOL what an amateur statement. On pace!  lol.   HAHHHAHAHAHAHHAHAA! 

[/QUOTE]

B you asked a question. I posted my opinion. Either skip over it or answer without the nastiness, ok??

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

Whether or not we make the playoffs in 2013 David Ortiz has long since earned the right to retire in a Red Sox uni. Not bringing back Papi would send a terrible message to any players who would potentially be interested in playing for the Red Sox.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

..... ugh

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

[QUOTE]

..... ugh

[/QUOTE]

Still no suggestions for a replacement?

I'm stunned! Really!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

..... ugh

We'll agree to disagree on this one B

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]

On pace!  ROFL. By all means ink him to a 3 year deal for 10 million per, on pace HAHAHHAHAHAHA

Man J-Bay u really are a simpleton

oh and since when does "hahahahha" equate to "nastiness" ???  You must be one of those who demands an apology for mass slaughter.

[/QUOTE]

I said year to year. B. the rest wasn't called for

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

Called for? Has someone outside of an Internet persona been harmed here? Don't be so damn serious

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to ThefourBs' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

..... ugh

[/QUOTE]

Still no suggestions for a replacement?

I'm stunned! Really!

[/QUOTE]

Replacement? Anyone of the fielders can fill the slot.... you keep it up dummy with your brainless zombie posts

[/QUOTE]

Ross? Kalish? SWEENEY? LOL

Stick with what you're good at, mindless insults.

Leave the intellectual heavy lifting to those that can handle it.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from illinoisredsox. Show illinoisredsox's posts

In response to GoUconn13's comment:
    [QUOTE]

If Papi is healthy to bat in all year along at the same time Ben C. makes alot of good moves, they can make into the playoff.

If they are in a rebuilding mode, then they may just sign Papi to keep the seats filled at Fenway Park.  It is all about $$$$$.

But do I think it would make any difference if Papi is signed or not, no!!!  That was why I rather to get Napoli cuz he would be able to back up as a catcher and 1B.  

Still do I think that Papi will continue to have heel problem.  Boston should take their time whether Papi is 100% or not to play for the next season!!

[/QUOTE]

I don't get the love for Napoli.  This year he did a remarkable impression of Saltalamachhia.  He had a great 2011, but 2010 was just slightly better than this year.

Me thinks judgement is clouded because of his uncanny success against Boston.   If he's here, he doesn't get to face Sox pitching.

Sections
Shortcuts