If we have Ortiz in 2013 do we make the play-offs ????

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Re: If we have Ortiz in 2013 do we make the play-offs ????

I don't think hitters matter anymore. According to most experts, it's about the pitching. So who cares if the Sox have 9 banjo hitters in the lineup. It doesn't make a difference.

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In response to Yonkersman's comment:

If you guys are having a fire sale then the Yankees will be first in line. We want Ellsbury and Ortiz.

I think Cherington might feel differently about Papi than some of the posters here. They're already talking to him about a new contract, so I think the Red Sox FO understands the importance of Ortiz to this team. As for Ellsbury, I bet Banuelos and Betances would get that done.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In response to wallyisdead's comment:

Balls were really soaring last night as you predicted bozo.

Do you ever do anything besides insult other posters? The next actual baseball thought I read from you will be the first.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

Here's a novel idea. Put Papi at 1B in 2013. He's not GG caliber but is average on defense and can pick them just as well as most.

Then we can get another DH who can also play 1B (Lance Berkman) or maybe even catch (Mike Napoli?).

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasko2248. Show jasko2248's posts

In response to carnie's comment:

In response to Yonkersman's comment:

If you guys are having a fire sale then the Yankees will be first in line. We want Ellsbury and Ortiz.

I think Cherington might feel differently about Papi than some of the posters here. They're already talking to him about a new contract, so I think the Red Sox FO understands the importance of Ortiz to this team. As for Ellsbury, I bet Banuelos and Betances would get that done.

The Sox and Yanks haven't made a trade in 15 years and there is a reason for that.  Not happening...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In response to jasko2248's comment:

The Sox and Yanks haven't made a trade in 15 years and there is a reason for that.  Not happening...

Just having a little fun with a Yanquis fan...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from vtfanofcs. Show vtfanofcs's posts

In response to EnchiladaT's comment:

Clearly some of you need help. Ortiz with his -30 homers and -100 ribbies won't help the 2013 team get any higher than 4th place. He is not a savior, not the answer. 

We dont need him.

He cannot help.

What is the point of finishing 3rd over 4th? There isn't one !!!!!

Wake up schmucks!

A third place team can make the playoffs.  A fourth place team cannot.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

The OP applies to every single player on the team.  It would even apply to Felix Hernandez if the Sox were to get him.

The OP has snapped.

Has Weaver helped LAA make the playoffs in the past three years?

King Felix,?

Jose Bautista?

Carlos Santana?

David Wright?

Giancarlo Stanton?

McCutcheon?

Kemp?

Tulo?

Kershaw?

Cargo

So by Enchilada's logic, or lack thereof, none of those AS's and/or prospective HOFers, should be retained by their current teams.  And if added them, I assume that we wouldn't make the playoffs either, since none of these players by themselves would push over the top.

Once upon a time, Boston had a rep for knowledgeable fans.  What happened?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasko2248. Show jasko2248's posts

In response to Joebreidey's comment:

The OP applies to every single player on the team.  It would even apply to Felix Hernandez if the Sox were to get him.

The OP has snapped.

Has Weaver helped LAA make the playoffs in the past three years?

King Felix,?

Jose Bautista?

Carlos Santana?

David Wright?

Giancarlo Stanton?

McCutcheon?

Kemp?

Tulo?

Kershaw?

Cargo

So by Enchilada's logic, or lack thereof, none of those AS's and/or prospective HOFers, should be retained by their current teams.  And if added them, I assume that we wouldn't make the playoffs either, since none of these players by themselves would push over the top.

Once upon a time, Boston had a rep for knowledgeable fans.  What happened?

2003-2009 happened, Joe.  6 playoff appearances, 4 Game 7 ALCS appearances and 2 World Series Championships over a 7 year period put some younger fans on an entitlement program and absolutely freaked out most of the older fans, because the one thing they could count on every year was moaning and growning about the hometown team.  All that winning took away their birth right to whine about the Sox.  It does seem many are starting to make up for it though.

By the way, watching the Cardinals do it again right now.  Anyone who thinks the Sox can't put a roster together next year that can compete for a Championship, is either too involved with Fantasy baseball "statistics," or just doesn't understand the game...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

Allen Craig might be available

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

28yr old Allen Craig could help this team with his .307AVG .357OBP .515SLG with 22HR 35 2b and 92 RBI he put up in 2012. He can play IF and OF isnt arb eligible until 2014 and wont be a FA until 2017. The key word being help.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:

28yr old Allen Craig could help this team with his .307AVG .357OBP .515SLG with 22HR 35 2b and 92 RBI he put up in 2012. He can play IF and OF isnt arb eligible until 2014 and wont be a FA until 2017. The key word being help.

He gets hurt a lot, I'd stick him at first-base.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

Without Ortiz in 2013,would the Red Sox make the playoffs?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

if papi hits 30/100, we made the right move resigning him....but that wont happen...so start fresh and get with the new millenium and sign a guy who can field, run, and DH....

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

Clearly some of you need help. Ortiz with his -30 homers and -100 ribbies won't help the 2013 team get any higher than 4th place. He is not a savior, not the answer. 

We dont need him.

He cannot help.

Wake up schmucks!

Not a savior, but certainly a big help.  Please note how much the offense missed him when he went down. 

And not a shmuck...both my parents were married ... and to each other.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from OutofTownPATS Fan. Show OutofTownPATS Fan's posts

We dont need him.

He cannot help.

Wake up schmucks!

better than finishing 5th

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:

He gets hurt a lot, I'd stick him at first-base.

With those numbers, Id have no problem with that as long as he isnt a liability there..

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to georom4's comment:

if papi hits 30/100, we made the right move resigning him....but that wont happen...so start fresh and get with the new millenium and sign a guy who can field, run, and DH....

How do you know for sure that wont happen? He was surely on pace to eclipse those numbers this year. yes, he might get hurt again. Or, he may be healthy and in great shape.  None of us know for sure.

One thing is true though. At his age it would be a risk in which if I did give him a contract for 2yrs, the 2nd would be a vesting option for games played. I know if Papi is healthy and can play 140+ games, he will get, or come extremely close to 30/100

Sections
Shortcuts