If we have Ortiz in 2013 do we make the play-offs ????

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

Re: If we have Ortiz in 2013 do we make the play-offs ????

Ortiz does not have AGon hitting in front of him.... I don't see any power hitter on the horizon for us as of now... without one Ortiz will suffer. 25 homers and 85 ribbies is a far far more realistic total for Ortiz. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

One-or-done territory for David Ortiz, Sox

David Ortiz plans to be part of John Farrell's Red Sox

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

No

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

Ortiz has  had a great career in Boston. If Ortiz wants to continue playing  tell him to go and get the best deal his agent can get and we'll try to do better; or pull a Pap and decline Arb and make your best deal.

I'd say a $20 M contract over 2 years guaranteed whether you can play or not.

If that's not acceptable we are moving on.

Agreed no one player is going to put a team over the top.

The Sox have been given a gift with the Dodger trade---and with the expiring contracts of Dice, Youk, Ortiz and the Arb eligible Ellsbury--I figure they have about $110 M at their disposal.

Use it wisely--three new starters--a big bat and Soriano to close to go with Pedroia, Middlebrooks, Ross, Salty, Iggy and current members of the 40 man roster.

OR go with another configuration. Pitching and defense need to be emphasized. You blow it Ben C, JF and LL and you're all gone next season.

5. This post has been removed.