If WMB continues to struggle, what about Michael Young for rent at third?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from eggplants. Show eggplants's posts

Re: If WMB continues to struggle, what about Michael Young for rent at third?

When he was with the Rangers, he had a no-trade clause to the RS as part of that agreement. If 3B is a pointed problem then look for a guy like Eric Chavez to fill temporarily if available.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Despite his iffy fielding, I still like Middy at 3rd.

Having said that, he needs some serious work with respect to picking up the breaking ball off the plate.  At this point, the kid sees everything as straight down the pike, and swing away he does....

Let's face it.....  I said it all last year, the kid is simply NOT a good fielder.  Most here bashed me for saying so, and contended he is a plus at 3rd.  PLEASE!  Could he be a good 3rd baseman?  Absolutely!!!!  If he's willing to put in the work our former chicken loving turncoat 3rd baseman did!  Glossing over his defensive deficits, as many here are want to do, only prolongs his development.

So.....  What to do right now???

Play the hot hand & bat of Iggy at 3rd!

Drew's bat is streaky, but his glove is sound!  Drew's bat WILL HEAT UP!  I never liked his signing, but he will do for now.

Iggy needs to be out there every day!!!!  He will be a huge defensive upgrade to Middy, and his bat is still hot.  PLAY HIM EVERY DAY!

Sorry Middy, but you need some time to work on BOTH O & D!  Pawtucketville or bust.  Use the time wisely, as you WILL get another shot.  You damn well better be ready!  Don't feel sorry for yourself!  Realize that you were rushed to mlb.  It made sense at the time, but now the whole world is seeing all the warts that were airbrushed.  Time to put in some real work!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to BurritoT-'s comment:

In response to Joebreidey's comment:

[QUOTE]

In response to BurritoT-'s comment:

[QUOTE]

Why  not start Drew at 3rd What is it with you about Iggy playing short-stop? Is he not the better fielder? 

1-Drew is still fielding extremely well.

2-Drew has never played 3B.

3-Iggy has played extremely well at 3B.

4-Why change these that are working pretty well.

[/QUOTE]

U were willing to change things when Drew came off the DL and they shipped Iggy to Pawtucket.

[/QUOTE]

At that point, I considered Drew better.

Sections
Shortcuts