If you and to log-in using Facebook would you still post here?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

If you and to log-in using Facebook would you still post here?

Just thinking... I noted today that Huffington Post now requires you use your Facebook ID to make a comment. I hesitated about six seconds and then said "ok, why not" but then the next thing HP told me was that they would have full access to my friends list among other things.

The Huffington Post will receive the following info: your public profile, friend list, email address, News Feed, birthday, interests, current city, personal description and likes.

Yeah Right! As if.  I am not afraid to show my face but this seems like they want a lot more than that.

Would you post here if these rules were applied to BDC.com?

And if "no" is it because they want to know too much or because you do not want posters like pike peeking into your personal life?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ampoule. Show ampoule's posts

Re: If you and to log-in using Facebook would you still post here?

I think it's terrible, but I wouldn't even care to read the Huffington Post anyway.  But, thanks for the info.

Pike, at one time, tried to check me out.  Googled my name etc. and came up with some company here in Oregon that had nothing to do with me at all.  I had no idea what the association was, but I let him believe it was me, when in reality it was nothing.  I'll bet that when he found this out, it must have pizzed him off.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

I read HP because it is tabloid and it keeps me informed about what the average idiot American is interested in Cool

I wasn't thinking about pike only (though he actually took the time to find my HP account!), just curious if people wanted their real life photos accessible, their hometowns, etc,....

*** if you think I am bad here how do you see me behaving on HP, lol.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ampoule. Show ampoule's posts

Yeah, I suppose I should put my profile on 'private'.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

no.

pike being reason #1.

by happenstance, i have a totally different username here than the one i use for the rest of my online activity which (being a child of the times) is quite large. Now that i've met pike, i am pretty happy that happened. It's not that i have anything to hide (i am pretty open about myself to anyone who asks) but i just find it extremely offputting that some creeper would be googling my handle to find out i played neopets when i was 7 and try to use that in an attempt to prove i am a troll or closet yankee fan.

so while in most circumstances, if i had to link my facebook page to an online application i wouldn't have a problem but this is the exception. again, because of phychos like Piker.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

In response to EnchiladaT's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I read HP because it is tabloid and it keeps me informed about what the average idiot American is interested in Cool

I wasn't thinking about pike only (though he actually took the time to find my HP account!), just curious if people wanted their real life photos accessible, their hometowns, etc,....

*** if you think I am bad here how do you see me behaving on HP, lol.

[/QUOTE]

Enchillada,  I have ths same concerns.  I used to post on Politico, & enjoyed some of the back & forth.  Once the switched to everything going through Facebook, I quit cold turkey.  For me, the back & forth we all have here is  to a large extent a bit of a game.  We often take things way beyond how we would talk in mixed company.  We let our hair down, & get down & dirty kicking around thde debates of the day.  All too often, we all go way too far with whatever debate ws are engaged in, be they Red Sox or a good socio-political debate.

anyway.....   i sure as hell would not want 90% of the hyperbole i engage in to ever end up on Facebook.  I wouldn't want to have to defend any of it, as hyperbole, irony, & most out of context comments do not translate well in print.

i would likely quit posting here altogether.

I'm actually shocked that there aren't more folks fired for the stuff they "share" on Facebook.  I'd be out.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

I agree with all the above posts... and thanks to the lack of thread editing functions I can see my headline is written incorrectly.

Re: If you and  had to log-in using Facebook would you still post here?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

I wouldn't - and mostly because of Pike. 

However, I think sites like HuffPo have been forced into this because their article comment threads are cesspools of hate. 

This site has some element of moderation, of sorts, and a pace of posts that allows anything that crosses into that to be addressed in some way. 

Not saying things are perfect around here along those lines, but this site doesn't have the basic issues with civility sites like HuffPo do.

p.s. that said, I'm still amazed by the wacky stuff people will sign their Facebook name to, it improved the civility but not as much as I would have thought.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I wouldn't - and mostly because of Pike. 

However, I think sites like HuffPo have been forced into this because their article comment threads are cesspools of hate. 

This site has some element of moderation, of sorts, and a pace of posts that allows anything that crosses into that to be addressed in some way. 

Not saying things are perfect around here along those lines, but this site doesn't have the basic issues with civility sites like HuffPo do.

[/QUOTE]

Amen to that.  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

Since I don't have a FB page, that is pretty much a no.  My kids don't even Facebook anymore.  I peeked over my kid's shoulder once, and they don't even know half the kids that they are friends with.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

In response to mef429's comment:
    [QUOTE]

no.

pike being reason #1.

by happenstance, i have a totally different username here than the one i use for the rest of my online activity which (being a child of the times) is quite large. Now that i've met pike, i am pretty happy that happened. It's not that i have anything to hide (i am pretty open about myself to anyone who asks) but i just find it extremely offputting that some creeper would be googling my handle to find out i played neopets when i was 7 and try to use that in an attempt to prove i am a troll or closet yankee fan.

so while in most circumstances, if i had to link my facebook page to an online application i wouldn't have a problem but this is the exception. again, because of phychos like Piker.

[/QUOTE] AHA!!!!!...i knew it!!! Tongue OutWink 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

In response to jete02fan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

no.

pike being reason #1.

[/QUOTE] seriously though, i agree...some of us have actually undergone and survived a potential "pike-ing" ...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

no.

pike being reason #1.

[/QUOTE] seriously though, i agree...some of us have actually undergone and survived a potential "pike-ing" ...

[/QUOTE]

been there done that. which is why i am happy this is a completely different handle. it has virtually no digital footprint. piker tried to blow up my spot but didn't come up with anything accurate. still didn't stop him from posting pictures of "me" for the entire board to see. a hillbilly with "thug lyfe" tattooed on his knuckles or something stupid like that. it wasn't his best work. not even close.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

I wouldn't.....privacy is getting to be a forgotten thing these days......

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

fake facebook accounts will increase ten fold

Sections
Shortcuts