If you can sign only one FA this winter, who do you want ti sign?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

If you can sign only one FA this winter, who do you want ti sign?

Let suppose Sox keep all the players under contract this winter and decides to sign another hugh name in FA market.  Who do you want to see Sox signing this winter?  (don't think about the money, payroll etc..) only considering players we have right now, which player is the best fit in Sox uniform??? and his position?

your thoughts?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

Re: If you can sign only one FA this winter, who do you want ti sign?

In Response to If you can sign only one FA this winter, who do you want ti sign?:
    [QUOTE]Let suppose Sox keep all the players under contract this winter and decides to sign another hugh name in FA market.  Who do you want to see Sox signing this winter?  (don't think about the money, payroll etc..) only considering players we have right now, which player is the best fit in Sox uniform??? and his position? your thoughts?
    Posted by seannybboi[/QUOTE]

The cheaper bat between Cuddyer and Beltran for RF, or Reyes who we probably can't touch.  Because of Lackey and CC, any solid starter may need to come through trade.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

The list is thin. I would say that Reyes, CJ Wilson, and Y. Molina would be at the top of my list, although the first two are probably cost prohibitive.
    I think we could get Molina for 8M/yr and trade Salty.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In Response to Re: If you can sign only one FA this winter, who do you want ti sign?:
    [QUOTE]The list is thin. I would say that Reyes, CJ Wilson, and Y. Molina would be at the top of my list, although the first two are probably cost prohibitive. I think we could get Molina for 8M/yr and trade Salty.
    Posted by Alibiike[/QUOTE]

Molina has a 7mil option and I forgot about Wilson who I agree might be a good addition.  CJ tailed off a bit as of late but is a good pitcher.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-Bay-Fan. Show J-Bay-Fan's posts

... Why not leverage the value of Kevin Youkilis to get a good starting pitcher? . the young talent Will Middlebrooks is ready to play in the big leagues.(Later I will explain why) Jose Iglesias also. It is true that Jose needs to develop more batting but with the rest of the offense the Red Sox, can be given the opportunity to both (Middlebrooks and Iglesias). ..

- True. On the infield you will have  Adrian Gonzalez (1B), Dustin Pedroia (2B), Jose Iglesias (SS) and Will Middlebrooks (3B).. Something weird looking left side of the infield. But we will have the best rotation in the major leagues... Remebering we have Carl Crawford (LF),  Jacoby Ellsbury (CF) and Josh Reddick (RF) in the outfield .. Ofensive players 

3B Kevin Youkilis (33 next season) can be traded for pitchers who are free agents after the 2012 season.  And will be available in July.
    Some options may be:

Cole Hamels (29) 

The Phillies have Placido Polanco in his last contract year, with 37 years-old. And Kevin Youkilis with a prospects and a minor leaguer in exchange for Cole Hamels can be a tentative offer for the Phillies. Kevin Youkilis can replace Placido Polanco at third base and the injury of Ryan Howard for the rest of next season, Youkilis can play first. 

Haren (32) 

The Angels third baseman is Maicer Izturis (free agent after the season 2012).For the Angels would like to change a power player. Kevin Youkilis would be a good option for them. Dan Haren is also good option for Boston 

Zack Greinke (28) 

The Milwaukee Brewers have Jerry Hairston Jr. at third. Not as good as Youkilis, but with this trade, the Brewers could use Kevin Youkilis at first base to replace Prince Fielder (free agent after the World Series, 2011). And having money available to sign for Jose ReyesKevin Youkilis with a good prospect is good deal 

Matt Cain (28) 

The Giants have Pablo Sandoval who can play third or first base. If Pablo plays first, there will be no third base. If Paul plays third, there will be no first baseman.Youkilis has more skill to play Sandoval first. And this would be perfect. Should take a day off to one of the two, the other will be available to play the vacancy left 

Any pitcher of these give the Red Sox one of the best rotations in all major leagues. Just thinking: 
    -Lester -Beckett - [Hamels - Haren - Greinke - Cain] -Buchholz and Lackey 
    Dice-K And Anderson available to trade  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Boomerangsdotcom. Show Boomerangsdotcom's posts

Beurhle. He's consistently put up good numbers and should do well in our situation.

I could probably find a slot for Pujols or Fielder also, if given the challenge!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In Response to Re: If you can sign only one FA this winter, who do you want ti sign?:
    [QUOTE]Beurhle. He's consistently put up good numbers and should do well in our situation. I could probably find a slot for Pujols or Fielder also, if given the challenge!
    Posted by Boomerangsdotcom[/QUOTE]

Beurhle, has definitely been an inning eater Boomer.  My concern is hes pitched 12 years in a row with over 200 innings.  It also amazes me how many hits the guy gives up per IP, yet somehow finds a way to get out of trouble in most cases.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from tbrod. Show tbrod's posts

Beurhle is a real pro, who could be a workhorse for this team.
    No FA RF, make a trade for someone younger than 33 yr. old Cuddyer.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

Yu Darvish.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxPatsCelts1988. Show SoxPatsCelts1988's posts

I almost wouldnt mind rolling the dice on a few bargain pitchers and then pick up a rf platoon bat. No reason to overspend because this class is pretty weak overall.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3992292. Show user_3992292's posts

Only just one, simple, either Prince Fielder or Albert Pujols!!!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from scoobydew. Show scoobydew's posts

[QUOTE]Only just one, simple, either Prince Fielder or Albert Pujols!!!!
    Posted by 4079efa6860279c229d23166fa17dfda[/QUOTE]

What position is Fielder or Pujols going to play?  AGON isn't moving off first.  Neither of those guys will DH.  Maybe the answer is rebuild from the farm system and trade off parts for young players with the best years ahead of them.  Ask the Rays how that has been working for them.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1958lesspaul. Show 1958lesspaul's posts

Former Reds Catcher Hernandez. And two veteran pitchers with at least 180 total IP and  ERA's under 4.75 in AL and under 4 in the NL over the last 2 seasons. 2 pitchers to one year 2M max contracts with max allowable incentives, and Hernandez to a one year 3 or 4M player opt out year 2 team buyout 3M

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Paplbon

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Yadier Molina just might be the ugliest guy in MLB (running neck and neck with Shelly Duncan), and I don't like him because he plays for the Cardinals who I hate. BUT, he's a dirt dog, and I might change my opinion real fast if he was in a Sox uniform. Base runners simply do not steal on him, it's just that simple, and he is a solid right handed bat who hits well in the clutch. STL might be vulnerable if they sign Pujols. Some of the supporting cast might get away. I say pick 'em clean. CJ Wilson would be another person of interest.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from fourrings. Show fourrings's posts

Pujols, DH

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-Bay-Fan. Show J-Bay-Fan's posts

Pujols or Fielder or CJ WILSON (SP)

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: If you can sign only one FA this winter, who do you want ti sign? : What position is Fielder or Pujols going to play?  AGON isn't moving off first.  Neither of those guys will DH.  Maybe the answer is rebuild from the farm system and trade off parts for young players with the best years ahead of them.  Ask the Rays how that has been working for them.
    Posted by scoobydew[/QUOTE]

Oh don't even bother asking Rays.  It's simple.. Play worst baseball for about a decade, then you will get bunch of #1 draft picks, trade away arb eilligibles and get supplemental picks, trade away type B free agents and get first round draft picks... all those early drafr picks will be league's top prospects.  You can even trade few of them to get major league ready players since you have about 20.. After about 7-8 yrs being the worst team in the league, you will be the playoff team all of a sudden.. easy right??

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from OnDeckCircle. Show OnDeckCircle's posts

Ryan Madson although the Phillies will do everything to sign him.     If Papelbon leaves for free agency as he's said he will, Madson would be the Sox closer.

Sections
Shortcuts