If you consider Damon like Judas...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from WE5NUTS. Show WE5NUTS's posts

If you consider Damon like Judas...

Then Damon telling Papi to sign with New York is like Judas telling Peter "You can make lots of silver by betraying Jesus." I mean, honestly, even if Papi did listen to Damon,the Yankees have no spot for Papi, so all Damon did was make Boston angry. (Note: I am just using the context of a book I read. I did not come up with the Damon=Judas idea, so please do not think of that as my idea.)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxfan1967. Show soxfan1967's posts

Re: If you consider Damon like Judas...

Damon like all big leadure free-agents simple follows to the money.   If he was so in love with the Yankess he would have signed for any amount of money....

Thanks for the memories Johnny Damon but we've moved on from the idiot mystique.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

Do you think the Yankees are willing to give Papi a 3 years contract at the same time A-Rod or Jeter may not be able to play defense within 3 years from now??

Let Damon mouth off cuz he is still probably upset at Theo for failing to give him a big fat contract.  Damon had a choice either to accept three years contract with Boston or four years contract with the Yankees.  He took the Yankees's offer.  Result, he didnt play much in the CF cuz he was the DH for most of the times.  And he only won one world series ring compare to Boston winning one world series title without him. So what is his point.  Yankees no longer interested him after his four years contract expired!!!

So therefore, he should be mad at the Yankees too!!!!  Meaning, Damon should tell Papi to sign with the Rays!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

DOES ANYONE REALLY CARE ?????

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrh1194. Show jrh1194's posts

Damon should mind his own business. Why tell Papi to sign with the Yankees when they wouldn't have any interest in him anyway. Great advice Damon.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from summerof67. Show summerof67's posts

Just couldn't resist a little gratuitous dig.

I am so ashamed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from aquachuck. Show aquachuck's posts

In Response to Re: If you consider Damon like Judas...:
    [QUOTE]  DOES ANYONE REALLY CARE ?????
    Posted by Bill-806[/QUOTE]

you cared enough to post on this thread

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ArtWikle. Show ArtWikle's posts

If I was a teammate of Damon's with the Rays I would certainly take offense at him. but of course he left the Red Sox when he could have stayed. I was hoping he would get his 3000 hits but I am hoping for 30,000 outs.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

He was just a 4 year rental so no.  Now if he were a home grown long timer then yes.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxmeister. Show soxmeister's posts

Damon still doesn't understand that going to the Yankees after all that the Sox went through to break the curse was just an asinine thing to do.  Like pissing on that 2004 season, and all the BS we Sox fans have taken since most of us were born.

So screw Damon.  He is an idiot, but not the cute kind.  Players DO have loyalty and reward their teams, just not scumbuckets like JD. 

He makes me ill. 

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

I didn't mind him going to the EE.  I thought it was a bit sad that he was willing to cut his hair and beard.  When he was with us, it was like a statement, but once he cut it for money, it seemed more like a publicity stunt.  And the constant statements about how green the grass was a YS seemed like he desperate to be accepted.  Now he just sounds bitter.

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

I don't think there are many people that I like less than Damon. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

Damon was loved in Boston. He decided to throw it all away for more money knowing how many fans he was going to disappoint. I think it's poetic justice that his career turned out the way it has. He was never going to be a star on that team, and was too dumb to realize it. Had he stayed in Boston, he would have remained a star, and fan favorite. Now, IMO, he's simply fallen off the radar.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: If you consider Damon like Judas... : '' I’m happy I got to experience both sides (of the Yankees-Red Sox rivalry). Both sides were very incredible for me.'' bitter  JB ? who sounds more bitter him or most of RSN
    Posted by pinstripezac[/QUOTE]

You sound more bitter. Get a life, and stop coming to a Sox board to insult Sox fans.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from pri360. Show pri360's posts

[QUOTE]Damon was loved in Boston. He decided to throw it all away for more money knowing how many fans he was going to disappoint. I think it's poetic justice that his career turned out the way it has. He was never going to be a star on that team, and was too dumb to realize it. Had he stayed in Boston, he would have remained a star, and fan favorite. Now, IMO, he's simply fallen off the radar.
    Posted by kimsaysthis[/QUOTE

Damon's Hall of Fame credentials get stronger with each passing month that he plays. Not one member of the current Sox current roster; or even the 2007 championship roster (sans Schilling) can make that claim. (please don't mention Pedroia or Gonzales; way too early for that).

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

[QUOTE]Damon still doesn't understand that going to the Yankees after all that the Sox went through to break the curse was just an asinine thing to do.  Like pissing on that 2004 season, and all the BS we Sox fans have taken since most of us were born. So screw Damon.  He is an idiot, but not the cute kind.  Players DO have loyalty and reward their teams, just not scumbuckets like JD.  He makes me ill. 
    Posted by soxmeister[/QUOTE]hey!!...leave Drew out of this...Tongue out...j/k meister'...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]Damon should mind his own business. Why tell Papi to sign with the Yankees when they wouldn't have any interest in him anyway. Great advice Damon.
    Posted by jrh1194[/QUOTE]

Agreed !  I was thinking the same thing when I read the article about it. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from bbenton87. Show bbenton87's posts

[QUOTE]  Just couldn't resist a little gratuitous dig.   I am so ashamed.
    Posted by summerof67[/QUOTE]

LOL

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from fourrings. Show fourrings's posts

i for one am more than tired of hearing from Johnny Damon, he is the most arrogant sounding person, i cant take it anymore ....to the press stop asking him about the redsox

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from pri360. Show pri360's posts

[QUOTE]i for one am more than tired of hearing from Johnny Damon, he is the most arrogant sounding person, i cant take it anymore ....to the press stop asking him about the redsox
    Posted by fourrings[/QUOTE]the statement had a lot more to do with the Yankees than the Red Sox.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: If you consider Damon like Judas... : [QUOTE]Damon was loved in Boston. He decided to throw it all away for more money knowing how many fans he was going to disappoint. I think it's poetic justice that his career turned out the way it has. He was never going to be a star on that team, and was too dumb to realize it. Had he stayed in Boston, he would have remained a star, and fan favorite. Now, IMO, he's simply fallen off the radar. Posted by kimsaysthis[/QUOTE Damon's Hall of Fame credentials get stronger with each passing month that he plays. Not one member of the current Sox current roster; or even the 2007 championship roster (sans Schilling) can make that claim. (please don't mention Pedroia or Gonzales; way too early for that).
    Posted by pri360[/QUOTE]

So, an unidentified Yankee fan thinks Damon is headed for the Hall of Fame. Maybe the Yankees should take him back then. That should seal the deal.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: If you consider Damon like Judas... : LOL
    Posted by bbenton87[/QUOTE]

+1 Hilarious