If you consider Damon like Judas...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

Re: If you consider Damon like Judas...

In Response to Re: If you consider Damon like Judas...:
    [QUOTE]i for one am more than tired of hearing from Johnny Damon, he is the most arrogant sounding person, i cant take it anymore ....to the press stop asking him about the redsox
    Posted by fourrings[/QUOTE]

My dad is a Yankee fan, and when Damon was on the Yankees he used the call him "the spokesman". lol

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

your dad is a Yankee fan? How do you deal with that seeing as where you attack Yankee fans here at all times? Did you tell your dad he was not allowed to post here?

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE]your dad is a Yankee fan? How do you deal with that seeing as where you attack Yankee fans here at all times? Did you tell your dad he was not allowed to post here?
    Posted by BurritoT[/QUOTE]

That's not true. I don't appreciate abusive Yankee fans. If Yankee fans come here to talk about baseball and not tell posters what they can and can't say here about the Yankees, and don't have the mentality of a five-year-old putting up abusive pics of fans, I have no problem with them. Your post just says that you lump all posters together in a certain group. I don't. There is no group of "Yankee fans" to me. There are individual posters.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE]LOL BurritoT
    Posted by pinstripezac[/QUOTE]

Do you just watch this board all day and night waiting to pounce on something?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

I am concerned about your loyalties kimsaysthis.  Are they divided?  Are you willing to take sides if it comes down to it? We need to know if you are one of us 100%.  Laughing

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE]I am concerned about your loyalties kimsaysthis .  Are they divided?  Are you willing to take sides if it comes down to it? We need to know if you are one of us 100%.  
    Posted by BurritoT[/QUOTE]

You're right, I've never been really clear about that.Laughing

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pri360. Show pri360's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: If you consider Damon like Judas... : So, an unidentified Yankee fan thinks Damon is headed for the Hall of Fame. Maybe the Yankees should take him back then. That should seal the deal.
    Posted by kimsaysthis[/QUOTE] In my opinion, which is not worth any more or less than anyone else's, Damon can still play. Damon wouldn't get many at bats with the Yanks because of the logjam at DH and he wants to be an everyday player. But I think he could still be very productive for the Yankees. Sigining Nick Johnson for 2010, instead of him, was obviously in hindsight ... a big mistake. Let's not forget; the Sox wanted him back mid season in 2010 when they were still nominally in the pennnant race ...... and he chose to stay with Detroit who was well out of contention by then. Apparently, he's not as hated by the front office as much as he is on this board. The front office didn't take it personally (damon's 2005 free-agency); why do you?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxmeister. Show soxmeister's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: If you consider Damon like Judas... : sounds a tad harsh for someone who also said  ”As a baseball fan, I would love to see him stay in Boston,” Damon said http://tracking.si.com/2011/12/03/robinson-cano-johnny-damon-urge-david-ortiz-to-sign-with-yankees/?sct=mlb_t2_a10 David Ortiz has not decided yet if he will accept the Boston Red Sox’s offer for arbitration, so one former New York Yankee and a current one are urging the Boston slugger to make a move to the Bronx while playing in his charity golf tournament in the Dominican Republic. “Shoot, I was trying to tell him if he went to New York his 30 home runs turns into 40,” Damon told the Boston Globe Saturday . “He still has a great chance to win. I’m happy I got to experience both sides (of the Yankees-Red Sox rivalry). Both sides were very incredible for me. ”As a baseball fan, I would love to see him stay in Boston,” Damon said. “But being a part of it, I know there may be some opportunities and less drama elsewhere.” Yankees’ second baseman Robinso Cano told the New York Daily News that it would be a good idea on Ortiz’s part to join him in New York. “It would be a good idea, having another lefty on the team,” Cano said. “We all know he’s a great hitter. Last year, a lot of people were saying, ‘He’s done.’ He proved a lot of people wrong. I like people, when they’re down, they prove people wrong. He came back, did a great job.” Ortiz, 36, finished 2011 with 29 home runs and 96 RBI, while hitting .309/.398/.544.
    Posted by pinstripezac[/QUOTE]

You don't get it either, Zak.  That is because you are a Yankee fan commenting on how Sox fans feel.    

Damon is hoping some other member of the 2004 Sox team goes to the Yankees so he doesn't look like such a tool himself.  Too late for that.  If he thinks the Yankee championship he won was equal to the Sox 2004 curse breaking win, which is what he insinuates, then Damon is a bigger idiot than he sounds when he talks.  

Neither of you get it.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Damon just said that in one way he wished he could have played in KC all his career. Well Johnny you could have if you wanted to play for much less money. You had a choice.

Who in the hell cares what this guy says?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

He is a boras guy who goes with the money to whatever team is paying him. What bothered me about him was that he when he had the chance to come back in 2010 he turned it down which I thought was in poor taste on his part. Red Sox Nation would have welcomed him back but he was afraid top offend Cashman at the end of that year in case there was any hope of him going back to the Yankees.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]He is a boras guy who goes with the money to whatever team is paying him. What bothered me about him was that he when he had the chance to come back in 2010 he turned it down which I thought was in poor taste on his part. Red Sox Nation would have welcomed him back but he was afraid top offend Cashman at the end of that year in case there was any hope of him going back to the Yankees.
    Posted by AL34[/QUOTE]

I think it was more just the fear of having to grow his hair back out now that he is older and his hairline is receding.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

I will always have  good memories of everyone on the 2004 team. Baseball , as we all know , is a business. You can't fault any player for taking the best offer. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mjnmjn. Show mjnmjn's posts

At present, Damon has been a "member" of 6 teams (KC, OAK, BOS, NY, DET, and TB) in his 16 year career. Most of his movement has been of his own choosing (he probably would have stayed in NY if they had ovepaid him). Since his rookie year he has been the baseball equivilent of a mercenary. He would sign next year with the Toledo Mud Hens if they had the cash to pay him. Loyalty and Damon should not be mentioned in the same sentence. Granted, baseball is a business and players are subject to the whims of the management of the teams for which they play, but some (like Schilling) would not go to the Yankees after the Sox no matter what. Is that better? I happen to think so. If you are in favor of a player getting what he can, when he can, then Damon is your man. If you think that weraing a certain uniform means something, then Damon can continue to get booed when he comes to Fenway.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from pri360. Show pri360's posts

[QUOTE]At present, Damon has been a "member" of 6 teams (KC, OAK, BOS, NY, DET, and TB) in his 16 year career. Most of his movement has been of his own choosing (he probably would have stayed in NY if they had ovepaid him). Since his rookie year he has been the baseball equivilent of a mercenary. He would sign next year with the Toledo Mud Hens if they had the cash to pay him. Loyalty and Damon should not be mentioned in the same sentence. Granted, baseball is a business and players are subject to the whims of the management of the teams for which they play, but some (like Schilling) would not go to the Yankees after the Sox no matter what. Is that better? I happen to think so. If you are in favor of a player getting what he can, when he can, then Damon is your man. If you think that weraing a certain uniform means something, then Damon can continue to get booed when he comes to Fenway.
    Posted by mjnmjn[/QUOTE]
     For the life of me; I don't understand all the vitriol. Damon didn't give the Sox a home town discount; so he simply went where he was going to get paid more and still have a chance to win. He said he wouldn't go to the Yankees, and then he did. That happens all the time (Jordan retired, then he didn't, Brett Favre; Mohammed Ali; the list goes on and on). More players are like Damon than they are like Cal Ripken, Tony Gwynn, George Brett or Derek Jeter. For the record; Curt Schilling played for 5 teams over the course of his career. Also for the record; Damon was traded by Kansas City to Oakland; it wasn't his choice. Once he was granted free agency ... for 8 years he played for only 2 teams. After that; just like a lot of 36+ year old players (Guerrero, Matsui and Thome all come to mind); he's not been able to get a long term contract -- so he has to settle for one year deals. I think he would have liked to stay with the Yankees; but it may not have been his call. He is not a journeyman and he didn't owe the Sox anything by going back in 2010. Maybe if the fans didn't boo him mercilessly for his four years in a Yankee uniform; he might have had an open mind about it. I guess only he knows that. With possible exception of Detroit; I think he made every team he ever played on demonstrably better.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

Damon was a mercenary -- always was. So I don't know why some of your are so upset with him. He came to the Sox because the Sox offered him the most money. Did Sox fans back in 2001 think he was a traitor when he left the A's for the Sox because of money? The Royals traded him to the A's because they knew they couldn't re-sign him. So was he a traitor to the Royals?

Damon is a mercenary. He was who we thought he was. He played great for the Sox, but once the Sox didn't offer him the contract, did anyone really think he wasn't going to end up with the team that offered him the most money? If you did, grow up.

The only thing I expected from Damon was to produce when he was here, and he did just that. After the Red Sox didn't want him, how freakin' stupid was it to expect him not to sign with a team, regardless of who it was, that offered the most money? 

The Sox didn't re-sign him because they needed a long-term CF. After one year, Damon no longer was a CF. So I don't know why Sox fans are so upset. Damon was never a better option from 2005 to 2009 than Manny, Bay or Ortiz at LF or DH, and the Sox won a W.S. w/o him. So geez, get over all this traitor stuff.

As for the Ortiz situation, his point was that Ortiz could put up great numbers with the short RF porch at Yankee Stadium. That was his major point, more than Ortiz should simply leave the Sox for the Yankees. I think if you asked Damon about any LH hitter, you'd get the same response because his point was that a LH power hitter can put up big numbers at Yankees Stadium.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from caseycsw. Show caseycsw's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: If you consider Damon like Judas... :  For the life of me; I don't understand all the vitriol. Damon didn't give the Sox a home town discount; so he simply went where he was going to get paid more and still have a chance to win. He said he wouldn't go to the Yankees, and then he did. That happens all the time (Jordan retired, then he didn't, Brett Favre; Mohammed Ali; the list goes on and on). More players are like Damon than they are like Cal Ripken, Tony Gwynn, George Brett or Derek Jeter. For the record; Curt Schilling played for 5 teams over the course of his career. Also for the record; Damon was traded by Kansas City to Oakland; it wasn't his choice. Once he was granted free agency ... for 8 years he played for only 2 teams . After that; just like a lot of 36+ year old players (Guerrero, Matsui and Thome all come to mind); he's not been able to get a long term contract -- so he has to settle for one year deals. I think he would have liked to stay with the Yankees; but it may not have been his call. He is not a journeyman and he didn't owe the Sox anything by going back in 2010. Maybe if the fans didn't boo him mercilessly for his four years in a Yankee uniform; he might have had an open mind about it. I guess only he knows that. With possible exception of Detroit; I think he made every team he ever played on demonstrably better.
    Posted by pri360[/QUOTE]

Well said, pri360. Ditto, ditto, ditto....

“Pray for the dead, and fight like hell for the living.”

-          “Mother” Mary Harris Jones (union and community organizer, born 1837 (Ireland) – 1930 (U.S.))

“You see, until a few weeks ago, it seemed as if Wall Street had effectively bribed and bullied our political system into forgetting about that whole drawing lavish paychecks while destroying the world economy thing. Then, all of a sudden, some people insisted on bringing the subject up again. And their (Occupy Wall Street) outrage has found resonance with millions of Americans. No wonder Wall Street is whining.”

-          Paul Krugman, Princeton economist, N.Y. Times column, 10/16/11

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: If you consider Damon like Judas... : In my opinion, which is not worth any more or less than anyone else's, Damon can still play. Damon wouldn't get many at bats with the Yanks because of the logjam at DH and he wants to be an everyday player. But I think he could still be very productive for the Yankees. Sigining Nick Johnson for 2010, instead of him, was obviously in hindsight ... a big mistake. Let's not forget; the Sox wanted him back mid season in 2010 when they were still nominally in the pennnant race ...... and he chose to stay with Detroit who was well out of contention by then. Apparently, he's not as hated by the front office as much as he is on this board. The front office didn't take it personally (damon's 2005 free-agency); why do you?
    Posted by pri360[/QUOTE]

Your opinon is not any less than anyone else's, however, your heart is in a different place, and whether you like it or not, it slants your opinion. That's why I think Yankee fans should identify themselves and not just try to blend their comments in with Sox fans appearing to be a Sox fan. FTR that's always been my opinion.

Johnny Damon was my favorite player on the Sox, so yeah, I took it personally when he said he would never go to the Yankees and then went there. As I recall, he didn't even give the Sox a chance to top their offer, he just went. A fan favorite who goes to play for their biggest rival is annoying, and that's something most people would get. It never happened to you, nor will it ever happen, so you really can't judge another team's fans. And you using posters opinions to make a point just emphasizes the need for posters to identify themselves.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaytf25. Show jaytf25's posts

The Red Sox signed JD Boo for 4 million less then Damon would have cost. I think the Sox should have matched the Yanks offer, but we got Crisp and Ellsbury who filled in fine.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from pri360. Show pri360's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: If you consider Damon like Judas... : Your opinon is not any less than anyone else's, however, your heart is in a different place, and whether you like it or not, it slants your opinion. That's why I think Yankee fans should identify themselves and not just try to blend their comments in with Sox fans appearing to be a Sox fan. FTR that's always been my opinion. Johnny Damon was my favorite player on the Sox, so yeah, I took it personally when he said he would never go to the Yankees and then went there. As I recall, he didn't even give the Sox a chance to top their offer, he just went. A fan favorite who goes to play for their biggest rival is annoying, and that's something most people would get. It never happened to you, nor will it ever happen, so you really can't judge another team's fans. And you using posters opinions to make a point just emphasizes the need for posters to identify themselves.
    Posted by kimsaysthis[/QUOTE]
    If a post has merit; it has merit regardless of what town I live in or what team I root for. If it doesn't; my being a Sox fan doesn't make my post more praisewothy. I take the time to check a fact before I post; and welcome dissenting opinions. I read many threads; but only post occasionally. The practice of using a preceeding post in order to expand on; or offer a different take on someone else's opinion seems to be the frame work on which the forum is based. As I do read alot of posts; I've become familiar with your screen name and your posts. While not based in fact; my opinion is.... that at least one third of your posts go towards either chiding other posters for not disclosing their team preference  or assailing them for their decorum on the board. The other two thirds are rather superficial comments about what is apparently your home team. You rarely cite a statistic to back up a post and are quick to protect the sanctity of this forum based on your vision on what the board should be. So because I don't plan to play a foil to your screen persona; I'm going to suggest, that if you think I've done something wrong, take it to the moderators; but short of that; save your proselytizing for someone who hasn't spent the time to review your body of work. In turn, I will never post a follow up response to one of your posts, regardless of how misguided I occasionally find them to be.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: If you consider Damon like Judas... : If a post has merit; it has merit regardless of what town I live in or what team I root for. If it doesn't; my being a Sox fan doesn't make my post more praisewothy. I take the time to check a fact before I post; and welcome dissenting opinions. I read many threads; but only post occasionally. The practice of using a preceeding post in order to expand on; or offer a different take on someone else's opinion seems to be the frame work on which the forum is based. As I do read alot of posts; I've become familiar with your screen name and your posts. While not based in fact; my opinion is.... that at least one third of your posts go towards either chiding other posters for not disclosing their team preference  or assailing them for their decorum on the board. The other two thirds are rather superficial comments about what is apparently your home team. You rarely cite a statistic to back up a post and are quick to protect the sanctity of this forum based on your vision on what the board should be. So because I don't plan to play a foil to your screen persona; I'm going to suggest, that if you think I've done something wrong, take it to the moderators; but short of that; save your proselytizing for someone who hasn't spent the time to review your body of work. In turn, I will never post a follow up response to one of your posts, regardless of how misguided I occasionally find them to be.
    Posted by pri360[/QUOTE]

That's nonsense. You lauded Damon while taking shots at Sox players. IMO it should be pointed out that it was coming from a Yankee fan. Although, I shouldn't have to do that. I wouldn't go to a Yankee board and post my opinions all over it presumed to be a Yankee fan. You refusing to identify yourself does say something. Since you're going to make statements about what "this board" thinks, did it ever occur to you that "this board" has posters like you on it? Again, it only emphasizes my point. That goes for polls as well.

Forums are made for fans' opinions. I have opinions of posts and posters just like anyone else here. I don't care if you think my posts are superficial. This is not a math test. It's a fan forum. And men are IMO better at math, and perhaps more apt to use stats. My posts are clearly more emotionally driven than some of the posters here, but most of the posters here are men. I'd say more than 90%. And women tend to be more emotional in case you weren't aware of that. My profile is open unlike some posters. I have no problem with anyone reading any of my posts. Whether you like them or not, what you would find is consistency. Trust me when I tell you that your opinion of them means nothing to me.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxmeister. Show soxmeister's posts

Glad you Yankee fans have such happy feelings for Damon, but again, you are  not in any position to tell Sox fans how to feel.  

Sections
Shortcuts