If you could change one thing

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

If you could change one thing

If you could change one thing about the Red Sox since you have been a fan what would it be?

I would love to go back to 1967 and change that pitch to Tony Conigliaro. I would have loved to see what he could/should have accomplished in a full carrer.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

Re: If you could change one thing

I would had done everything and traded for Miguel Cabrera when he was available.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazyworldoftroybrown. Show crazyworldoftroybrown's posts

Tony C. for me too. Yaz had a great season that year, but Tony C. was doing great that season too. I remember listening on radio his 100th HR. Just turned 21.

67 WS might have been different with Tony C. in line-up.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to JimfromFlorida's comment:

If you could change one thing about the Red Sox since you have been a fan what would it be?

I would love to go back to 1967 and change that pitch to Tony Conigliaro. I would have loved to see what he could/should have accomplished in a full carrer.

I can't think of a better one than that.

Imagine what might have been.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

I'm not usually a vindictive person but in this case I'll make an exception. 

If there is one thing I could change it would be in the 2003 ALCS.  After Grady Little let Pedro go out to pitch the 8th with Embree and Timlin ready to go in the pen, and after Wakefield gave up the HR to Aaron (corked bat?) Boone, IMO there was really only one appropriate thing to do.

I would have liked to see John Henry step over the short wall in front of his seat, walk into the Red Sox dugout, look Grady Little in the eye, point his finger in Little's face, and say two words, "You're fired" plainly enough so it could be seen on national television, turn his back and leave. 

But.. the Tony C thing is nice too.  :-)

Having the right to do something doesn't make it the right thing to do.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

In response to BurritoT-'s comment:

Embree and Timlin? That about says it all. Scott Williamson was the pitcher you would have brought in. Honest to GOD how many of you have a clue? But you all have opinions.

No, Scott Williamson was NOT the pitcher I would have brought it, mostly because Williamson wasn't warmed up. 

If you're clueless enough to have wanted to bring in a cold pitcher that's up to you.  Just remember that makes you even more incompetent than Grady Little.

The two warmed up at that time were Embree and Timlin and either of them were preferable to Pedro or a cold Williamson. 

Think much before you post?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

Or Torres shouldnt give up that freakin homerun by Bucky Dent or Yaz should have gotten a hit in the bottom of the ninth of the 1978 playoff game!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Embree and Timlin? That about says it all. Scott Williamson was the pitcher you would have brought in. Honest to GOD how many of you have a clue? But you all have opinions.

It is one of those things where the end result generates the reaction. The manager makes the decisions. The players succeed or fail. You can be sure that if Little yanked Pedro, and the bullpen blew it, the outrage would have been even greater than it was.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

In response to JimfromFlorida's comment:

Hi Jim,

along with Tony C I would have had Jim Longborg NOT go skiing......

and as probably the biggest change of all time. Buckner would have made that play at first base and we would have had our first world series win since 1918.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

Buckner catching that ball...........it was horrible how he was treated.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

what if we had kept Babe Ruth also?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

In response to Iceman4's comment:

what if we had kept Babe Ruth also?

ha! no curse of the bambino. how about if teddy ballgame never went into the service?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

70's: take back the Sparky Lyle trade or the Carlton Fisk contract offer "mistake".

80's: take back the Schilling and Anderson for Boddicker trade.

90's: take back the Bagwell trade.

00's: take back the Crawford signing.

10's: take back the Victorino signing.

Sox4ever

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

In response to dgalehouse's comment:

[QUOTE]

It is one of those things where the end result generates the reaction. The manager makes the decisions. The players succeed or fail. You can be sure that if Little yanked Pedro, and the bullpen blew it, the outrage would have been even greater than it was.

[/QUOTE]

Not by me.  Pedro was done and he knew it, just like the Sox fans knew it.  The only one who didn't know it was Grady.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In response to S5's comment:

Not by me.  Pedro was done and he knew it, just like the Sox fans knew it.  The only one who didn't know it was Grady.

5, check your messages

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

I don't want change, I just want to enjoy the ride.

Such a drag it must be to have take over for Conan.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

In response to J-BAY's comment:

[QUOTE]

5, check your messages

[/QUOTE]

Thanks  Smile

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Okay, not by you. I think many would have complained. And remember, Posada hit a little bloop. If it was caught, there would be no problem. Anyway, the sale of Babe Ruth, while not in our lifetime, stands out as the biggest blunder ever. 

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

In response to Iceman4's comment:

Buckner catching that ball...........it was horrible how he was treated.

The Sox might not have won anything, since that game was already tied.   But Buckner would have escaped an extremely undeserved goat label.

Frankly, I would have preferred Schiraldi just strike out Carter or Mitchell and ended it right there.  Although it would have made 2004 a little less special...

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Easy.  1978 playoff game.  Instead of popping up to end the game, Yaz hits a titanic 3-run homer to win it for the Red Sox 7-5.  It would have been right up there with the Bobby Thomson home run as one of the most dramatic moments in baseball history.