1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

If You Haven't Read the OBF's Column, Please Do So

Please read the article in today's paper by the OBF. For those of us who feel the same way, good for us.

For those "fans" that still back this team through thick or thin, take a step back and read this.

Enjoy and have a great weekend.

http://www.boston.com/sports/blogs/obnoxiousbostonfan/2012/08/red_sox_2012_funeral_pesky.html

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

Re: If You Haven't Read the OBF's Column, Please Do So

In Response to If You Haven't Read the OBF's Column, Please Do So:
    [QUOTE]Please read the article in today's paper by the OBF. For those of us who feel the same way, good for us. For those "fans" that still back this team through thick or thin, take a step back and read this. Enjoy and have a great weekend. http://www.boston.com/sports/blogs/obnoxiousbostonfan/2012/08/red_sox_2012_funeral_pesky.html
    Posted by ADG[/QUOTE]

Very powerful stuff. Dysfunctional doesn't even begin to describe the culture of this clubhouse. But when the inmates are allowed to run to asylum, this is what transpires. Demoralization and chaos.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

He certainly pulls no punches.  But, for my money, a 5 or 6 paragraph throw up of poor grammar, bad spelling, a lame thesis using a tenuously tied-in analogy to overused gangster movie cliches (which he then abandons half way through anyway) doesn't really hit home any more than an angry post from some blowhard on this board.  OBF isn't exactly a voice that commands attention.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SOXNVA. Show SOXNVA's posts

I have to admit, the way this season has steadily gone down the tubes and the realization that we may have "purchased" too many problem-childs has me at a loss for words. While I still proudly walk around with one of my many Sox caps on, I notice that my chest just isnt sticking out with pride as I walk by someone wearing Yankees apparel as much as it once was. Its one thing to field a bad team, it happens. Its another thing to field a classless team, it should never happen if you are a team from Boston, regardless of the situation. If you are a crappy team, accept the fact that you are part of that crappy team, and ultimately a part of why it is crappy, as opposed to trying to find a scapegoat. I would have rather had the team show in unity to the funeral, regardless if you personally knew the man or not, and been so tired that they were murdered on the field the next game then to be reading stories such as this. It doesnt matter if they knew the man or not. He was a big part of Red Sox baseball (the fact that they named a pole at Fenway afer him should have at least provided some glimpse of a clue) and every stinking member of that team should have shown respect. As far as "normal" citizens showing up for the funeral as suggested by one commenter, come on. The players had the access, the means, and should have had the desire to do so.

I guess I could have summed this entire post up with one word.....DISGUSTING!!!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yoshimi25. Show Yoshimi25's posts

Old proverb: people who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones. 

For those of you who live in the Boston area, how was the public service in Lynn?  Was it nice?  I wish I lived in the area so I could have gone with you guys. 

Sections
Shortcuts