If you think any of these guys were sad to leave check this out

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthomas43. Show mthomas43's posts

If you think any of these guys were sad to leave check this out

Photo: Here they are on the plane to RT/ doing it first class! 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

Re: If you think any of these guys were sad to leave check this out

Don't worry, none of us thought they would be dissapointed. I will root for LA for the rest of the year.

Gonzalez will continue to do his thing, and I hope Beckett can find his old self.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from attic-dan. Show attic-dan's posts

In Response to If you think any of these guys were sad to leave check this out:
    [QUOTE]Steve Berthiaume  ‏ @ SBerthiaumeESPN # RedSox  Photo: Here they are on the plane to  # Dodgers RT/ @ Shredderpunto :  # dodgers  doing it first class! http://pic.twitter.com/06K1HtLW     View photo   Reply     Retweet     Favorite Look at the smile on Beckets face.
    Posted by mthomas43[/QUOTE]

I don't care if they were doing cartwhells on the runway, just removing Beckett has brought an even bigger smile on my face.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ABQDan. Show ABQDan's posts

.... but once past the immediate situation, it DOES bring up the sobering question: how on earth does an organization manage to make players who are high-performing All Stars so eager to leave?

I'll give you a hint: his initials are Larry Lucchino.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from michaelsjr. Show michaelsjr's posts

Beckett can smile all he wants.  His leaving brought miles of smiles in Boston.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Motown9009. Show Motown9009's posts

Beckett's like that ex who mistreated you. You just hate to see them happy afterwards.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Looks like they're all pretty happy to me.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Motown9009. Show Motown9009's posts

The funniest part is Punto thinking anyone cares about him.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karlosantonylimtiaco. Show Karlosantonylimtiaco's posts

I think Manny Ramirez was quite happy when he was given the boot as well. The rest is history. I would rather root for a bunch of hard working, grind-it-out dirt dogs than a bunch on naturally gifted prima donnas who take no pride in their craft. I know a prior hitting coach of A-Gon who stated that he is not much of a hard worker and that he relies on his natural talent to carry him through. Wow! If this is true then imagine how much of a force he would be if he decided to work at it as if his life depended on it.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from tetonman50. Show tetonman50's posts

What we had wasn't working and the only way to get better is by dismantling the mess Theo made of this once great team.    Today was the second step to a better team.  Getting Theo out of here was the first.  There are obviously many more steps that will need to be taken. Personally, I don't need a WS champoinship team, I just want to like this team again. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Unsurprising. Agonies a west coast guy--his family lives in San Diego. Beckett long ago wore out his welcome. CC needs a fresh start. AGon a big, big loss, but he made Beckett palatable. Sox dumped a lot of salary and got a couple of good but unproven arms.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Harpua710. Show Harpua710's posts

In Response to Re: If you think any of these guys were sad to leave check this out:
    [QUOTE]The funniest part is Punto thinking anyone cares about him.
    Posted by Motown9009[/QUOTE]

Beckett will still suck but just a little less for the Dodgers.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxmeister. Show soxmeister's posts

Agon is a super star, who cares who liked him.   They will miss him.

We need pitching.  To lose Agon and Crawford (shut up, haters) is a big deal unless they can aquire a frontline ace.

I am betting Lackey will be a top pitcher again.  He pitched with that shredded elbow for quite awhile.  I think he is going to surprise a lot of people. 

But where do we get an ace?   Lester is a #2 guy.  He needs soembody to take the pressure off him.

I am still not giving up hope on the Sox getting King Felix.   He would be worshipped here, the second coming of Pedro.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

make sure the door....

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

In Response to Re: If you think any of these guys were sad to leave check this out:
    [QUOTE]Agon is a super star, who cares who liked him.   They will miss him. We need pitching.  To lose Agon and Crawford (shut up, haters) is a big deal unless they can aquire a frontline ace. I am betting Lackey will be a top pitcher again.  He pitched with that shredded elbow for quite awhile.  I think he is going to surprise a lot of people.  But where do we get an ace?   Lester is a #2 guy.  He needs soembody to take the pressure off him. I am still not giving up hope on the Sox getting King Felix.   He would be worshipped here, the second coming of Pedro.
    Posted by soxmeister[/QUOTE]

Why do they need an ACE? The RAYS seem to be doing fine without any huge ACE. And look how well Philly is doing with all those ACES. The SOX need pitchers  who can keep the team in games up through 6/7 innings. And I don't think AGON will be missed. He is replaceable. Heck YOUK played equally well if not better at 1st than Agon. Howard could be possible. The Sox are finally doing the much needed house(overpaid contract) cleaning. This team has my interest once again.