If You Were A Yankee Fan

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

If You Were A Yankee Fan

In a sequence of 5 batters, Ichiro, Jeter, and ARod were hit by KFelox. Two batters later, Ibanez (ex teammate) was knocked down. Now I'm not one to accuse, but this is a curious scenario, especially the players involved. Girardi claims it was not intentional, but maybe it was "subconscious", or "careless" ala Beckett & Joba. If you were a Yankee fan, what would like to see next?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from tom-uk. Show tom-uk's posts

Re: If You Were A Yankee Fan

Rodriguez and Ichiro Suzuki were hit by off-speed pitches clocked at 88 mph and Derek Jeter was plunked in the left arm by a 91-mph fastball.

Nobody in the Yankees’ clubhouse accused Hernandez of head-hunting

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/yankees/rodriguez_breaks_hand_will_be_put_2ezdLvyNmEyu4AxFAheSuO#ixzz21eNPCK89

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Steven I didnt see the game, except for a few batters in the 6th. I flipped over to check the score, after the sox game. Singleton was saying how Felix while effective, had labored thru the six innings, think he said he had to throw 34 pitches in the second, yanks had the bases loaded. this may have just been a unusual outing for Hernadez, where he didnt have good command, one every pitcher has, even the best of them,

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In Response to Re: If You Were A Yankee Fan:
    [QUOTE]Steven I didnt see the game, except for a few batters in the 6th. I flipped over to check the score, after the sox game. Singleton was saying how Felix while effective, had labored thru the six innings, think he said he had to throw 34 pitches in the second, yanks had the bases loaded. this may have just been a unusual outing for Hernadez, one every pitcher has, even the best of them
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]

This is most likely the case, but what if this happened to the RS? This forum would likely be buzzing.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: If You Were A Yankee Fan : This is most likely the case, but what if this happened to the RS? This forum would likely be buzzing.
    Posted by nhsteven[/QUOTE]

sure it would and I expect nothing lessSealedTongue out

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]Rodriguez and Ichiro Suzuki were hit by off-speed pitches clocked at 88 mph and Derek Jeter was plunked in the left arm by a 91-mph fastball. Nobody in the Yankees’ clubhouse accused Hernandez of head-hunting Read more:  http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/yankees/rodriguez_breaks_hand_will_be_put_2ezdLvyNmEyu4AxFAheSuO#ixzz21eNPCK89
    Posted by tom-uk[/QUOTE]

Yes, I know what they said, as mentioned in the initial post. However, you think getting hit by an 88 mph pitch is fun? And it did break ARod's wrist.  Did you see the replay? He was on the ground for awhille, writhing in pain. How fast do you think the pitch was to Conigliaro? We'll never know, but in those days, it might have been 85 mph.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: If You Were A Yankee Fan : sure it would and I expect nothing less
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]

OK

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Not head-hunting, but definitely a message there--back off.  And it worked. 

If I were a Yankee fan, I'd be hot.  ARod is going on the DL.  Hernandez and Mariners are going nowhere this year, so this was gratuitous. 

Seattle Yankee fans should be sent out to harass Hernandez and his family, but just for a year or two. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: If You Were A Yankee Fan : OK

I think the fact Hernadez didnt have good command the entire game, is the key here. Nor does he have the reputation. If I was a Yyyyaaaaakee fan, couldn't get it out there for a minute, I would be less than pleased.

I equate fandom with parenting. What you would find unacceptable in someone else's child, would more than likely be condoned in your own. Being one of yours does that

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

[QUOTE]Not head-hunting, but definitely a message there--back off.  And it worked.  If I were a Yankee fan, I'd be hot.  ARod is going on the DL.  Hernandez and Mariners are going nowhere this year, so this was gratuitous. 
    Posted by maxbialystock[/QUOTE] this could be the Yanks op to give a receipt, if only because the umps may not pre-police this due to no Mariner player being hit in return last night...i wouldn't mind a message, but the right way...below the shoulders... 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: If You Were A Yankee Fan : I think the fact Hernadez didnt have good command the entire game is the key. Nor does he have the reputation. I equate fandom with parenting. What you would find unacceptable in someone else's child would more than likely be condoned in your own. Love does that
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]

Agreed. Case in point. You once said you didn't like Cano's smirk. I could see that. However, Ortiz has similar facial expressions (not identical), yet many would call that a smile.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: If You Were A Yankee Fan : this could be the Yanks op to give a receipt, if only because the umps may not pre-police this due to no Mariner player being hit in return last night...i wouldn't mind a message, but the right way...below the shoulders... 
    Posted by jete02fan[/QUOTE]

I voted for the polite hit on the tush, so they get the idea to be more careful, something Jerry Callahan on WEEI agreed with when Sabathia hit Ortiz last yr. Oh, and by the way, it stopped after that.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: If You Were A Yankee Fan : Agreed. Case in point. You once said you didn't like Cano's smirk. I could see that. However, Ortiz has similar facial expressions (not identical), yet many would call that a smile.

Funny you should mention that. Co worker is a huge NYY fan. I said to him what I did to you. He agreed he does, but thinks that's because he's Dominican. I said could be, but Jeter is from Michigan;)

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: If You Were A Yankee Fan : Funny you mentioned that. Co worker is a huge NYY fan. I said to him what I did to you. He agreed he does, but thinks that's because he's Dominican. I said could be but Jeter is from Michigan;)
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]

I think this says, "Yay, I'm on top of the world". A recent photo of Mike Trout & Jeter together both showed a smile (or whateveryouwanttocall it) like that.

They're on top of the world. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: If You Were A Yankee Fan : I think this says, "Yay, I'm on top of the world". A recent photo of Mike Trout & Jeter together both showed a smile (or whateveryouwanttocall it) like that. They're on top of the world. 

I dont think Trouts there yet, but seems well on his way. Regardless, it comes across as smug, IMO. As a fan of a rival team, it rubs you the wrong way. Granted, it doesn't take much.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: If You Were A Yankee Fan : I dont think Trouts there yet, but seems well on his way. Regardless, it comes across as smug, IMO. As a fan of a rival team, it rubs you the wrong way. Granted, it doesn't take much.
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]

He's had a heckuva good start. I don't ever recall a 20 yr old having a start like this. The closest I can think of were Kaline, Conigliaro, Valenzuela, & Gooden. Oh, and those 2 wunderkinds on the Nationals.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: If You Were A Yankee Fan : He's had a heckuva good start. I don't ever recall a 20 yr old having a start like this. The closest I can think of were Kaline, Conigliaro, Valenzuela, & Gooden. Oh, and those 2 wunderkinds on the Nationals.

Time will tell. Puljos said when Trout was called up the at end of Aoril, he reminded him to have fun playing the game and came out of his slump. I think that's what kids can do for a clubhouse. Too many big I am FA can suck the life out of one, IMO. Need good balance of both.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: If You Were A Yankee Fan : Time will tell. Puljos said when Trout was called up the at end of Aoril, he reminded him to have fun playing the game and came out of his slump. I think that's what kids can do for a clubhouse. Too many big name FA can suck the life out of one, IMO. Need good balance of both.
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE] i like the ones who come up and play with abandon, totally forgetting they're supposed to be nervous :) 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: If You Were A Yankee Fan :  i like the ones who come up and play with abandon, totally forgetting they're supposed to be nervous :) 
    Posted by jete02fan[/QUOTE]

I think to a certain degree, Jete,  it's still a game, until you reach the BIGS, then you see more of the business side. That's what they bring with them that's been long lost on some of the veterans.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

Win the  next game and then sweep Boston in the Bronx. That is what they should do.

I am going to Friday Night's game. Cook vs Hughes. I am bring a pillow and blanky - this could turn into a 5 hour game.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

With a .194 team batting average and .272 on-base percentage at home this season, the Seattle Mariners might welcome the Yankees putting the leadoff hitter on base with a hit batsman today.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

[QUOTE]Rodriguez and Ichiro Suzuki were hit by off-speed pitches clocked at 88 mph and Derek Jeter was plunked in the left arm by a 91-mph fastball. Nobody in the Yankees’ clubhouse accused Hernandez of head-hunting Read more:  http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/yankees/rodriguez_breaks_hand_will_be_put_2ezdLvyNmEyu4AxFAheSuO#ixzz21eNPCK89
    Posted by tom-uk[/QUOTE]

I once got hit by 55 MPH fastball in my league and it hurt like mada f@@@@.  If Felix hits 3 or 4 batters, it's either Felix is throwing hurt or he's trying to tell something. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxmeister. Show soxmeister's posts

Honestly I would plunk a Seattle hitter on the butt with a curveball or something less dangerous.  You can't allow it, intentional or not.   Guys crowd the plate, the Yanks are great power hitters, but nobody should plunk another player. 

If Pedro were on the Yanks, you can be sure their would be some plunking coming up.  He would do it on his own.  He protected his players, whether hitting guys with the ball is cool or not.  

Or, just take Beckett ... he will be hitting everything except the strike zone tonight.