If you were starving and needed a dollar to buy a loaf of bread...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

If you were starving and needed a dollar to buy a loaf of bread...

who would you hold your hand out to?

softy or Ted Cruz?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Re: If you were starving and needed a dollar to buy a loaf of bread...

In response to moonslav59's comment:
    [QUOTE]

softy or Ted Cruz?

[/QUOTE]

I would rather hear Softy read Green Eggs and Ham than Ted Cruz.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSPCB73. Show RSPCB73's posts

I'd have a few million people hold out their hands to Cruz and bankrupt the sucker (assuming this offer was available to anyone and everyone).

Red Sox in 2013 World Series, Patriots in 2014 Super Bowl!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

I'd steal it from one of them.  Easy answer.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BMav. Show BMav's posts

Is this a political site or a baseball site?

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to RedSoxFireman's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I'm going to pay the tax and refuse the subscription for green eggs and ham, and opt out of the latest government class based ponzi scheme to keep the Leftists in political power.

[/QUOTE]

Money flows up anyway.

There's a philosophy that all we need to do is to double the money supply, and that will double everyone's wealth, and everyone will be twice as rich.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

the softy vs Moon act is getting old and stale.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yep....I agree.  Starting to resemble a married couple.  I'd be a huge liar if I said I never try to bash Softy within a thread.  Starting threads just to antagonize each other is making the board hard to get through with the already slow load times and having to go back a few pages to find anything worth reading....

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from NLU75. Show NLU75's posts

[QUOTE]

softy or Ted Cruz?

[/QUOTE] Moon,  Is Cruz the bad guy here, no  but Obamacare will bankrupt ever state in the union

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to RedSoxFireman's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I'm going to pay the tax and refuse the subscription for green eggs and ham, and opt out of the latest government class based ponzi scheme to keep the Leftists in political power.

[/QUOTE]

Glad to hear that you are planning to abide by the law and be part of the political process. Its perfectly acceptable for you to choose so pay the penalty and get nothing for it other than the pleasure of knowing that your dollars will subsidize health care for needy people. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to NLU75's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

softy or Ted Cruz?

[/QUOTE] Moon,  Is Cruz the bad guy here, no  but Obamacare will bankrupt ever state in the union

[/QUOTE]

Cruz is a moron. Obama was right that the tea party idiots were trying to blackmail the county into giving them what they could not achieve through the legislative process. They lost, and they can't handle it.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from NLU75. Show NLU75's posts

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

softy or Ted Cruz?

[/QUOTE]

Cruz is a moron. Obama was right that the tea party idiots were trying to blackmail the county into giving them what they could not achieve through the legislative process. They lost, and they can't handle it.

[/QUOTE] Pumpsie, do me a favor and go find a State Senator or A State Reprresentative that is neutral and not conservative or liberal. Now hope you find 2 like I did, one who has a background
    in medicine the other in banking & finance. Now make sure they have studied this law and have them explain to you what is about to happen & see if it does not scare the everloving s--t out of you. You are a very smart man go read the damn think & report back to me your tune will change.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from thehub. Show thehub's posts

[QUOTE]

softy or Ted Cruz?

[/QUOTE]

I would learn how to bake bread. Issue solved now and forever.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

I'd eat myself.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomnev. Show tomnev's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

softy or Ted Cruz?

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Pumpsie...the House passing Bills to change or Repeal Obama care IS the Legislative process.....and the members of the House are not supposed to vote on what the Country wants , but on what the people of their district who they represent want(thus the HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES)....we in the Northeast may disagree with what the people in thier district want, but thats the way the system is designed to work....Lawas are passed all the time and then later changed....Social Secuirty is the law of the Land.....but it has been changed by later legislative action numerous times...for the President to even refuse to discuss changes to the Healthcare Law, voted on and passed by a House Of Congress, when he himself has changed the law unilaterally(unconsitutionally by the way)...is hypocritical and outrageous....the last bill the house passed asked for 2 things....a One Year delay on the Penalty, if as an individual you did not sign up to get Insurance and 2) that Members of Congress did not get Subsidies on their Health Insurance and were subject to the same effect as everyone else that the Health Care law is having....Is that so unreasonable that it shouldnt eve be discussed???? I work for an International Bank and My contribution to my Health care rose 30% this year.....and the firms part of my Premiums rose the same.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to tomnev's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

softy or Ted Cruz?

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Pumpsie...the House passing Bills to change or Repeal Obama care IS the Legislative process.....and the members of the House are not supposed to vote on what the Country wants , but on what the people of their district who they represent want(thus the HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES)....we in the Northeast may disagree with what the people in thier district want, but thats the way the system is designed to work....Lawas are passed all the time and then later changed....Social Secuirty is the law of the Land.....but it has been changed by later legislative action numerous times...for the President to even refuse to discuss changes to the Healthcare Law, voted on and passed by a House Of Congress, when he himself has changed the law unilaterally(unconsitutionally by the way)...is hypocritical and outrageous....the last bill the house passed asked for 2 things....a One Year delay on the Penalty, if as an individual you did not sign up to get Insurance and 2) that Members of Congress did not get Subsidies on their Health Insurance and were subject to the same effect as everyone else that the Health Care law is having....Is that so unreasonable that it shouldnt eve be discussed???? I work for an International Bank and My contribution to my Health care rose 30% this year.....and the firms part of my Premiums rose the same.

[/QUOTE]

They wouldn't even let the House vote How is that "the process"?

They changed the rules, so only Eric Kantor could allow any vote to go forward. Does they break the law? No, but it certainly is not a democratic process.

Just wait, and the day will come, until the Democrats hold a Republican president hostage like this.

Look at the Obama proposed budget vs Ryan's? Who compromised more?  The final budget was almost the same as the bottom dollar of Ryan's budget, and then the House cries, "Look, the big O won't negotiate!".

No president should ever negotiate with terrorists or extortionists. It would set a bad example and open up a huge can of worms. Threatening a possible world-wide depression if you don't get your way may be okay with you, but it is insane to me.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomnev. Show tomnev's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

softy or Ted Cruz?

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

They changed the rules, so only Eric Kantor could allow any vote to go forward. Does they break the law? No, but it certainly is not a democratic process.

Just wait, and the day will come, until the Democrats hold a Republican president hostage like this.

Look at the Obama proposed budget vs Ryan's? Who compromised more?  The final budget was almost the same as the bottom dollar of Ryan's budget, and then the House cries, "Look, the big O won't negotiate!".

No president should ever negotiate with terrorists or extortionists. It would set a bad example and open up a huge can of worms. Threatening a possible world-wide depression if you don't get your way may be okay with you, but it is insane to me

Moo,

I respect your intelligence and your baseball knowledge and I will gladly drop talking politics, but I have no idea where you get the above facts.

A) I know of no Bill that was passed by the Senate that the House refused to Vote on...other than a Clean CR.....therhave been numerous bills and I mean numerous Bills that teh Senate has refused to vote on

B) The One budget Obama has produced was voted down 99-0 in the Democratic Senate....the House was never given a chance to vte on a Passed Obama Budget.....The House has passed their Own budget every year....the Senate in the Last 7 years....has passed none....If the Senate had passed their own then it would have gone to joint commitee for negotiation. Until the Democrats in the Sente pass a budget the House has no Power to do anything. The Senate is perfecty fine not passing a Budget because Continuing resolutions have automatic spending increases built into them...why pass a budget which woudl require you to negtiate spending when you get automatic increasses by not passing one....and when someone decides they do not want to continue to increase Government spending by passing a CR.....they are the bad guys? 

c) I agree it was a bad move and stupid Politics to link changes to Obama Care to the CR bill, but every Obama Care point in those bills had been passed individually by the House(again they represent Americans also)....and sent to the Senate over the past 2 years and Harry Reid refused to have the voted on....that is why they resorted to attaching them to the CR Bill....you can call that Extortion but attaching non related items to spending Bills has been done by both parties for decades.

Now back to our regularly scheduled program

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

softy or Ted Cruz?

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

No president should ever negotiate with terrorists or extortionists. It would set a bad example and open up a huge can of worms. Threatening a possible world-wide depression if you don't get your way may be okay with you, but it is insane to me.

[/QUOTE]

Exactly. THIS ^^^^

If this tactic had been allowed to work it could/would forever change how politics is conducted in Washington. For example, should the Democrats decide to respond in like manner they could threaten to shut the country down until the Bush Era Tax Cuts are "renegotiated".  By the same token the Republicans could threathen to shut the country down until Roe v. Wade is "renegotiated".

Our system works (to the extent that it DOES work. UGH) only because our lawmakers let it work.  When those same lawmakers manipulate the system to their advantage it ceases to work. 

It was very obvious to anyone who was watching that the only reason the ACA was allowed to become law was because the Republicans felt they could circumvent it after the 2012 election.  Unfortunately for them they didn't win that election.  Since they lacked the necessary votes to defund it in the House they're now stuck with it.  That's the way the system works.  The party in power has the votes to get what they want.  Allowing a minority party to hold the country hostage until they get what they want is, to say the least, bad precedent.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from youkillus. Show youkillus's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

softy or Ted Cruz?

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Well said, PG. After the election, in which one candidate was openly proposing healthcare, ran against another candidate, who actually implimented healthcare for all, and after the people spoke, and the legislative brach voted, and the Supreme Court decided, I had to accept that the political process had been followed, and the will of the people was clear and apparent. To have the conservatives try to gain what they could nt obtain through the ballot box, the law and the court, indictes any effort outside of this must be seen as an attempt to overthrow democracy.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

[QUOTE]

softy or Ted Cruz?

[/QUOTE]

Really moon? I thought you were better than this.  I honestly did.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

+1000

Sections
Shortcuts