If you were starving and needed a dollar to buy a loaf of bread...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

Re: If you were starving and needed a dollar to buy a loaf of bread...

Since obamacare has be inacted our insurance has gone up 40%  We pay $2,000.00 a month for insurance.  Now we have been informed our insurance carrier will not longer carry us because of obamacare.  Their words, not mine

"If you like your doctor, you will be able to keep your doctor, period.  If you like your health care plan, you'll be able to keep your health care plan, period.  No one will take it away, no matter what" (June 15, 2009)  

He said their would be universal coverage.  Obamacare will cover fewer than half of the nations uninsured accourding to the CBO.

He said their would be no new taxes on the middle class. Taxes levied on health insurers, drug manufacturers and medical device manufacturers will be passed on to consumers according to the congressional budget office.

The new limits on flexible spending accounts and the higher threshold for deducting medical expenses from one's income tax will hurt average families.

Obama promised that our premiums will be lowered for an average by $2,500.00 by the end of his first term.  According to the annual kaiser family foundation employer health benefits survey, average premium for family coverage grew by $2,976 by the end of obama's first term.

Then there is the IRS overseeing all of this.  We all know how honest the IRS is.  I suppose if your a progressive the IRS may be seen as your friend, not so for conservatives.  Is this really how we do things in america?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

Oh, I forgot to mention we are becoming a nation of part time workers because of obamacare.  The unions who backed obama are getting some breaks but they want even more because they will have to make some of their workers part time because of obamacare.

It would be nice if obama, those on the hill and some government appointees had to follow the rules of obamacare.

The dems pushed this down our throats.  Republicans want all those who serve us use the same health care they make us use.  If it's so great those who represent us should not get a better deal.

I think everyone would agree with that.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSF4Life234. Show RSF4Life234's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:
    [QUOTE]

the softy vs Moon act is getting old and stale.

[/QUOTE]

+1

There are way to many threads about softlaw on this forum in general. As one Jose Tavares said who cares.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSF4Life234. Show RSF4Life234's posts

And to moon and everyone else talking politics, take it to the politics forum it exists for a reason, how no one here seems to understand that blows my mind.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomnev. Show tomnev's posts

My apologies for responding to a political thread. I agree this is

not the place for it. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to 67redsox's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to moonslav59's comment:
    [QUOTE]

who would you hold your hand out to?

softy or Ted Cruz?

[/QUOTE]

Really moon? I thought you were better than this.  I honestly did.

[/QUOTE]

It was a spoof on softy's "who would you rather read "me or ____" threads.

Lighten up.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to NLU75's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

softy or Ted Cruz?

[/QUOTE] Moon,  Is Cruz the bad guy here, no  but Obamacare will bankrupt ever state in the union

[/QUOTE]

Cruz is a moron. Obama was right that the tea party idiots were trying to blackmail the county into giving them what they could not achieve through the legislative process. They lost, and they can't handle it.

[/QUOTE] Pumpsie, do me a favor and go find a State Senator or A State Reprresentative that is neutral and not conservative or liberal. Now hope you find 2 like I did, one who has a background
    in medicine the other in banking & finance. Now make sure they have studied this law and have them explain to you what is about to happen & see if it does not scare the everloving s--t out of you. You are a very smart man go read the damn think & report back to me your tune will change.

[/QUOTE]

You totally missed the point. I am not commenting on the merits of the law. The issue is that the tea party LOST on the issue through the legislative process and now they are trying to hold the country hostage by other means. You don't like the law, get the senate or house to introduce a bill and change it. Thats the way it works. You DO NOT try to extract concessions after the fact. Thats just BS.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to tomnev's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

softy or Ted Cruz?

[/QUOTE] Moon,  Is Cruz the bad guy here, no  but Obamacare will bankrupt ever state in the union

[/QUOTE]

Cruz is a moron. Obama was right that the tea party idiots were trying to blackmail the county into giving them what they could not achieve through the legislative process. They lost, and they can't handle it.

[/QUOTE]

Pumpsie...the House passing Bills to change or Repeal Obama care IS the Legislative process.....and the members of the House are not supposed to vote on what the Country wants , but on what the people of their district who they represent want(thus the HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES)....we in the Northeast may disagree with what the people in thier district want, but thats the way the system is designed to work....Lawas are passed all the time and then later changed....Social Secuirty is the law of the Land.....but it has been changed by later legislative action numerous times...for the President to even refuse to discuss changes to the Healthcare Law, voted on and passed by a House Of Congress, when he himself has changed the law unilaterally(unconsitutionally by the way)...is hypocritical and outrageous....the last bill the house passed asked for 2 things....a One Year delay on the Penalty, if as an individual you did not sign up to get Insurance and 2) that Members of Congress did not get Subsidies on their Health Insurance and were subject to the same effect as everyone else that the Health Care law is having....Is that so unreasonable that it shouldnt eve be discussed???? I work for an International Bank and My contribution to my Health care rose 30% this year.....and the firms part of my Premiums rose the same.

[/QUOTE]

Great. Go for it! Pass bills to change it if thats what they want to do. I am all for it. Negotiate like reasonable people and fix the shortcomings of Obamacare. I think that would be great! HOWEVER, you do not first vote in laws then when it comes to paying for them refuse to allocate the money because a small faction of the minority party would like to extract concessions to meet its needs. Thats just BS. The RIGHT way to do it is, if the law is not a good one, not to pass it in the FIRST PLACE. Once its passed you either legislate a change or FUND IT. 

There is far too much in the way of polarization and far too little compromise. There was no need for the brinksmanship that the Republican representatives perpetrated on the country. They had ZERO chance of winning; and they got ZERO in the process. In the meanwhile they waited until midnight to finally do the right thing. I think the tea party should be marginalized along with the most liberal wing of the Democratic party and the more moderate elements of our government should start SOLVING problems instead of CREATING them. If he affordable health care act needs fixing, fix it. But it IS the law and it MUST be funded as long as its the law. Period.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Moo,

I respect your intelligence and your baseball knowledge and I will gladly drop talking politics, but I have no idea where you get the above facts.

A) I know of no Bill that was passed by the Senate that the House refused to Vote on...other than a Clean CR.....therhave been numerous bills and I mean numerous Bills that teh Senate has refused to vote on

B) The One budget Obama has produced was voted down 99-0 in the Democratic Senate....the House was never given a chance to vte on a Passed Obama Budget.....The House has passed their Own budget every year....the Senate in the Last 7 years....has passed none....If the Senate had passed their own then it would have gone to joint commitee for negotiation. Until the Democrats in the Sente pass a budget the House has no Power to do anything. The Senate is perfecty fine not passing a Budget because Continuing resolutions have automatic spending increases built into them...why pass a budget which woudl require you to negtiate spending when you get automatic increasses by not passing one....and when someone decides they do not want to continue to increase Government spending by passing a CR.....they are the bad guys? 

c) I agree it was a bad move and stupid Politics to link changes to Obama Care to the CR bill, but every Obama Care point in those bills had been passed individually by the House(again they represent Americans also)....and sent to the Senate over the past 2 years and Harry Reid refused to have the voted on....that is why they resorted to attaching them to the CR Bill....you can call that Extortion but attaching non related items to spending Bills has been done by both parties for decades.

Now back to our regularly scheduled program

The regularly scheduled program stinks right now, so...

1) The Democrats agreed to a budget that was about $220 billion below Obama's request. It was about $100 billion below the previous passed Senate budget.

2) The House GOP budget CR was more than $100 billion below even Paul Ryan's budget proposal and $2 billion below GW's last budget proposal, meaning that if it had passed, we'd have been funding the government at belwo 2008 levels. This is called "compromise"? This being rejected by Obama and the Dems is "failure to negotiate"?

3) Here are the numbers in billions:

1,203 Original Obama's Budget 

1,185 2010 enacted spending

1,095 Original Ryan budget

1,066 2011 debt limit compromise

1,058 2014 Senate Budget (labelled a failure to compromise")

986 Senate continuing resolution

967 2014 Ryan budget

Look at the numbers and tell me which number the red line is closest to: Obama's, The Democratic Senate, or the Ryan Budget? How was that not a compromise? It looks to anyone like the Republicans got the better of the deal and then held us hostage for more, all the while claiming Obama and the Dems would not sit down and compromise as the held a gun to the whole world's economy.

4) The Dems basically agreed to the Republican budget and requested that the GOP sit down and help target cuts and implementation. The Republicans refuse 19 times, until the economy was taken hostage, and then they demanded a negotiation on the spot- or else!

5) The votes may have even been there to pass the "clean CR" long ago, but the Tea Party kept the vote from even happening. It's not the first time that kind of thing has happened, but with so much on the line, it is not good politics to blame Obama for not compromising.

Look, I'm not happy with Obama or the Dems. I never voted for Obama. The budget deficit is a major issue, but it is not the only one. Obamacare is here, like it or not. Healthcare cost were skyrocketing for years and years before Obamacare. There's a lot wrong with the plan, and I'm sure every single problem will be exposed under a magnifying glass, while past issues were not.

So, we punted the issue to a future date. What a complete failure of our total leadership.

The budget sequestration was at first blamed on Obama, but then shouldn't he then be given the credit for lowering the budget deficit rate by a record percentage, even if by mistake? The sequestration levels were set so low that nearly everyone felt the levels alone would shock the Congress into a compromise. Well, now those levels are the law of the land, and Ted Cruz felt now was the time to demand more- or else. Really?

Not giving into extortion is not the same as not compromising, and in light of what had already been compromised up to that point, this whole Cruz ploy has been as absurd as softy's claim that Papi is a "punch and Judy hitter with a bat speed no greater than Iglesias".

There, I talked about baseball.

Now, back to the local news.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

In response to BurritoT-'s comment:
    [QUOTE]

Oh, I forgot to mention we are becoming a nation of part time workers because of obamacare.  The unions who backed obama are getting some breaks but they want even more because they will have to make some of their workers part time because of obamacare.

It would be nice if obama, those on the hill and some government appointees had to follow the rules of obamacare.

The dems pushed this down our throats.  Republicans want all those who serve us use the same health care they make us use.  If it's so great those who represent us should not get a better deal.

I think everyone would agree with that.

Thanks for the laugh.

Seriously though, year ago when the State of Maine made it mandatory you carry car insurance the rates went up. Of course they did !! Once you force people to have insurance you become owned by the insurance companies, and they naturally would put rates up.

How anyone could expect rates to go down is far beyond me and my good friend, Mr. Common Sense.

[/QUOTE]

Obama promised that our premiums will be lowered for an average by $2,500.00 by the end of his first term.  According to the annual kaiser family foundation employer health benefits survey, average premium for family coverage grew by $2,976 by the end of obama's first term.

Your good friend mr. obama made that promise.  Are you saying he wasn't being honest with us?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

According to the annual kaiser family foundation employer health benefits survey, average premium for family coverage grew by $2,976 by the end of obama's first term.

Did you read the whole report?

The report says premiums went up 9%, sorry yours went up 40%, but the fact later stated was this...

"Since 2001, family premiums have increased 113 percent, compared with 34 percent for workers’ wages and 27 percent for inflation."

The increase has been about 10% for many years in a row now, under Bush and Obama.

Yes, Obama's promise have rang hollow, but blaming rate increases on Obamacare is hard to prove, since we don't know how much they might have gone up without it.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

softy or Ted Cruz?

[/QUOTE]

Really moon? I thought you were better than this.  I honestly did.

[/QUOTE]

It was a spoof on softy's "who would you rather read "me or ____" threads.

Lighten up.

[/QUOTE]

This isn't the first anti-softy thread you have started.  Some of us don't see the point.  You are a good poster, I just don't see why you keep bringing up softy.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

[QUOTE]

According to the annual kaiser family foundation employer health benefits survey, average premium for family coverage grew by $2,976 by the end of obama's first term.

The report says premiums went up 9%, sorry yours went up 40%, but the fact later stated was this...

"Since 2001, family premiums have increased 113 percent, compared with 34 percent for workers’ wages and 27 percent for inflation."

The increase has been about 10% for many years in a row now, under Bush and Obama.

Yes, Obama's promise have rang hollow, but blaming rate increases on Obamacare is hard to prove, since we don't know how much they might have gone up without it.

[/QUOTE]

Our insurance company said the reason they were dropping us was because of obamacare.  Pretty black and white.  I have been ill for a number of years so this is bad news for us.  Thank-you mr. president.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomnev. Show tomnev's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

softy or Ted Cruz?

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Pumpsie...the House passing Bills to change or Repeal Obama care IS the Legislative process.....and the members of the House are not supposed to vote on what the Country wants , but on what the people of their district who they represent want(thus the HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES)....we in the Northeast may disagree with what the people in thier district want, but thats the way the system is designed to work....Lawas are passed all the time and then later changed....Social Secuirty is the law of the Land.....but it has been changed by later legislative action numerous times...for the President to even refuse to discuss changes to the Healthcare Law, voted on and passed by a House Of Congress, when he himself has changed the law unilaterally(unconsitutionally by the way)...is hypocritical and outrageous....the last bill the house passed asked for 2 things....a One Year delay on the Penalty, if as an individual you did not sign up to get Insurance and 2) that Members of Congress did not get Subsidies on their Health Insurance and were subject to the same effect as everyone else that the Health Care law is having....Is that so unreasonable that it shouldnt eve be discussed???? I work for an International Bank and My contribution to my Health care rose 30% this year.....and the firms part of my Premiums rose the same.

[/QUOTE]

Great. Go for it! Pass bills to change it if thats what they want to do. I am all for it. Negotiate like reasonable people and fix the shortcomings of Obamacare. I think that would be great! HOWEVER, you do not first vote in laws then when it comes to paying for them refuse to allocate the money because a small faction of the minority party would like to extract concessions to meet its needs. Thats just BS. The RIGHT way to do it is, if the law is not a good one, not to pass it in the FIRST PLACE. Once its passed you either legislate a change or FUND IT. 

There is far too much in the way of polarization and far too little compromise. There was no need for the brinksmanship that the Republican representatives perpetrated on the country. They had ZERO chance of winning; and they got ZERO in the process. In the meanwhile they waited until midnight to finally do the right thing. I think the tea party should be marginalized along with the most liberal wing of the Democratic party and the more moderate elements of our government should start SOLVING problems instead of CREATING them. If he affordable health care act needs fixing, fix it. But it IS the law and it MUST be funded as long as its the law. Period.

[/QUOTE]

I am trying not to talk Politics.....believe me but since you responded directly to me I will respond.....you should go back and read how our legislative process works.....A Law is a Law..agreed...but no law is written that decides how much money must or must not be allocated to whatever the law is for....that is decided annually through the prescribed Budget Process....No Congress is bound to spend on anything, which is why one congress can decide to build 100 aircraft carriers and the next can decide not to fund any money to do....Budgets and appropriations need to be done annually....which is where our issues come in....we are supposed to have a President who gives a Budget recommendation.....Obama has done this once in his 6 years and that Budget was considered in the Democratically controlled Senate and voted down 99-0....Each House of Congress is supposed to pass a Budget resolution...The repucblican controlled house has passed one each year....the Senate...Zilch.....without them, they take what was budgeted the previous year...add 5%.....and presto , the process you want the Republicans to follow is taken away from them....so the Republicans in the House pass Bill after Bill (again what you want and many with some Democratic support) to change the parts of Obama care they think is broken or delay the whole thing...and the Senate refuses to vote on it, and if they wont vote on it, of course they also wont negotiate it. As to your point, it shoudlnt have been passed in the 1st place....it was passed without one sigle vote from what you term the Minoroty party, which by the way is the elected by the people of the United States, MAJORITY Party in the House of Representatives, who by the way since the House is proportional represent a Majority of Americans....what they tried recently was poor politics, but it was based on the true fact that the people who sent them to Washington, beleive that thd health care law is hurting them with higher premiums(I know this has happened to me), lower hours and Loss of jobs.....so it is their duty to change it if they can...and since they are completely stonewalled by the other party in doing it the way you and the constituiton wants them to...should they just surrender and ignore the will of the majority of Americans who sent them there...or should they try and use the greatest Power the Consitution granted the House of Representatives....the power of the purse...a poor poltical move....but a patriotic one none the less. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

It's not hard to prove at all.  Rates went up because insurance companies were preparing for obamacare.  

Under obamacare 

1. Plans can no longer impose annual or lifetime limits on how much health care coverage people may receive

2. they must offer dependent coverage for young adults until age 26.  Shouldn't these adults have jobs?  Under obama the recovery is very, very slow.  Maybe if the economy was better 26 year olds would have jobs with insurance.

3. unless grandfathered, health plans will aso be required to cover certain preventive care services at no cost.  This list goes on...

Who is going to pay for all this?  Who is going to pay for the uninsured.  Those of us who have jobs will.  Those of us who don't get any breaks on obamacare will.  We don't work on the hill and we are not union workers!

If this plan is so great why do our elected officials get a pass?  What about unions?  The unions, who backed it, want more breaks because they can't afford to insure their members under obamacare.  They will have to cut hours so they can have more part time employees.

A friend lost his job due to obama's sequestration.  His wife had to go on medicare.  She can't find a doctor to take her.  Doctors don't want medicare patients because of obamacare.

This is a bad program and the next ten years will prove it.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomnev. Show tomnev's posts

[QUOTE]

Moo,

I respect your intelligence and your baseball knowledge and I will gladly drop talking politics, but I have no idea where you get the above facts.

A) I know of no Bill that was passed by the Senate that the House refused to Vote on...other than a Clean CR.....therhave been numerous bills and I mean numerous Bills that teh Senate has refused to vote on

B) The One budget Obama has produced was voted down 99-0 in the Democratic Senate....the House was never given a chance to vte on a Passed Obama Budget.....The House has passed their Own budget every year....the Senate in the Last 7 years....has passed none....If the Senate had passed their own then it would have gone to joint commitee for negotiation. Until the Democrats in the Sente pass a budget the House has no Power to do anything. The Senate is perfecty fine not passing a Budget because Continuing resolutions have automatic spending increases built into them...why pass a budget which woudl require you to negtiate spending when you get automatic increasses by not passing one....and when someone decides they do not want to continue to increase Government spending by passing a CR.....they are the bad guys? 

c) I agree it was a bad move and stupid Politics to link changes to Obama Care to the CR bill, but every Obama Care point in those bills had been passed individually by the House(again they represent Americans also)....and sent to the Senate over the past 2 years and Harry Reid refused to have the voted on....that is why they resorted to attaching them to the CR Bill....you can call that Extortion but attaching non related items to spending Bills has been done by both parties for decades.

Now back to our regularly scheduled program

The regularly scheduled program stinks right now, so...

1) The Democrats agreed to a budget that was about $220 billion below Obama's request. It was about $100 billion below the previous passed Senate budget.

2) The House GOP budget CR was more than $100 billion below even Paul Ryan's budget proposal and $2 billion below GW's last budget proposal, meaning that if it had passed, we'd have been funding the government at belwo 2008 levels. This is called "compromise"? This being rejected by Obama and the Dems is "failure to negotiate"?

3) Here are the numbers in billions:

1,203 Original Obama's Budget 

1,185 2010 enacted spending

1,095 Original Ryan budget

1,066 2011 debt limit compromise

1,058 2014 Senate Budget (labelled a failure to compromise")

986 Senate continuing resolution

967 2014 Ryan budget

Look at the numbers and tell me which number the red line is closest to: Obama's, The Democratic Senate, or the Ryan Budget? How was that not a compromise? It looks to anyone like the Republicans got the better of the deal and then held us hostage for more, all the while claiming Obama and the Dems would not sit down and compromise as the held a gun to the whole world's economy.

4) The Dems basically agreed to the Republican budget and requested that the GOP sit down and help target cuts and implementation. The Republicans refuse 19 times, until the economy was taken hostage, and then they demanded a negotiation on the spot- or else!

5) The votes may have even been there to pass the "clean CR" long ago, but the Tea Party kept the vote from even happening. It's not the first time that kind of thing has happened, but with so much on the line, it is not good politics to blame Obama for not compromising.

Look, I'm not happy with Obama or the Dems. I never voted for Obama. The budget deficit is a major issue, but it is not the only one. Obamacare is here, like it or not. Healthcare cost were skyrocketing for years and years before Obamacare. There's a lot wrong with the plan, and I'm sure every single problem will be exposed under a magnifying glass, while past issues were not.

So, we punted the issue to a future date. What a complete failure of our total leadership.

The budget sequestration was at first blamed on Obama, but then shouldn't he then be given the credit for lowering the budget deficit rate by a record percentage, even if by mistake? The sequestration levels were set so low that nearly everyone felt the levels alone would shock the Congress into a compromise. Well, now those levels are the law of the land, and Ted Cruz felt now was the time to demand more- or else. Really?

Not giving into extortion is not the same as not compromising, and in light of what had already been compromised up to that point, this whole Cruz ploy has been as absurd as softy's claim that Papi is a "punch and Judy hitter with a bat speed no greater than Iglesias".

There, I talked about baseball.

Now, back to the local news.

[/QUOTE]

two quick points....One....not sure where you got your Budget #'s....but you are off almost 3 trillion dollars on what the US Budget is!....maybe you are just qouting discretionary spending....2....the Tea party is a Great Bogeyman for the Dems to use....and I am not a Member by the way, but Ted Cruz and Mike Lee, the 2 tea party voices people keep complaining about are Senators....not House Members...so clearly they are not responsible for how the House Votes....and none of Boehner, Cantor and McCarthy, the 3 republican House leaders are Tea party favorites...so how exactly did the Tea party keep the CR vote from happening?? and by the way there realy isnt even a National tea party....just a bunch of local tea parties and a National Federation which tries to link a small portion of them...so they have no National Power....this comes down to people who want smaller government and peope who want more government...the Dems just invoke the Tea party to radicalize the idea that wanting smaller government and a less wasteful one is a bad thing....you are way to intelligent to fall for that.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

softy or Ted Cruz?

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I am trying not to talk Politics.....believe me but since you responded directly to me I will respond.....you should go back and read how our legislative process works.....A Law is a Law..agreed...but no law is written that decides how much money must or must not be allocated to whatever the law is for....that is decided annually through the prescribed Budget Process....No Congress is bound to spend on anything, which is why one congress can decide to build 100 aircraft carriers and the next can decide not to fund any money to do....Budgets and appropriations need to be done annually....which is where our issues come in....we are supposed to have a President who gives a Budget recommendation.....Obama has done this once in his 6 years and that Budget was considered in the Democratically controlled Senate and voted down 99-0....Each House of Congress is supposed to pass a Budget resolution...The repucblican controlled house has passed one each year....the Senate...Zilch.....without them, they take what was budgeted the previous year...add 5%.....and presto , the process you want the Republicans to follow is taken away from them....so the Republicans in the House pass Bill after Bill (again what you want and many with some Democratic support) to change the parts of Obama care they think is broken or delay the whole thing...and the Senate refuses to vote on it, and if they wont vote on it, of course they also wont negotiate it. As to your point, it shoudlnt have been passed in the 1st place....it was passed without one sigle vote from what you term the Minoroty party, which by the way is the elected by the people of the United States, MAJORITY Party in the House of Representatives, who by the way since the House is proportional represent a Majority of Americans....what they tried recently was poor politics, but it was based on the true fact that the people who sent them to Washington, beleive that thd health care law is hurting them with higher premiums(I know this has happened to me), lower hours and Loss of jobs.....so it is their duty to change it if they can...and since they are completely stonewalled by the other party in doing it the way you and the constituiton wants them to...should they just surrender and ignore the will of the majority of Americans who sent them there...or should they try and use the greatest Power the Consitution granted the House of Representatives....the power of the purse...a poor poltical move....but a patriotic one none the less. 

[/QUOTE]

Very well stated.  People forget that the dems pushed this bill through without any input from republicans.  Republicans had ideas and offered them to the dems and obama and they were ignored.

Our representitives were given, I think, three days to read over 2,000 pages.  Good old nancy said in order to know what was in the bill the representitives had to pass the bill.  How is that right???

What about all the back room deals to buy votes from dems?

I have been good friends with a congressman and his wife for over 20 years, republican of course!

He was not happy that he was given 3 days to read the bill.  It is his job and the job of congress to fund bills, or not to fund them.

This thing is just such a mess, I don't see how anyone can defend it.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

There's a little win for everyone here.  

Ted Cruz is certainly a majore A ho_____!

Stiffy is a close runner up.

HCL is certainly killing lots of jobs. & Ted Cruz has somehow found a way to make it seem not quite so bad.  Way to be teddy.  Yet another notch in further marginalizing the GOP.  I guess with a ho______s like him tearing up my primaries, at least I won't be too upset with Hillary as our next president.

Maybe we can even get another guy selling pizzas?  Perhaps they will sescorer $6.66 this time?

Reagan must be rolling over in his grave listening to these yahoos!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

softy or Ted Cruz?

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Why wouldn't Boehner allow a vote then? According to all the polls a bill to reopen the government and fund the bills that were ALREADY PASSED would have passed in the House. I will tell you why: the tea party, a minority interest, has an inordinate amount of influence on the representatives. Instead of being concerned about running the country those representative were more concerned about being re-elected. Had the House voted we would not have had the absurd level of brinksmanship that ensued. I am not in favor of the tea party any more than I am in favor of the unions and the ACLU of undue influence in the management of this country. To hold the country hostage by refusing to finance bills already passed is unconscionable.

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts