Igelias to replace Ciriaco?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

Igelias to replace Ciriaco?

Igelias is playing third at Pawtucket now. Why would he learn a position that is filled by the team leader in HR or than to come off the bench for him. Ciriaco has had a tough season maybe this is the plan?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Re: Igelias to replace Ciriaco?

In response to BosoxJoe5's comment:

Igelias is playing third at Pawtucket now. Why would he learn a position that is filled by the team leader in HR or than to come off the bench for him. Ciriaco has had a tough season maybe this is the plan?

INTERESTING thought Joe........... Could it be, a trade may be in the works ????  I think a lot of teams would like to have Ciriaco ......

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazyworldoftroybrown. Show crazyworldoftroybrown's posts

Tough call, if Iggy was hitting much better in Triple AAA, I'd say yes. He'll get less at bats, against tougher Pitchers, dont expect too much with the bat. Harder to come off bench and play the field everyday too.
    I'd  still stay patient with Ciriaco, at this point. Very tough call.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

I prefer a UI to make the routine plays flawlessly in the field. No need to be spectacular. Any offense is certainly a plus. S/B a good base runner.

I think Ciriaco has regressed in the field, and is making errors on routine plays

However, I have seen Iggy play 11 games (all at SS) and he is still lapsing into "lazy mode" on many balls hit to him, and with his throwing...

I think I prefer Holt to be my UI, very steady with the glove, good base runner. Not hitting very well this year, but for a UI, so what. RS need a steady hand in the field at the UI position

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

I can't see them bringing Iggy up until he's ready to start. Does his development no good to sit in Boston.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazyworldoftroybrown. Show crazyworldoftroybrown's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:

I prefer a UI to make the routine plays flawlessly in the field. No need to be spectacular. Any offense is certainly a plus. S/B a good base runner.

I think Ciriaco has regressed in the field, and is making errors on routine plays

However, I have seen Iggy play 11 games (all at SS) and he is still lapsing into "lazy mode" on many balls hit to him, and with his throwing...

I think I prefer Holt to be my UI, very steady with the glove, good base runner. Not hitting very well this year, but for a UI, so what. RS need a steady hand in the field at the UI position

Like this idea. Nothing to lose with a cup of coffee with this.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

In response to LloydDobler's comment:

I can't see them bringing Iggy up until he's ready to start. Does his development no good to sit in Boston.

When is he going to be ready to start?

he would be a great utility guy. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

In response to Bill-806's comment:

In response to BosoxJoe5's comment:

INTERESTING thought Joe........... Could it be, a trade may be in the works ????  I think a lot of teams would like to have Ciriaco ......

You would DFA Circiaco and hope he clears waivers.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedsoxProspects. Show RedsoxProspects's posts

Think about it. Iglesias has to play in the majors by next year or he's gone. They originally signed him to a mlb contract if I remember correctly so his time in the minors is limited more than usual. He's gone if he is not in the majors next year. Ciriaco has not been playing well. We might as well see what we have got in Iglesias and at least audition him for a trade. Drew is on a one year deal.  It sure would help matters if Iglesias stepped up and took over at SS. We have invested a lot in Iglesias and he should be a good defensive replacement at least. He definitely was stellar defensively for us. 

Play him at 3rd for 4-5 games, and maybe at 2nd some and then bring him up. Release Ciriaco if things don't change quickly. I like this move.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

In response to softlaw2's comment:

DFA and waivers are two different procedural matters.

I projected S. Drew to have a slightly better than career averages because of the Fenway factor. I was wrong, he's much worse than I feared when I denounced the 10 million contract he was offered.

In that close game, last night, anyone have any confidence in S. Drew's plate prowess? Instead of the strke out, his best bet was to bunt and pray for a fielding error.

You DFA a player to get him off your roster, within 10 days of being DFA you need to be traded, placed back on the roster or placed on waivers. Fool.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

In response to BurritoT-'s comment:

Don't forget Bosox said he had forgotten more about baseball than you will ever know... yet he had to ask about Ciriaco/Iggy... lol/

No only softy, I actually really enjoy and respect most people here.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from illinoisredsox. Show illinoisredsox's posts

I projected S. Drew to have a slightly better than career averages because of the Fenway factor. I was wrong, he's much worse than I feared when I denounced the 10 million contract he was offered.

In that close game, last night, anyone have any confidence in S. Drew's plate prowess? Instead of the strke out, his best bet was to bunt and pray for a fielding error.

And Iglesias would have been expected to do what in that situation?  Oh wait, he would not have been up, Salty would have been, because Jose would have been batting ninth.

Your issue with Drew is his last name (actually, there is one other issue you have with him,  it's the same issue you have with Ellsbury).

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

You DFA a player to get him off your roster, within 10 days of being DFA you need to be traded

You stupidly associated DFA with "hope he clears waivers", and then follow up with rabid blather.

You need to stop using "you" and projecting your ignorance.

The point is, fool, that he wouldn't be traded. He would have to be placed on waivers.  You aren't even trying to make a point here. I think it is time to just cut your loses and move along.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Another example of the one game sample size judgements. I have you down for thinking Iggys is a better offensive player than Drew. Gotcha.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from splendidsplinterteddyballgame. Show splendidsplinterteddyballgame's posts

A sub .200 hitter is being replaced by another likely sub .200 hitter?  Iggy is hitting near .200 for PawSox.  That won't solve anything.  Sox need Middlebrooks, Gomes and Ellsbury to start hitting.  That is what they need.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to RedsoxProspects' comment:

Think about it. Iglesias has to play in the majors by next year or he's gone. They originally signed him to a mlb contract if I remember correctly so his time in the minors is limited more than usual. He's gone if he is not in the majors next year. Ciriaco has not been playing well. We might as well see what we have got in Iglesias and at least audition him for a trade. Drew is on a one year deal.  It sure would help matters if Iglesias stepped up and took over at SS. We have invested a lot in Iglesias and he should be a good defensive replacement at least. He definitely was stellar defensively for us. 

Play him at 3rd for 4-5 games, and maybe at 2nd some and then bring him up. Release Ciriaco if things don't change quickly. I like this move.

Hes not a FA until  2019. 4yr deal, then pre arbitration, then arbitration

2010 20 Boston Red Sox $2,060,000     2011 21 Boston Red Sox $2,060,000     2012 22 Boston Red Sox $2,060,000 contracts   2013 23 Boston Red Sox $2,060,000     2013 Status Pre-Arb Eligible, Earliest Arb Eligible: 2016, Earliest Free Agent: 2019 Career to date (may be incomplete) $8,240,000    

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

When is S. Drew ready to start. He's currently a glorifed 10 million dollar UIF'er.

Look at the utility infielder splts for S. Drew:

BA  .225  OBP .326  SLG .387  OPS .703

That 10 million is really paying off. Imagine what would have happened if they just went with the 2M UIF"er option, Iglesias, and put the 10M towards the starting pitcher budget. The Red Sox were terrible until S. Drew came off the DL.

You make too much sense Softy...we are supposed to blindly cheer for this guy and ignore his overall performance with 10 game selected samples....i know I for one am really grateful that this guy is a one year rental and i look forward to vehenmently voicing my support for ben's next risk-aversion signing next year for ss.....meawhile why havent we tried Iggy yet again?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

.we are supposed to blindly cheer for this guy and ignore his overall performance with 10 game selected samples..

Try his 28 day sample size.

Yes, I root for all our players.

Yes, i want Iggy as our FT SS as much as you do.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

When is S. Drew ready to start. He's currently a glorifed 10 million dollar UIF'er.

Look at the utility infielder splts for S. Drew:

BA  .225  OBP .326  SLG .387  OPS .703

That 10 million is really paying off. Imagine what would have happened if they just went with the 2M UIF"er option, Iglesias, and put the 10M towards the starting pitcher budget. The Red Sox were terrible until S. Drew came off the DL.

What does this thread have to do with Drew?

Can't Iggy and Drew both be bad?

Sections
Shortcuts