IGGY & LAVARNWAY, NEXT STOP, FENWAY PAAAAK.......

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Re: IGGY & LAVARNWAY, NEXT STOP, FENWAY PAAAAK.......

BILL STOP STARTING SO MANY THREADS!  IT IS ANNOYING!!!!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In Response to Re: IGGY & LAVARNWAY, NEXT STOP, FENWAY PAAAAK.......:
    BILL STOP STARTING SO MANY THREADS!  IT IS ANNOYING!!!!!
    Posted by BurritoT

I'm starting to think he get's paid by the thread, if not the posts.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Boomerangsdotcom. Show Boomerangsdotcom's posts

GO BILL GO! DON'T PAY ATTENTION TO THE ANNOYING PEOPLE WHO JUST DON'T GET IT YET! YOU AND I ARE DADS AND THE SOX FARMS ARE OUR KIDS RIGHT!

I LOVE YOUR ENTHUSIASM!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortMeade. Show FortMeade's posts

Threads like these are much better than many others that people don't complain about.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

What about a little love for Lars Anderson - a double and two walks!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Noted Globe  columnist Bob Ryan said on ESPN Radio yesterday that he predicts the "The RS shall finish 3rd  in the ALE, and that's disrespecting Toronto".

Having said that, recall the cliche spring hopes eternal

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

Noted Globe  columnist Bob Ryan said on ESPN Radio yesterday that he predicts the "The RS shall finish 3rd  in the ALE, and that's disrespecting Toronto" . Having said that, recall the cliche spring hopes eternal
    Posted by nhsteven

Well, if Bob said it, it must be so!

And to think I almost wasted my summer...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Noted Globe  columnist Bob Ryan said on ESPN Radio yesterday that he predicts the "The RS shall finish 3rd  in the ALE, and that's disrespecting Toronto" . Having said that, recall the cliche spring hopes eternal
    Posted by nhsteven

Indeed it does.

Ryan's scenario is certainly plausible.  And, it is certainly plausible that Toronto could compete for the division/playoffs and leap frog the Sox on the division supremacy ladder.  This is the worst case scenario (for us Sox fans).  And, it is certainly en vogue these days to predict doom and gloom (particularly from the Sox' own beat staff).

For my taste, I welcome all this wiriting off of the Sox.  A far better place to start from in a sports-psychology standpoint, for both the athletes and fans alike,  than last year at this time, when the Sox had already been handed the A.L. pennant.  

In my space-view, never mind top flight starter or catcher or anything personnel-wise, the main thing separating the Sox from being a monster club is The Eye of the Tiger.  Getting beat down and bloodied (September 2011) and written off (Winter 2011-12) are the fundamental building backs for re-acquiring this Eye.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

Great pic!

That cat is seriously PO ed!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from sindarin-erebor. Show sindarin-erebor's posts

Posted by nhsteven

My preseason predicition with the expception of not disrespecting Toronto, but stating they will be very close behind us in 4th. I hope I am way off, but just don't see us finishing ahead of the Yankees or Rays. Overall depth and a far weaker pitching staff than either the Yankees or Rays gets in the way of my predicting higher than 3rd. Not to mention our recent penchant for an above average amount of injuries.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

This season can definitely go either way, but I'm excited.  Bard could be an ace.  All five starters could have ERAs under 4.  Crawford could bounce back.  Lavarnway could be ready.  Salty could improve.  A Sweeney / Ross platoon could be good for an .800 OPS.  Everybody could be healthy this year.  If some of this happens, we're in good shape, but if all of it happens, look out.

Sections
Shortcuts