Iggy and Middlebrooks

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

Re: Iggy and Middlebrooks

In Response to Re: Iggy and Middlebrooks:
    [QUOTE]It's not the offense, it's the defense! The better move would be to shift Aviles to 3B and bring Iggy up. Better left side all around and no loss of offense. Sometimes, guys who rake in AAA can't hit when they get promoted. And sometimes guys who aren't hitting in AAA, rake when they get promoted.
    Posted by harv53[/QUOTE]

by saying "play aviles at 3B and iggy @ SS with no loss of offense" would mean that aviles is just as good a hitter and OBP guy as youk AND Iggy is just as good a hitter as aviles. You sir, are WAAAAAAAAAYY wrong on BOTH accounts. first off, aviles would be a defensive upgrade at 3B but then you lose Youk's bat and on base skills in the lineup. Iggy would be a sleight upgrade defensively at SS than aviles BUT he couldn't a ball off a tee let alone MLB pitching.

so overall your looking at a reinforced left side of the IF but a MAJOR MAJOR MAJOR drop in offense.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

...Iggy would be a slight upgrade defensively at SS than aviles...

Way off here.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

maybe i give aviles too much credit.. personally, i think hes done a great job at SS so far.. and an even better job at bat. also, iggy has committed 2 errors so far (against AAA hitting no less) compared to aviles' one. i know, i know, sample sizes sample sizes.. but no matter what way you slice it we are MUCH MUCH better off with iggy in AAA

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

[QUOTE]I thought that everyone was aware of the financial reasons for delaying Iggy and Lavarnway from coming up until  later in the season. It has been detailed ad nauseum on many threads. Why don't people read those threads instead of continuing to rehash this topic?
    Posted by Calzone65[/QUOTE]

yet another baseball thread you neglect to talk baseball in... you'll never learn boy

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chilliwings. Show Chilliwings's posts

[QUOTE]I thought that everyone was aware of the financial reasons for delaying Iggy and Lavarnway from coming up until  later in the season. It has been detailed ad nauseum on many threads. Why don't people read those threads instead of continuing to rehash this topic?
    Posted by Calzone65[/QUOTE]

So what you're say, Pike, is that you don't appreciate repetetive posting.  Gotcha.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chilliwings. Show Chilliwings's posts

Thanks.  May 11-ish I can figure out myself....Super 2 status, not so much!

If it is a May date then no way should the Sox bring up any of their major prospects until then....which is probably why they are not.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

maybe i give aviles too much credit.. personally, i think hes done a great job at SS so far.. and an even better job at bat. also, iggy has committed 2 errors so far (against AAA hitting no less) compared to aviles' one. i know, i know, sample sizes sample sizes.. but no matter what way you slice it we are MUCH MUCH better off with iggy in AAA...

Yes, the sample size is way too small, but more importantly, using error (or Fld%) as your gauge to SS defensive success is, with all due respect, short-sighted.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

If it is a May date then no way should the Sox bring up any of their major prospects until then....which is probably why they are not.
    My birthday is May 12th, so maybe I'll get a couple nice presents that day!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

[QUOTE]If it is a May date then no way should the Sox bring up any of their major prospects until then....which is probably why they are not. My birthday is May 12th, so maybe I'll get a couple nice presents that day!
    Posted by moonslav59[/QUOTE]

Again I wasn't trying to jump the gun here.  It is very likey that Youk is productive.  I was trying to make the point that with him nearing the end of his contract and Middlebrooks playing so well at AAA for the first time he might be pushed for a job this season.

It's unlikely I agree.  As far as Iggy goes he is still under 200 with no extra base hits in 12 games.

Still a very small sample and I am not trying to say that 12 games means anything for middlebrooks, Youk, or Iggy.  Just trying to point out a trend that if it continues could be interesting to watch.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

[QUOTE]maybe i give aviles too much credit.. personally, i think hes done a great job at SS so far.. and an even better job at bat. also, iggy has committed 2 errors so far (against AAA hitting no less) compared to aviles' one. i know, i know, sample sizes sample sizes.. but no matter what way you slice it we are MUCH MUCH better off with iggy in AAA... Yes, the sample size is way too small, but more importantly, using error (or Fld%) as your gauge to SS defensive success is, with all due respect, short-sighted.
    Posted by moonslav59[/QUOTE]

Moon,  how many actual plays have you seen that you think Iglesias could have turned into outs?  I can't recall any, and there have been a couple of plays that I'm sure would have been hits with Scutaro at short.  

Sections
Shortcuts