Iggy at AAA

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Re: Iggy at AAA

In response to SandfordsSon's comment:

Ciriacco  is the 25th player on the active roster. He is versatile, athletic, can steal,  can play nearly every position. Today he made a throwing error. No big deal.

pike, hes made like 6 erreors in very limited playing time, he cant hit either. Hes a waste of a roster spot.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to softlaw2's comment:

Iglesias has a bright future as MLB SS. No surprise that his demotion was resented, as it should have been. S. Drew is a terrible value and has problems showing up for work.

I"ve noted that most posters like the S. Drew signing and project either he or Bogearts,  Vinico & Marreo are ahead of Iglesias on the SS depth chart.

Now, should the Red Sox just write off the terrible 8 million waste on a bad attiude player who kicks the pooch and hasn't proven he can hit like the current 10 million dollar player with a good attitude who is solid fielder, too. I'm laughing.

Spread the word, Iglesias has a bad attidue and won't run out grounders. He's never going to prove he can hit, and he leads the AAA team in errors. Thank goodness the Red Sox paid 10 million for S. Drew, who shows up for work everyday ready to do whatever management decides to do with him. 

I said Bogy, Marrero and Vinicio are next on the depth chart fo SS behind Iggy. If Iggy doesnt step up and start hitting, he wont be on top of the SS depth chart much longer. His little temper tantrum and 4 errors in limited time didnt help things either.

Hes been paid 8M to refine his raw skill in MiL ball. Hes not entitled to anything and hasnt earned it yet. We differ on this so Im no going to go back and forth like we already have. I think we both know where the other stands on this.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

S. Drew most certainly hasn't earned anything, and his past from years ago doesn't mean he's entitled to anything. We agree to disagree.

And acting "like a child" is much better than acting like the majority of American adults. His resentment is understandable, and like the fact that he's letting managment know he earned the job before he was demoted. Management paying 10 million for a has been veteran wasn't related to the merits.

As the "BIG O" would say .............  "FOOLS, follow the $$$$$$"  !!!

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from illinoisredsox. Show illinoisredsox's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:

In response to SandfordsSon's comment:

Ciriacco  is the 25th player on the active roster. He is versatile, athletic, can steal,  can play nearly every position. Today he made a throwing error. No big deal.

pike, hes made like 6 erreors in very limited playing time, he cant hit either. Hes a waste of a roster spot.

To back this up, he's played in the field in 15 games and had 6 errors, not to mention a couple more plays that he could and maybe should have been charged with one.  He's making Butch Hobson's 1978 season of 43 errors look gold glove in comparison.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ANONMD08. Show ANONMD08's posts

am I missing something or is Drew injured again? he hasn't played the last 2 games.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to ANONMD08's comment:

am I missing something or is Drew injured again? he hasn't played the last 2 games.

Out with lower back pain.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

he certainly shouldnt be labelled "untouchable"..

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

S. Drew most certainly hasn't earned anything, and his past from years ago doesn't mean he's entitled to anything. We agree to disagree.

And acting "like a child" is much better than acting like the majority of American adults. His resentment is understandable, and like the fact that he's letting managment know he earned the job before he was demoted. Management paying 10 million for a has been veteran wasn't related to the merits.

Drew haglass four game winning hits. So with Igelias the Red Sox would be 4 games worse. Igelias is always going to a fringe player. That 8 million could have been spent developing better prospects.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

I'm shocked that S. Drew is missing more time. As he moves towards his mid 30's, he's been such an iron man over the last 2 years.

He just turned 30 in March. You know that.Undecided

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

For all those backing Iggy, there's no question he earned a place on the team as a result of ST; he and JBJ were very impressive and they startyed out on fire showing they were worthy of playing time at the MLB level.

JBJ cooled substantially and Iggy would have in a short time. Advanced scouting for opposing teams would have eaten him up which would have, in time, caused his fielding to diminish.

His under .220 BA @ AAA shows the teams are quickly learning how to pitch him. Drew is a more complete player---worth $9.5---who really is worth $9.5 or $20 or $30?

BenC. and JF are getting close to a solid 25---tell me does Wilson deserve to be sent out when Morales is ready---chances are it will be Wilson or Mort unless there is somone I have missed.

Life's not fair but it's the way the game is played.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to MadMc44's comment:

For all those backing Iggy, there's no question he earned a place on the team as a result of ST; he and JBJ were very impressive and they startyed out on fire showing they were worthy of playing time at the MLB level.

JBJ cooled substantially and Iggy would have in a short time. Advanced scouting for opposing teams would have eaten him up which would have, in time, caused his fielding to diminish.

His under .220 BA @ AAA shows the teams are quickly learning how to pitch him. Drew is a more complete player---worth $9.5---who really is worth $9.5 or $20 or $30?

BenC. and JF are getting close to a solid 25---tell me does Wilson deserve to be sent out when Morales is ready---chances are it will be Wilson or Mort unless there is somone I have missed.

Life's not fair but it's the way the game is played.

It will be wilson since Mort is out of options. Unless they trade someone of course because i dont see them DFA'ing anyone right now..

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to BurritoT-'s comment:

Why do they have him taking balls at 3B and 2B? Are they going to bring him up as the utility infielder? 

They might be thinking just in case. If you read his scouting report on soxprospects.com it says he can play 2n and 3b more than adequately. If he cant hit more than .200 and cant reach an obp of .300, hes nothing but a UI IMO.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

In response to Bill-806's comment:

As the "BIG O" would say .............  "FOOLS, follow the $$$$$$"  !!!

As most sane people would say, "FOOLS follow Softlaw!!!"

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

I don't recall any sensible poster being a big supporter of Ciriaco's ability.  It was blindingly obvious art the time that the guy was simply having a SSS hot streak last year.  1,000s of MiLB PAs with terrible OBP but a few good games against the Yankees and it was like "late developer", "love his neck", "what a gamer", ad nauseum.  He's still young-ish but is pushing 10 years of pro ball.

I wish him and all Sox players well, but he doesn't meet the MLB minimum talent level.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

Iglesias has a bright future as MLB SS. No surprise that his demotion was resented, as it should have been. S. Drew is a terrible value and has problems showing up for work.

I"ve noted that most posters like the S. Drew signing and project either he or Bogearts,  Vinico & Marreo are ahead of Iglesias on the SS depth chart.

Now, should the Red Sox just write off the terrible 8 million waste on a bad attiude player who kicks the pooch and hasn't proven he can hit like the current 10 million dollar player with a good attitude who is solid fielder, too. I'm laughing.

Spread the word, Iglesias has a bad attidue and won't run out grounders. He's never going to prove he can hit, and he leads the AAA team in errors. Thank goodness the Red Sox paid 10 million for S. Drew, who shows up for work everyday ready to do whatever management decides to do with him. 

Will do.