Iggy expected to miss most of 2014 season

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

Iggy expected to miss most of 2014 season

This could very well mean that Detriot will sign Stephen Drew.

Hellooooooooo draft pick.

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2014/03/jose-iglesias-expected-to-miss-most-of-2014.html

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

Re: Iggy expected to miss most of 2014 season

I wish him luck.  He did a fine job for us.  And while he is a SS, I kind of liked the blanket he and Drew created on the left side.

And a good landing spot for Drew on a one-year contract, since there is no way Detroit offers him a QO next year.

And for Detroit, Drew is like Santana was to Atl.  You hate to give up a #1, but at least the pick was low.

And for the RS, needless to say, this is fine news.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxnewmex. Show soxnewmex's posts

Life is ironic.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

It's too early to slap the label on him, but if you consider his recent minor league career Iggy is starting to show a history of missing time.  I obviously wish him the best, but if he can't get on the field then this makes the trade look even better.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

I wish Iggy the very best (but not when he is playing against the Red Sox).   Laughing

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

In response to alan93's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Love another draft pick and like seeing that Drew will get a job. Feel sorry for Iglesias. Our FO had better burn the midnight oil in studying draft picks this year. 

[/QUOTE]

Well it isn't a done deal yet, actually there aren't any rumors, although it's early and there is speculation.  I do think it is a good bet however; Detroit will go out and get Drew.  I hate to see a rival get an upgrade at short stop, and its tough to see a kid like Iggy have injury trouble, but what is done is done and I'd rather have Drew sign with Detroit than get no pick at all.

In the end, if we face Detroit in the playoffs that means a lot of things broke right for us and we are a good team.  That likely means either Sizemore is health and/or JBJ breaks through, it means WMB and Bogaerts are productive and the pitching is healhty.

If that is where we are at....I'm confident we could would Detroits butt even with Drew.  Which might not make Detroit that much better.  People assume it's an upgrade, offensively yes but defensively no.

If you assume Iggy was in line for a regression in his offense then it was a nice upgrade; while I would argue Iggy WAS due for a regression that was up until this point pure speculation.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

In response to Ice-Cream's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I wish Iggy the very best (but not when he is playing against the Red Sox).   Laughing

[/QUOTE]

Well he won't be for most of 2014...so lets hope for a healthy recovery.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

It's unbelievable when reading about this type of injury that it's supposedly caused by what sounds like jumping and landing on hard surfaces over and over. It probably would never have happened to him if he didn't insist on jumping for every play whether necessary or not.

Having said that, I'm not really sure that's the whole story.

As for Drew, I really can't believe he will replace him. That would be like replacing him twice in a way on two different teams. I'm also hoping this isn't true because I don't want Drew on the Tigers. I'd rather he be on a team we don't have to play that often -- like a National league team. And anyone can be an upgrade over Iggy's offense since he really seems to just bunt most of the time anyway.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

In response to Ice-Cream's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

+1

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

I don't know why the Red Sox got rid of a utilty infielder that can't play at 24 because of bad shins.

Pure insanity.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

In response to soxnewmex's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Life is ironic.

[/QUOTE]

You got that right, on top of which I am stunned Iglesias is this fragile at 24.  So maybe he wont be.   

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

In response to CommyContrarianOnTwitter's comment:
    [QUOTE]

all works out like roses for BC. bet drew gets hurt within a month of getting to tigerland. like how he refuses to budge off his conclusions. drew at any price is dumb. then again, boras played it well. likely gets a 3 year 35m deal no1 saw coming with iggy as the utility guy going forward.

[/QUOTE]

No way the Tigers pay Drew 35 mill and give up a draft pick to boot. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

", boras played it well. likely gets a 3 year 35m deal no"

care to make a wager on that?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to ctredsoxfanhugh's comment:
    [QUOTE]

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2014/03/jose-iglesias-expected-to-miss-most-of-2014.html

[/QUOTE]  WOW !!!!   I feel bad for IGGY  !!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

In response to Bill-806's comment:
    [QUOTE]

WOW !!!!   I feel bad for IGGY  !!!

[/QUOTE]

Who woulda thunk it Bill?  Bad shins are even worse than bad heels.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

So ... Will they miss him? NOT !!!!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

In response to donrd4's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

So ... Will they miss him? NOT !!!!!

[/QUOTE]

If they sign Drew I doubt it.  But that doesn't mean they'd prefer Iggy to have stayed healthy.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Injuries are a part of sports. They happen all the time. They can, and do, happen to just about every team. A team with good depth and/or the resources to spend for a replacement can still win. A team that does not have that is in trouble. Any team that has multiple injuries is in trouble. It has always been that way.