Iggy goes yard!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from JB-3. Show JB-3's posts

Iggy goes yard!

The mere fact that this is noteworthy reflects the fact that his bat is lacking.  But good to see him launch a 3 run bomb in the AAA game today.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

Re: Iggy goes yard!

Hank Aaron and Barry Bonds are in his sights.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In Response to Re: Iggy goes yard!:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Iggy goes yard! : Was that snide remark necessary?
    Posted by Calzone65[/QUOTE]Lighten up, you need to grow a sense of humor.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TBINFL. Show TBINFL's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Iggy goes yard! : Lighten up, you need to grow a sense of humor.
    Posted by carnie[/QUOTE]

pikesaysthis doesn't have a sense of humor. He is happy being miserable.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Hey I wanted them to keep him up in the bigs but someone decided to get him some more AB's in little league,cripe sakes his glove is golden who gives a rats patoot what he hits his first couple of years...Defense and pitching wins championships!Chicks dig the long ball...yada,yada...I like going to the WS.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from lowelll. Show lowelll's posts

Not so. I think that it is hilarious every time that a Red Sox fan is corrected and humiliated every time he shows any sliver of emotion and happiness on something that happens on the field. This is why I find gamethreads to be so entertaining. These "green newbies" need to admonished for irrational exuberance and personally I was disgusted at the euphoria expressed earlier in this thread about the HR by Iglesias, how juvenile to be so rah-rah. Shame.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

how is Calzone a "green newbies" when he claims the "snide" remark was pulled from the "forum filing cabinet"? Do tell.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

are you guys seriously fighting about this crap? who cares.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from lowelll. Show lowelll's posts

What a shame that JB-3 stated that Iggy hit a HR today and is in a Red Sox forum and got admonished for it by closet Yankee trolls. It is no surprise at all that this forum is dying since it appears to be inundated by closet Yankee fans. Such things happen in an Internet forum that is not moderated and as a result of it ,some innocent, gullible, elderly, lifetime Red Sox fans in assisted living homes or elsewhere get fooled and taken advantage of by these characters who love to annoy and irritate while pretending to be fellow fans. Shame on them. I know that Babe's father would not approve of what his dear son is up to.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliamsjr. Show hankwilliamsjr's posts

The mere fact that this is noteworthy reflects the fact that his bat is lacking.  But good to see him launch a 3 run bomb in the AAA game today.

Wastefield's pitching was lacking, your point?  Iglesias can handle the bat well enough for a gifted fielder at the most important fielding position in baseball.

"Yard" is like a 7 year old drone!

Nice to see Igleasis show he can handle the bat well enough to be as good or better than Alex Gonzalez, who had more value than the twent plus SS the incompetent Red Sox front office has run through the "slugging SS" licensing department!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

[QUOTE]Probably wasn't snide but was pulled out of the forum filing cabinet and probably  used hundreds of times before in an effort to sound clever.
    Posted by Calzone65[/QUOTE]

Nope.  Penned that beauty on the spot.  But I'm flattered you think I am so witty, clever, quick, etc.... that I must be recycling material. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

Doesn't count, it's not MLB pitching. But then, he needs more time in AAA to learn to hit MLB pitching? Now that's logic!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

[QUOTE]Doesn't count, it's not MLB pitching. But then, he needs more time in AAA to learn to hit MLB pitching? Now that's logic!
    Posted by Alibiike[/QUOTE]

It's the logic that has existed since the beginning of baseball. You are aware of this I assume?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

[QUOTE]The mere fact that this is noteworthy reflects the fact that his bat is lacking .  But good to see him launch a 3 run bomb in the AAA game today. Wastefield's pitching was lacking, your point?  Iglesias can handle the bat well enough for a gifted fielder at the most important fielding position in baseball. "Yard" is like a 7 year old drone! Nice to see Igleasis show he can handle the bat well enough to be as good or better than Alex Gonzalez, who had more value than the twent plus SS the incompetent Red Sox front office has run through the "slugging SS" licensing department!
    Posted by hankwilliamsjr[/QUOTE]

gawd hank! wakefield is retired. tek is retired. this is now. today,tomorrow and the future. time to move on don't you think? new year and a new team.

GO SOX!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In Response to Re: Iggy goes yard!:
    The mere fact that this is noteworthy reflects the fact that his bat is lacking .  But good to see him launch a 3 run bomb in the AAA game today. Wastefield's pitching was lacking, your point?  Iglesias can handle the bat well enough for a gifted fielder at the most important fielding position in baseball. "Yard" is like a 7 year old drone! Nice to see Igleasis show he can handle the bat well enough to be as good or better than Alex Gonzalez, who had more value than the twent plus SS the incompetent Red Sox front office has run through the "slugging SS" licensing department!
    Posted by hankwilliamsjr

gawd hank! wakefield is retired. tek is retired. this is now. today,tomorrow and the future. time to move on don't you think? new year and a new team. 

The tow trick pony's stable is empty.

Alex Gonzalez had 2 seasons with 23 HRs and 4 more with 14 or more. I seriously doubt Iggy7 will ever hit over 7 or 8. 

What a clown mr hanky is!

By the way, I thought this thread would be about Iggy walking out into his yard.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

How ya going to keep this boy down on the farm ????????

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kirbyrob. Show kirbyrob's posts

I've never understood these "cute" (re: GIRLY) nicknames used for your players?

It's just weird.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

[QUOTE]How ya going to keep this boy down on the farm ????????
    Posted by Bill-806[/QUOTE]

Bill, he needs to be in AAA to learn to hit major league pitching, so he will have to wait until a major league picher goes on the DL, and then does a rehab assignment in AAA before Iggy can learn to hit.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Iggy goes yard! : Bill, he needs to in AAA to learn to hit major league pitching, so he will have to wait until a major league picher goes on the DL, and then does a rehab assignment in AAA before Iggy can learn to hit.

Yes, because good AAA pitchers never progress to the major leagues...

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Iggy goes yard! : Bill, he needs to in AAA to learn to hit major league pitching, so he will have to wait until a major league picher goes on the DL, and then does a rehab assignment in AAA before Iggy can learn to hit.

Your thought process is bizarre.  Do you not understand that hitters normally progess through the minors and into the majors by proving their proficiency at each level?   When one master one level one is considered able to attempt to master the next level.

I will explain to you how this works and how if one cant hit in A ball one doesn't move up to AA and if one doesn't hit at AA one doesn't move up to AAA etc I am sorry if it seems I am  insulting your intelligence but honestly I am starting to think you dont get it..  Iggy hit 285 at Portland.  I saw him play there a bunch of times.  If he hit 220 there he would not be in AAA right now.  He needed to show people in the Red Sox system that he could hit at AA before they deemed him ready for AAA.  This is how things have worked in the minor league and major league system for a very long time.  Why is it confusing you so much?  

I understand if you feel that it is okay for Iggy to not hit well at the majors because his defense offsets his lack of offense but please stop with the "confusion" around why someone who has not shown they can hit AAA pitching has to try and show people that he can before he is introduced to a higher level of skill.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Iggy goes yard! : Your thought process is bizarre.  Do you not understand that hitters normally progess through the minors and into the majors by proving their proficiency at each level?   When one master one level one is considered able to attempt to master the next level.  I will explain to you how this works and how if one cant hit in A ball one doesn't move up to AA and if one doesn't hit at AA one doesn't move up to AAA etc I am sorry if it seems I am  insulting your intelligence but honestly I am starting to think you dont get it..  Iggy hit 285 at Portland.  I saw him play there a bunch of times.  If he hit 220 there he would not be in AAA right now.  He needed to show people in the Red Sox system that he could hit at AA before they deemed him ready for AAA.  This is how things have worked in the minor league and major league system for a very long time.  Why is it confusing you so much?   I understand if you feel that it is okay for Iggy to not hit well at the majors because his defense offsets his lack of offense but please stop with the "confusion" around why someone who has not shown they can hit AAA pitching has to try and show people that he can before he is introduced to a higher level of skill.
    Posted by snakeoil123[/QUOTE]

You are narrow-minded and you don't understand what I am talking about. BA, OBP, and OPS are not real good indicators of being able to hit ML pitching, putting the ball in play is, and Iglesias can do that, probably better than some of the guys on the 25 man roster can. He probably will never be big HR and RBI guy, and is not known for his offense anyway. We endured "hit my weight" Drew and Varitek for years but because they good defensive players, the offense was over-looked.
    Hitting can be developed, defense is instinctive and we are wasting his, hoping he becomes a .270 hitter in AAA. What if he doesn't this year? Do the Sox say, he needs another year at AAA next year.
    That is the problem with this organization, they are not risk-takers, they would rather make the safe decisions.
    No Risk, no reward!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

[QUOTE]Doesn't count, it's not MLB pitching. But then, he needs more time in AAA to learn to hit MLB pitching? Now that's logic!

This has nothing to do with Iggy and whether he should be on the Red Sox.  This has to do with this post in which you say you don't understand how being in AAA helps one learn to hit ML pitching.

If you really believe this you have no idea whatsoever about baseball and why every team has a minor league system.  Do you think Iggy's time in A ball or AA ball helped prepare him to hit ML pitching?  Or do you think they should have just started him out leading off against Verlander?

Do you really believe that more time at AAA does not help a young player learn how to hit ML pitching?  Because every person that has a job in ML baseball understands why.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from JB-3. Show JB-3's posts

[QUOTE]Not so. I think that it is hilarious every time that a Red Sox fan is corrected and humiliated every time he shows any sliver of emotion and happiness on something that happens on the field. This is why I find gamethreads to be so entertaining. These "green newbies" need to admonished for irrational exuberance and personally I was disgusted at the euphoria expressed earlier in this thread about the HR by Iglesias, how juvenile to be so rah-rah. Shame.
    Posted by lowelll[/QUOTE]

Who are you referring to?  I haven't seen any exuberance on this thread prior to your post.  Does 1 "!" really count as exuberance?  This was meant simply as an informative thread for those not following the minor league games.  It was even said in the context of Iggy's poor offensive abilities.

A HR for Iggy is a rare thing, which should be celebrated the same way as a birthday.  He's only hit 3 of them in 3 years with the Sox organization and 2 of those came in the AFL in 2009.