Iggy goes yard!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from JB-3. Show JB-3's posts

Re: Iggy goes yard!

In Response to Re: Iggy goes yard!:
    What a shame that JB-3 stated that Iggy hit a HR today and is in a Red Sox forum and got admonished for it by closet Yankee trolls. It is no surprise at all that this forum is dying since it appears to be inundated by closet Yankee fans. Such things happen in an Internet forum that is not moderated and as a result of it ,some innocent, gullible, elderly, lifetime Red Sox fans in assisted living homes or elsewhere get fooled and taken advantage of by these characters who love to annoy and irritate while pretending to be fellow fans. Shame on them. I know that Babe's father would not approve of what his dear son is up to.
    Posted by lowelll

Maybe I've just been on this forum too long, but I got a nice little laugh out of the "snide remark".

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from JB-3. Show JB-3's posts

Wastefield's pitching was lacking, your point?  Iglesias can handle the bat well enough for a gifted fielder at the most important fielding position in baseball. "Yard" is like a 7 year old drone! Nice to see Igleasis show he can handle the bat well enough to be as good or better than Alex Gonzalez, who had more value than the twent plus SS the incompetent Red Sox front office has run through the "slugging SS" licensing department!
    Posted by hankwilliamsjr

My point certainly had nothing to do with Wakefield, while your point seems to be lacking.  Iggy has 3 career HR's (2 of which were in the AFL), he's a long way off from Alex Gonzalez with the bat, but Iggy gets the defensive nod.

I never said that he "needs" more time in AAA to learn to hit.  What I have said is that I understand the reasoning in sending him down to gain experience and work on his hitting, while also securing his services for another season.  I would have been very happy with him being our starting SS and hitting 9th.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliamsjr. Show hankwilliamsjr's posts

I seriously doubt Iggy7 will ever hit over 7 or 8. 

I seriously doubt Iggy will have any problem hitting 7 or 8 homers in one single season of a career as long as Alex Gonzalez. I have no doubt that you don't have a clue what you are talking about, just as your pleas to bring Wastefield back kept shrinking with the market that never existed despite your claims that another team would offer Wastefield a 1 million contract.

A moron is someone who misuses "deraliction" on a sports message board. Your comments are either pure drivel or hate speech. Get a job!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliamsjr. Show hankwilliamsjr's posts

Iggy has 3 career HR's (2 of which were in the AFL), he's a long way off from Alex Gonzalez with the bat, but Iggy gets the defensive nod.

At 22 years old, you have no point at all. One player has completed a full career of work, while the other hasn't even started.

I never said that he "needs" more time in AAA to learn to hit.  What I have said is that I understand the reasoning in sending him down to gain experience and work on his hitting, while also securing his services for another season.  I would have been very happy with him being our starting SS and hitting 9th.

You should realize how embarrassingly contradicting your comment is. It was never about "working on his hitting for a few months", it was a penny pinching bean counting exercise by Cherry.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

I dont think Iggy's demotion had anything to do with his inability to hit.  That would imply that Iggy lost the job, which I dont think was the case.

Frankly, I think that Aviles won the job.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from JB-3. Show JB-3's posts

Iggy has 3 career HR's (2 of which were in the AFL), he's a long way off from Alex Gonzalez with the bat, but Iggy gets the defensive nod. At 22 years old, you have no point at all. One player has completed a full career of work, while the other hasn't even started. I never said that he "needs" more time in AAA to learn to hit .   What I have said is that I understand the reasoning in sending him down to gain experience and work on his hitting , while also securing his services for another season.  I would have been very happy with him being our starting SS and hitting 9th. You should realize how embarrassingly contradicting your comment is. It was never about "working on his hitting for a few months", it was a penny pinching bean counting exercise by Cherry.
    Posted by hankwilliamsjr

There isn't a contradiction there.  working on his hitting and needing to work on his hitting are two seperate things.  The Sox FO feels as though his hitting can improve, therefore they're sending him down (in addition to financial imnplications), but I don't think that he NEEDS to improve his hitting to be an improvement over the current Red Sox SS options.  That's the difference, which you clearly cannot or will not grasp.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

Iggy has 3 career HR's (2 of which were in the AFL), he's a long way off from Alex Gonzalez with the bat, but Iggy gets the defensive nod. At 22 years old, you have no point at all. One player has completed a full career of work, while the other hasn't even started. I never said that he "needs" more time in AAA to learn to hit .   What I have said is that I understand the reasoning in sending him down to gain experience and work on his hitting , while also securing his services for another season.  I would have been very happy with him being our starting SS and hitting 9th. You should realize how embarrassingly contradicting your comment is. It was never about "working on his hitting for a few months", it was a penny pinching bean counting exercise by Cherry.
    Posted by hankwilliamsjr

I dont think Iggy was sent down to pinch pennies.  These are the guys who threw 13 million at bobby jenks.  Remember, "Cherry" was Theo's right hand man, so while Theo may have been the GM at the time, "Cherry", Luchino, Henry, Werner were involved in the Bobby Jenks decision.

I think Iggy was sent down because Aviles is tearing the cover off the ball and is servicable defensively.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from JB-3. Show JB-3's posts

At 22 years old, you have no point at all. One player has completed a full career of work, while the other hasn't even started

Then why did you make the comparison in the first place?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

I dont think Iggy's demotion had anything to do with his inability to hit.  That would imply that Iggy lost the job, which I dont think was the case. Frankly, I think that Aviles won the job.
    Posted by Drewski5

Maybe, although it was certainly the safe move, and a fiscal one at that. But Aviles is a utlility player and Iglesias the true SS. I think what will happen is that Youk will eventually end up on the DL which willcreate a space for Iggy. Aviles will move to 3B and Youk will moved at the TD.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliamsjr. Show hankwilliamsjr's posts

There isn't a contradiction there.  working on his hitting and needing to work on his hitting are two seperate things.  The Sox FO feels as though his hitting can improve, therefore they're sending him down (in addition to financial imnplications), but I don't think that he NEEDS to improve his hitting to be an improvement over the current Red Sox SS options.  That's the difference, which you clearly cannot or will not grasp.

You are completely incoherent and are unable to grasp clumsy contradictions.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliamsjr. Show hankwilliamsjr's posts

At 22 years old, you have no point at all. One player has completed a full career of work, while the other hasn't even started

Then why did you make the comparison in the first place?

The comparison was that both bring better than butcher and fool's gold hitter Aviles, by virtue of defensive talent. You carped about "only 3 career homers", in a feeble minded attempt to avoid the issue of the reason for the comparison. You then agree with my point, and at the same time claim that "both reasons of working on hitting and money" makes Cherry's bean counting move make sense.

Frankly, I'd rather read Hill's comments about why the Padres won't trade AGon before opening day because they can afford him.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

I dont think Iggy's demotion had anything to do with his inability to hit.  That would imply that Iggy lost the job, which I dont think was the case. Frankly, I think that Aviles won the job.
    Posted by Drewski5

I disagree. If Iggy was hitting .280 (and not with cheap hits), he'd be the starting SS.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

m

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from coachzap. Show coachzap's posts

Posted by hankwilliamsjr

This brings up a good point about how stupid you are Softy. Early in Ells' career you said he would never hit as many homeruns as the slugging Coco Crisp. Now that he has destroyed that theory I will remind you that you said that early while Coco had played several seasons. Hmmmm. You continue to make yourself look stupid. Know what I mean "Jitterbug"? Havent heard that lately.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliamsjr. Show hankwilliamsjr's posts

This brings up a good point about how stupid you are Softy. Early in Ells' career you said he would never hit as many homeruns as the slugging Coco Crisp.

I most certainly never said that. After reading you and others claim that Ellsbury was a Ted Williams like 30 homer a year guy, I said that Ellsbury would be lucky if he hit 31 homers over 2 straight years. I was wrong, Ellsbury, in 2010 and 2011, hit a few more homers than Crisp. But, Ellsbury continues to be inferior to Crisp in defensive talent and effort, and, as I said years ago, Ellsbury and Crisp will end up very comparable on career plate median averages.

That said, Ellsbury's career will end up grossly inferior to Mike Cameron, a thought that horrifies most Red Sox fans.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

This brings up a good point about how stupid you are Softy. Early in Ells' career you said he would never hit as many homeruns as the slugging Coco Crisp. I most certainly never said that. After reading you and others claim that Ellsbury was a Ted Williams like 30 homer a year guy, I said that Ellsbury would be lucky if he hit 31 homers over 2 straight years. I was wrong, Ellsbury, in 2010 and 2011, hit a few more homers than Crisp. But, Ellsbury continues to be inferior to Crisp in defensive talent and effort, and, as I said years ago, Ellsbury and Crisp will end up very comparable on career plate median averages. That said, Ellsbury's career will end up grossly inferior to Mike Cameron, a thought that horrifies most Red Sox fans.
    Posted by hankwilliamsjr

are you off your meds??
     there is a reason jacoby won the gold glove last season & crisp did not.
    Defense: CHECK

Ellsbury was one of the few sure fire hitters in september last season. without him i doubt we would have won any games. Ellsburys 2011 season was the best i've ever seen from a hitter. if i remember correctly with just 1 more SB he would have been the second hitter (*behind vladdie) to belt 200+ hits, 30+ HR, 100+ RBIs, 40+ SB and a .320+ AVG. He is the rightful MVP of 2011
    Effort: CHECK

that being said check out these links and compare coco's and ellsbury's 162 game avg. Jacoby leaves crisp in the dust.

jacoby: http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/e/ellsbja01.shtml

crisp: http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/c/crispco01.shtml

the sox need to do everything they can to hold on to ellsbury. throw the bank at him, give him the crown jewels, let him bang Tom Bradys wife (and sister if thats what he wants). This kid is going to be a superstar no doubt.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliamsjr. Show hankwilliamsjr's posts

Ellsburys 2011 season was the best i've ever seen from a hitter

You are blind.

As for MVP, see a true superstar who carries a team, Kemp. Ellsbury is a product of Pedroia and AGon, who are true stars.

I'll take Crisp, last CF'er to play on an AL East and World Title Red Sox team. He didn't play the "big hop", nor avoid the wall like the plague.

Cameron is a far superior athlete to anything Ellsbury's career will ever be.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

that is the dumbest thing i've ever heard...

Ellsbury's 100+ RBI's did not come from knocking in dusty or A-gone... the only stat of his from 2011 that can be attributed to pedey and gonzo are his runs. Everything else, HRs, doubles, SB, Hits, OBP came from his own doing...

if anything pedey and adrian's numbers should be credited to jacoby. if hes on base those 2 get a steady stream of fastballs to eat up. and he was on base an aweful lot last year. when he wasn't sending 'em over the fence that is.....

Sections
Shortcuts