IGGY has been sent down to AAA... Dad & Bill-806 will be off the board for TWO DAYS in....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Re: IGGY has been sent down to AAA... Dad & Bill-806 will be off the board for TWO DAYS in....

As dad would say: "Son, sometimes you may need to post on the Pawtucket forum for a couple months to hone your skills."

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

Re: IGGY has been sent down to AAA... Dad & Bill-806 will be off the board for TWO DAYS in....

In Response to IGGY has been sent down to AAA... Dad & Bill-806 will be off the board for TWO DAYS in....:
       PROTEST  !!!!!!!!
    Posted by Bill-806

I bet you're fishing off of Cancun ...and have no wifi connection....

Iggy will be back.

BTW...  my late night postings may end.  Shop is going under new management....So my spot is not certain.  (I"m the only one but that doesn't mean a thing in high finance...)

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In Response to Re: IGGY has been sent down to AAA... Dad & Bill-806 will be off the board for TWO DAYS in....:
    In Response to IGGY has been sent down to AAA... Dad & Bill-806 will be off the board for TWO DAYS in.... : I bet you're fishing off of Cancun ...and have no wifi connection.... Iggy will be back. BTW...  my late night postings may end.  Shop is going under new management....So my spot is not certain.  (I"m the only one but that doesn't mean a thing in high finance...)
    Posted by SinceYaz
    Not to worry, he already reneged on that promise.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxpride34. Show redsoxpride34's posts

terrible move by the sox. this move hurts the team in more ways that one. now we lose our best defensive shortstop and lose our best bench player. aviles is a perfect bench guy, plays infield and outfield. now our bench is limited and we have compromised our defense at short. way to go braintrust. this is going to be a long season.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In Response to Re: IGGY has been sent down to AAA... Dad & Bill-806 will be off the board for TWO DAYS in....:
    terrible move by the sox. this move hurts the team in more ways that one. now we lose our best defensive shortstop and lose our best bench player. aviles is a perfect bench guy, plays infield and outfield. now our bench is limited and we have compromised our defense at short. way to go braintrust. this is going to be a long season.
    Posted by redsoxpride34
    Really? You really want a guy in the everyday lineup who is going to hit sub .230 and not draw any walks? I'm glad Theo didn't turn the job over to you.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Teakus. Show Teakus's posts

Hope things work out for you SinceYaz. I know you'll be fine no matter what happens. Just hope they give you some good news soon! Wink

In Response to IGGY has been sent down to AAA... Dad & Bill-806 will be off the board for TWO DAYS in.... : I bet you're fishing off of Cancun ...and have no wifi connection.... Iggy will be back. BTW...  my late night postings may end.  Shop is going under new management....So my spot is not certain.  (I"m the only one but that doesn't mean a thing in high finance...)
    Posted by SinceYaz

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

Hope things work out for you SinceYaz. I know you'll be fine no matter what happens. Just hope they give you some good news soon! In Response to Re: IGGY has been sent down to AAA... Dad & Bill-806 will be off the board for TWO DAYS in
    Posted by Teakus

Thanks Teakus ....

I was JUST thinking of you.  I have a portable speaker system here, with a separate bass and two full range stereo speakers.   I pop it onto my laptop each night and let it rip.  (When the doors are closed.)

A minute ago I just bent over to put up some equipment. This blue light just grabbed my sight.  (on light, of course) I thought, I've seen that color before...your searching eyes!!!

:o)

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

SinceYaz, that is the one of the greatest sig lines ever...kudos!  (And that warning in the commercials is so funny.)

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

As dad would say: "Son, sometimes you may need to post on the Pawtucket forum for a couple months to hone your skills."

Nomination for post of the year.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Really? You really want a guy in the everyday lineup who is going to hit sub .230 and not draw any walks?

I'll take .180 with a .240 OBP, if Iggy holds the opposing teams to a .230 BA with his range, glove and arm.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

Really? You really want a guy in the everyday lineup who is going to hit sub .230 and not draw any walks? I'll take .180 with a .240 OBP, if Iggy holds the opposing teams to a .230 BA with his range, glove and arm.
    Posted by moonslav59

You really think a SS can hold all opposing teams to a 230 BA?  I am not being flippant.  Just curious.  I think their may be other factors in play to an opposing teams BA other than a SS.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

You really think a SS can hold all opposing teams to a 230 BA?  I am not being flippant.  Just curious.  I think their may be other factors in play to an opposing teams BA other than a SS.

Maybe I was pushing it a bit, but we did hold them to .247 last year and our staff should be better this year, and Iggy could help get is close to .230 or .235.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from small-package. Show small-package's posts

Intersting, SS-era could be the new hot metric.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

SinceYaz, that is the one of the greatest sig lines ever...kudos!  (And that warning in the commercials is so funny.)
    Posted by Hfxsoxnut

:oD   Thx Halifax ...

What a way to go, eh?   (If you heart was or wasn't ....)

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

You really think a SS can hold all opposing teams to a 230 BA?  I am not being flippant.  Just curious.  I think their may be other factors in play to an opposing teams BA other than a SS. Maybe I was pushing it a bit, but we did hold them to .247 last year and our staff should be better this year, and Iggy could help get is close to .230 or .235.
    Posted by moonslav59

Point taken.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

HE CAN'T HIT!!! That's the joke ... He is a pro baseball player and he barely hits his wieght. The biggest joke here is all of you people on here crying and whining because he was sent down. He isn't ready and honestly, he may never be ready to be an everyday MLB short stop if he doesn't figure out how to hit. Sorry, .250 at AAA and .200 in spring shows this guy sucks out loud with a bat in his hand. until that changes he doesn't deserve to be in the Majors. In Response to Re: IGGY has been sent down to AAA... Dad & Bill-806 will be off the board for TWO DAYS in.... :
    Posted by gibba192471

I think Sweeney, Shoppach, and Youk are all hitting around .200 this Spring, as is Papi.
    One thing he does do is put the ball in play......just 3 K's in 25 AB's.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In Response to Re: IGGY has been sent down to AAA... Dad & Bill-806 will be off the board for TWO DAYS in.... : I think Sweeney, Shoppach, and Youk are all hitting around .200 this Spring, as is Papi. One thing he does do is put the ball in play......just 3 K's in 25 AB's.
    Posted by Alibiike

Are you being serious?  All of those guys have shown they can hit.  Iggy hit 235 with 10 extra base hits all last year  Papi and youk dont have to show they can hit in spring training.  wow.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from tommy3123. Show tommy3123's posts

I always enjoyed watching Orlando Cabrera or Alex Gonzalez play the field, and I think Iggy has potential to be as good as them fielding. His bat is worrying everyone but the question I have is would you rather watch a Cabrera/Gonzalez player or a Scutaro/Aviles player? Ill take the defense 10/10 times.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from lowelll. Show lowelll's posts

The move was mostly about long term financing but the FO obviously can't come out and say this publicly. He'll be brought up along with Lavarnway in June.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Teakus. Show Teakus's posts

Haha! Yes....I am ever vigilant. I'm very happy to see you're keeping a stiff upper lip! The Nation is stronger with veteran members such as yourself, and all the wisdom you bring here. Have an excellent day sir!

In Response to Re: IGGY has been sent down to AAA... Dad & Bill-806 will be off the board for TWO DAYS in.... : Thanks Teakus ....     I was JUST thinking of you.  I have a portable speaker system here, with a separate bass and two full range stereo speakers.   I pop it onto my laptop each night and let it rip.  (When the doors are closed.)   A minute ago I just bent over to put up some equipment. This blue light just grabbed my sight.  (on light, of course) I thought, I've seen that color before...your searching eyes!!!   :o)
    Posted by SinceYaz

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

I always enjoyed watching Orlando Cabrera or Alex Gonzalez play the field, and I think Iggy has potential to be as good as them fielding. His bat is worrying everyone but the question I have is would you rather watch a Cabrera/Gonzalez player or a Scutaro/Aviles player? Ill take the defense 10/10 times.
    Posted by tommy3123

It's fun watching defense too!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from expitch. Show expitch's posts

Youkilis is slowing down and may in fact be breaking up. If he goes on the DL, Iglesias will be recalled and Aviles will move to third. Ideally, a third baseman should have more pop than does Aviles ( someone, say, like Beltre ), but Aviles is a tough out and has decent power. 
    Obviously the Sox would prefer to leave Iglesias in AAA until June, but an injury to Youkilis would change the script. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TBINFL. Show TBINFL's posts

Intersting, SS-era could be the new hot metric.
    Posted by small-package

Now that's funny.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from lowelll. Show lowelll's posts

Haha! Yes....I am ever vigilant. I'm very happy to see you're keeping a stiff upper lip! The Nation is stronger with veteran members such as yourself, and all the wisdom you bring here. Have an excellent day sir! In Response to Re: IGGY has been sent down to AAA... Dad & Bill-806 will be off the board for TWO DAYS in.... :
    Posted by Teakus

Keep fumigating the trolls Teakus. Love your work here.

Sections
Shortcuts