IGGY has been sent down to AAA... Dad & Bill-806 will be off the board for TWO DAYS in....

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

Re: IGGY has been sent down to AAA... Dad & Bill-806 will be off the board for TWO DAYS in....

In Response to IGGY has been sent down to AAA... Dad & Bill-806 will be off the board for TWO DAYS in....:
    [QUOTE]   PROTEST  !!!!!!!!
    Posted by Bill-806[/QUOTE]

Join up with Occupy Wall Street and bring this to their attention Tongue out

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

Re: IGGY has been sent down to AAA... Dad & Bill-806 will be off the board for TWO DAYS in....

In Response to IGGY has been sent down to AAA... Dad & Bill-806 will be off the board for TWO DAYS in....:

He's only 22. Give him some more at bats in triple A.

Because of his offense, Alives is the better option, right now.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from lowelll. Show lowelll's posts

The Red Sox today optioned first baseman Lars Anderson and shortstop Jose Iglesias to Triple-A Pawtucket.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TBINFL. Show TBINFL's posts

I don't think 2 days is long enough....try 2 years.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Teakus. Show Teakus's posts

I understand your frustration pal. But the good news is that Lava is still around! I'd give Iggy's body another year to mature bro. But Lavarnway's ready NOW. I hope he stays up and they deal Shoppach. My best to ya dad hombre!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

The chances of Iglasias making the team was slim to none and agree with this move. He needs more time to develop in the minors, especially after missing the second half of last season, due to injury.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from lowelll. Show lowelll's posts

The move makes the most sense from a long term financial situation ( delaying the start of the FA and arbitration clocks) for a year. Bring him up in June. From a selfish point of view, I would have enjoyed watching him play SS.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TBINFL. Show TBINFL's posts

In Response to Re: IGGY has been sent down to AAA... Dad & Bill-806 will be off the board for TWO DAYS in....:
    [QUOTE]The move makes the most sense from a long term financial situation ( delaying the start of the FA and arbitration clocks) for a year. Bring him up in June. From a selfish point of view, I would have enjoyed watching him play SS.
    Posted by lowelll[/QUOTE]

That's a laugh, you don't watch baseball.

Until 3 days ago you thought SS meant strong safety.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

It was inevitable. He may well be our shortstop before the year is over.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliamsjr. Show hankwilliamsjr's posts

Though not as expensive an act of bean counter idiocy as Crawford, this monetary penny pinching procedural move is pure stupidity!

Aviles stinks and will be in a dumpster in the near future. Meanwhile, games in April and May, just as critical as September, will pass by without a truly gifted and natural defensive SS.

"He needs more time to develop in AAA" is true meaningless cowardice. He should start from opening day on.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSF4Life234. Show RSF4Life234's posts

In Response to Re: IGGY has been sent down to AAA... Dad & Bill-806 will be off the board for TWO DAYS in....:
    [QUOTE]Though not as expensive an act of bean counter idiocy as Crawford, this monetary penny pinching procedural move is pure stupidity! Aviles stinks and will be in a dumpster in the near future. Meanwhile, games in April and May, just as critical as September, will pass by without a truly gifted and natural defensive SS. "He needs more time to develop in AAA" is true meaningless cowardice. He should start from opening day on.
    Posted by hankwilliamsjr[/QUOTE]

Aviles is going to supprise some people. He has just as good of a bat if not better the scutaro and has more range. To me just looks like an upgrade over what they already had, why not let the young kid spend some more time in the minors HES ONLY 22.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: IGGY has been sent down to AAA... Dad & Bill-806 will be off the board for TWO DAYS in.... : Aviles is going to supprise some people. He has just as good of a bat if not better the scutaro and has more range. To me just looks like an upgrade over what they already had, why not let the young kid spend some more time in the minors HES ONLY 22.
    Posted by RSF4Life234[/QUOTE]

I agree. And Aviles has a good arm. He's an acceptable short-term solution.

Softy is right. Games in April and May are important, which is why you don't put a kid who can't hit yet in the lineup before he's ready.

Softy is a bit of a hypocrite, but we all knew that anyway. He complained for years how players like Ellsbury or Lowrie were handed jobs and didn't earn anything, yet he wants Iggy handed a job he hasn't earned yet.

BILL: I thought the goal in the Bobby V. was to play the best players, not play the players with the biggest signing bonus

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Bill-806 take a week or two off... we support you.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomnev. Show tomnev's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: IGGY has been sent down to AAA... Dad & Bill-806 will be off the board for TWO DAYS in.... : Aviles is going to supprise some people. He has just as good of a bat if not better the scutaro and has more range. To me just looks like an upgrade over what they already had, why not let the young kid spend some more time in the minors HES ONLY 22.
    Posted by RSF4Life234[/QUOTE]
    I agree that Aviles will be better than most people think, but I also am of the opinion that this pitching staff needs the best possible defensive shortstop out there, especially with Youks limited range....Bobby V thinks this too, but this was his compromise to Ben C. I am also of the opinion that the only way Iggy his going to get better at hitting Major League pitching is to hit against Major League pitching, with Major league instruction and Major league teammate examples...when we call him up(and we will eventually), I guarantee he will be the same hitter as he is today.....which in ST he showed some bat control, the ability to bunt and move runners over...speed....and probably a .230 or so BA....which with our offense and his defense his probably more than enough for now.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: IGGY has been sent down to AAA... Dad & Bill-806 will be off the board for TWO DAYS in.... : I agree that Aviles will be better than most people think, but I also am of the opinion that this pitching staff needs the best possible defensive shortstop out there, especially with Youks limited range....Bobby V thinks this too, but this was his compromise to Ben C. I am also of the opinion that the only way Iggy his going to get better at hitting Major League pitching is to hit against Major League pitching, with Major league instruction and Major league teammate examples...when we call him up(and we will eventually), I guarantee he will be the same hitter as he is today.....which in ST he showed some bat control, the ability to bunt and move runners over...speed....and probably a .230 or so BA....which with our offense and his defense his probably more than enough for now.
    Posted by tomnev[/QUOTE]

I agree that Aviles will be better than most people think, but I also am of the opinion that this pitching staff needs the best possible defensive shortstop out there, especially with Youks limited range.

Agree, but the SS has to have some sort of ability at the plate. I agree, he showed some improvement this spring with bat control, which is all the more reason go give him a bit more time to develop. I think it's still to early simply to write him off as being simply a .230 hitter. 

I am also of the opinion that the only way Iggy his going to get better at hitting Major League pitching is to hit against Major League pitching, with Major league instruction and Major league teammate examples.

I disagree here. There's a reason why guys start in the minors. The minors are for learning, the majors for tweaking. In Pawtucket, Iggy can get more personalized instruction. And facing Major League pitching before he's ready will hurt, not help. If he's overmatched, he's not learning anything. It's like putting smart student, who excels in history, in Algebra II before he takes Algebra I. He might eventually learn and catch up with everyone else, but in the meantime, he's getting F's. Or he might get frustrated and he'll start struggling in history too because he's so concerned about Algebra II. If he's reliving his at-bats when he's in the field, which does happen to players sometimes, that could hurt his defense.

Maybe taking what he's learned so far and working on it some more in the minors with no pressure on him will be the best for him right now and allow him to grow into more than just a .230 hitter. He did decent at the lower level before he was injured in 2010, so with the proper patience, he very well might develop into more than just a decent major league hitter.

If he starts in the majors, there's going to be a lot of pressure on him. If he's not ready, it could cost the Sox games  now as well as stunting his development.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomnev. Show tomnev's posts

[QUOTE] I disagree here. There's a reason why guys start in the minors. The minors are for learning, the majors for tweaking. In Pawtucket, Iggy can get more personalized instruction.

If we were talking about A ball or AA, but I guarantee there is more time for instruction at the Major League level than at Pawtucket, plus he gets the guidance and advice from established Major League hitters, like Pedroia. Even without hitting, sitting on the bench and watching ML pitching and getting advice about their tendencies and weaknesses would be invaluable.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from FLACFAN. Show FLACFAN's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: IGGY has been sent down to AAA... Dad & Bill-806 will be off the board for TWO DAYS in.... : I agree that Aviles will be better than most people think, but I also am of the opinion that this pitching staff needs the best possible defensive shortstop out there, especially with Youks limited range....Bobby V thinks this too, but this was his compromise to Ben C. I am also of the opinion that the only way Iggy his going to get better at hitting Major League pitching is to hit against Major League pitching, with Major league instruction and Major league teammate examples...when we call him up(and we will eventually), I guarantee he will be the same hitter as he is today.....which in ST he showed some bat control, the ability to bunt and move runners over...speed....and probably a .230 or so BA....which with our offense and his defense his probably more than enough for now.
    Posted by tomnev[/QUOTE]

I saw Iggy play yesterday vs. Phillies.  He was like a vacuum during the game and infield warmups.  I was suprised he wasn't more flashy though.  He just has all the necessary parts: good glove, speed and strong arm.  Both he and Cody Ross looked good throwing out a runner trying to score from first.

He was fooled on a few changeup breakers, but he managed to reach three times including a hard hit single.  I agree he can just as easily learn to hit while playing SS for the parent club.  He can get a lot of good info and tips from the big boys and their coaches.  He would have a lot of eyes on him during BP.
    Sorry to see him go down.  The good news he is still only 22.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from 111SoxFan111. Show 111SoxFan111's posts

Okay so Iggy won't be on the opening day roster.  Any word on that other kid half the board has been talking about ... Inglesias?  I heard he's REEEL good Tongue Out

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

Some of these posts that agree that sending Iglesias down was the right move are downright ludicrous.
    Aviles is notheing more than a utility guy playing a position that is not his natural. Our defense last year was horrid and once again, we likely have the weakest left side in all of baseball.
    Youk is mediocre at 3B, so it would make more sense to have a speedster and a defensive wizard to take up the slack at SS. The hits he would take away will outweigh the hits that Aviles may get, and I think that Iglesias wouldn't hit that much below Aviles anyway.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: IGGY has been sent down to AAA... Dad & Bill-806 will be off the board for TWO DAYS in.... :  I agree that Aviles will be better than most people think, but I also am of the opinion that this pitching staff needs the best possible defensive shortstop out there, especially with Youks limited range. Agree, but the SS has to have some sort of ability at the plate. I agree, he showed some improvement this spring with bat control, which is all the more reason go give him a bit more time to develop. I think it's still to early simply to write him off as being simply a .230 hitter.  I am also of the opinion that the only way Iggy his going to get better at hitting Major League pitching is to hit against Major League pitching, with Major league instruction and Major league teammate examples. I disagree here. There's a reason why guys start in the minors. The minors are for learning, the majors for tweaking. In Pawtucket, Iggy can get more personalized instruction. And facing Major League pitching before he's ready will hurt, not help. If he's overmatched, he's not learning anything. It's like putting smart student, who excels in history, in Algebra II before he takes Algebra I. He might eventually learn and catch up with everyone else, but in the meantime, he's getting F's. Or he might get frustrated and he'll start struggling in history too because he's so concerned about Algebra II. If he's reliving his at-bats when he's in the field, which does happen to players sometimes, that could hurt his defense. Maybe taking what he's learned so far and working on it some more in the minors with no pressure on him will be the best for him right now and allow him to grow into more than just a .230 hitter. He did decent at the lower level before he was injured in 2010, so with the proper patience, he very well might develop into more than just a decent major league hitter. If he starts in the majors, there's going to be a lot of pressure on him. If he's not ready, it could cost the Sox games  now as well as stunting his development.
    Posted by royf19[/QUOTE]

as always, cue Roy to be wrong about Iggy and Aviles..once again towing the party line and doing his bootlicking best to back management...Aviles is a donkey....that this hands of stone with the limited range would be given the nod to start the toughest position on the field this season is a disgrace...and considering that Youk is almost as bad (better hands, worse range) a left side of our infield will be a laughingstock....Iggy could have carried Youk with his range...Aviles will only burden him...Iggy needs to hit ML pitchers, not AAA...this is about money and Softy is 100% correct...We traded Scutaro to replace him with a guy with both less range and experience at the position? Really?

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

Have Iggy call Omar Vizquel...kid needs to build some confidence in the minors, he will be up soon...

Sections
Shortcuts