Iggy is once again showing us why he deserves to be starting...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from chickenandboose. Show chickenandboose's posts

Iggy is once again showing us why he deserves to be starting...

This doesn't include tonights stats, but Iggy does have 2 more hits, and Drew is 0 for 2...

Drew's 2013 stats PA 203 Hits - 41!

In his last 36 at bats Drew has strucked out 14 times while walking only 2 times! Nice K/W ratio bro...

Iggy's 2013 stats PA - 83 - Hits  33!

In his last 28 at bats our man Iggy aka the future 15 gold glove winner has strucked out 2 times, and has walked 5 times. Which means he has quality at bats.

Iggy also has a little higher WAR, but isn't fair since Iggy DWAR is extremely low...

Unless Iggy goes 0 for 120 it's clear who deserves to be starting. It's a shame that all the kool-aid drinkers on here want Drew over Iggy. I think the color of his skin is the reason behind this... Darn, Crawford was right.

#Don't judge people by their skin, but by their skills.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Re: Iggy is once again showing us why he deserves to be starting...

The team is winning with or without Iglesias, and I think a part of the winning is team chemistry, especially among the veterans.  Dumping Drew right now could affect that chemistry.  With Ciriaco gone, Iglesias is in Boston for the duration, and that's where he wants to be whether or not he is starting at 3B or SS. 

FWIW, as good as the hitting is, I thought you were going to mention that throw in I think the 7th or 8th inning tonight.  Iglesias went to his left and knocked down a grounder and had to turn back to pick it up and then had to get rid of the ball very, very quickly.  It was a blur, and the throw was dead on target.  This kid is special. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to maxbialystock's comment:

The team is winning with or without Iglesias, and I think a part of the winning is team chemistry, especially among the veterans.  Dumping Drew right now could affect that chemistry.  With Ciriaco gone, Iglesias is in Boston for the duration, and that's where he wants to be whether or not he is starting at 3B or SS. 

FWIW, as good as the hitting is, I thought you were going to mention that throw in I think the 7th or 8th inning tonight.  Iglesias went to his left and knocked down a grounder and had to turn back to pick it up and then had to get rid of the ball very, very quickly.  It was a blur, and the throw was dead on target.  This kid is special. 

I seriously doubt that Drew has been a big part of the "chemistry" of this team. He's new to the team, missed some time, and has not done that well so far. Maybe Ciriaco had more to do with our clubhouse chemistry than Drew.

The kid just keeps on going and going...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

In response to moonslav59's comment:

In response to maxbialystock's comment:

[QUOTE]

I seriously doubt that Drew has been a big part of the "chemistry" of this team. He's new to the team, missed some time, and has not done that well so far. Maybe Ciriaco had more to do with our clubhouse chemistry than Drew.

The kid just keeps on going and going...

[/QUOTE]

Ciriaco??!!  Hard to see him contributing anything this year other than errors.  I've only read that Gomes was good inthe clubhouse.  My point is that this is a veteran club that wants to win this year and that roots for each other, even for Bailey when he blows a save.

Drew is new, but he is definitely part of the plan to change the mindset from last year.  So are Farrell, Vic, Napoli, Gomes, Carp, Ross, Dempster, Nieves, et al.  Drew might get traded, but right now he is a better choice than Ciriaco.  And he is a veteran who deserves some respect and is getting it.  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Ciriaco??!!  Hard to see him contributing anything this year other than errors.  I've only read that Gomes was good inthe clubhouse.  My point is that this is a veteran club that wants to win this year and that roots for each other, even for Bailey when he blows a save.

I was half joking, but the whole "chemistry" thing is hard to pinpoint.

Drew is new, but he is definitely part of the plan to change the mindset from last year.  

Perhaps, but it's hard to attribute a significant part of the chemsitry changeover to Drew.

So are Farrell, Vic, Napoli, Gomes, Carp, Ross, Dempster, Nieves, et al.  Drew might get traded, but right now he is a better choice than Ciriaco.  And he is a veteran who deserves some respect and is getting it.  

By playing him over Iggy?

I think it's time to play Iggy everyday, until he proves he doesn't deserve it. Time to show him some respect. Time to put the best team out there, before the seeds of discontent are planted.

Sox4ever

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to BurritoT-'s comment:

Eventually when Iggy goes 0-15 and his batting average takes a nose dive BurritoT will not be one of those calling for his head. I am not one of those who also call all of his hits "soft" or "lucky". What he has shown is that he can indeed hit the ball, get on base, make things happen. Slump or Long hitting streaks will come and go.... Iggy belongs in MLB as an everyday short-stop.

Iggy needs to play everyday for his defense. The hitting is just a plus, and lately it's been a huge plus. 

With Middlebrooks and Drew struggling at the plate, it's a no brainer to play Iggy nearly everyday.

(BTW, I'm not for benching Iggy if he goes 0-15. I'm for playing him FT even if he hits .240 or less. His defense is THAT GOOD!)

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Many posters thought that , with his defense , Iglesias would be a terrific shortstop if he could hit .240 -  .250.  Well , he is hitting an incredible .450 , and some still don't want to give him the job. What is the problem here ?  People are unwilling to let go of their opinions and preconceived notions, and just deal with the reality of the situation. It is hard to watch Iglesias sit while Drew plays short and Middlebrooks plays third. Now , if Iglesias production falls off drastically , you sit or demote him. No problem with that. But for now , there is absolutely no reason why he should not be in the lineup every day. 

Stabbed by Foulke.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

I found it is the self-ordained positive poster, the non-hater poster types that are downplaying Iggy's performance.  They are likely the same ones who support and praise every move Theo or Ben make.  They will call for Drew to play until the day the manager or general manager announce Iggy is the starting short-stop going forward.

Or, play Drew against lefties, like most of the "non-haters" have been saying.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

If Iggy keeps this up, and Drew plays like he has the last two weeks then we will likely trade Drew for something valuable and get Iggy at SS.

Why are we complaining again?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to ThefourBs' comment:

I found it is the self-ordained positive poster, the non-hater poster types that are downplaying Iggy's performance.  They are likely the same ones who support and praise every move Theo or Ben make.  They will call for Drew to play until the day the manager or general manager announce Iggy is the starting short-stop going forward.

Or, play Drew against lefties, like most of the "non-haters" have been saying.

Why play Drew vs LHPs? That's setting him up on a platter for the "haters".

Setting him up to fail.

Drew bats left-handed. His splits are:

vs LHPs: .652 (.696 career)

vs RHPs: .748 (.782 career)

There in lies the problem. Drew is supposed to be the better hitter vs RHPs, and we face RHPs about 65% of the time. That makes Iggy a part-time SS, if you believe the larger sample size numbers and don't believe that a great fielding SS (Iggy) should play over a mediocre or slightly above average one (Drew).

Iggy career in MLB:

vs LHPs: .854

vs RHPs: .688

However, vs RHPs this year, Iggy is at 1.036 in 56 PAs. That's about 300 points higher than Drew this year or over his career. Hard to ignore despite the sample size arguments.

The other option is to play Iggy at SS vs LHPs and at 3B vs almost all RHPs. That way, he plays nearly every game, Drew plays vs RHPs over Middlebrooks, at least until Middy shows signs of coming to life, and Middlebrooks plays only about 40% of the games (35% vs LHPs plus a handful of games vs RHPs).

I'm all for playing Iggy FT. I've held this position since the ST of 2012. Now that he is hitting lights out, it is a crime to sit him more than a normal FT'er sits.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Iggy has been better than Drew.

Drew has been better than Middlebrooks.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

In response to darrylfries' comment:

In response to ctredsoxfanhugh's comment:

[QUOTE]

If Iggy keeps this up, and Drew plays like he has the last two weeks then we will likely trade Drew for something valuable and get Iggy at SS.

Why are we complaining again?

Do they ever stop.

Iggy wiil get his ABs filling in for Drew and Middlebrooks. No one knows if Middlebrooks will rebound to last year or continue to play poorly at bat and on the field. Were leading the division and Drew will not be traded untill Will proves himself if then. Right now our best team probably is Drew at SS and Iggy at 3rd. I hope this changes we need Middlebrooks power in the middle of he lineup.

Not a Drew lover but guess who is leading the AL in fielding at SS.

Guess

[/QUOTE]

Drew has had good defense in the past, it has been horrible lately.  There was this theory that a full year removed from an injury could COULD mean he would have good defense.  I'm going to go with Drew.

The problem is every ball that gets by him will result in the "Iggy would have got that" mantra.  But did anyone see two baseball get past Pedroia by an inch on Monday night??? Don't get me wrong I think Pedroia is one of the best 2nd baseman in the league and no one might have got those balls BUT if Iggy was a 2nd Baseman and people didn't like Pedroia all you would've heard tuesday morning was how Iggy would of gotten to those balls.

We all know Iggy is better defensively, and is making ample strides at the plate.  We also know that Drew will not be here for much longer, be it a month or 4 months.  Drew has been much better with the bat lately and is a good hitter with RISP (especially with 2 outs) 

People can argue this all they want in their hate for Drew, I bring it up only because I think he has real trade value and if Iggy keeps it up he might solidify his role as a starting short stop.  My defense of Drew is NOT because I chose him over Iggy....

but I'm not going to sit here and complain about Drew playing shortstop that is just ridiculous. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

Iggy better start tonight at SS.  

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

In response to seannybboi's comment:

and what are the consequences of him not starting?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ergoetal. Show Ergoetal's posts

"Drew has been much better with the bat lately and is a good hitter with RISP (especially with 2 outs)."

Is he really?  Have you got some comparative stats?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from chickenandboose. Show chickenandboose's posts

I truly feel like this team, and at least half the fan base doesn't want Iggy to succed... 

I could only pray that next season Iggy gets a real chance, and if not trade him to a team that will be grateful for his skills. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from chickenandboose. Show chickenandboose's posts

In response to ctredsoxfanhugh's comment:

In response to seannybboi's comment:

[QUOTE]

and what are the consequences of him not starting?

[/QUOTE]

No chicken and beer? 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

In response to Ergoetal's comment:

"Drew has been much better with the bat lately and is a good hitter with RISP (especially with 2 outs)."

do your own research.  His numbers improve with RISP and in clutch situations, they look decent not great. but that was due to his slow start.  

I'm an advocate for starting Iglesias and trading Drew I'm merely pointing out that people who think Drew s*** have incompetent baseball minds. 

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

In response to Ergoetal's comment:

Here are some simple stats.  Drew has 26 RBI in 52 games.  That would be 81 RBI in 162 games.  And he hits in the bottom of the order.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

In response to chickenandboose's comment:

This doesn't include tonights stats, but Iggy does have 2 more hits, and Drew is 0 for 2...

Drew's 2013 stats PA 203 Hits - 41!

In his last 36 at bats Drew has strucked out 14 times while walking only 2 times! Nice K/W ratio bro...

Iggy's 2013 stats PA - 83 - Hits  33!

In his last 28 at bats our man Iggy aka the future 15 gold glove winner has strucked out 2 times, and has walked 5 times. Which means he has quality at bats.

Iggy also has a little higher WAR, but isn't fair since Iggy DWAR is extremely low...

Unless Iggy goes 0 for 120 it's clear who deserves to be starting. It's a shame that all the kool-aid drinkers on here want Drew over Iggy. I think the color of his skin is the reason behind this... Darn, Crawford was right.

#Don't judge people by their skin, but by their skills.

But Drew is playing better than Middlebrooks...I agree Iggy has to play until he proves he cant but Middlebrooks has been horrible this year. HIs OPS is 628.  Drew has an OPS of 718.

Iggy and Drew should start with Middlebrooks getting a start here and there until he shows he can be productive again.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomnev. Show tomnev's posts

In response to dgalehouse's comment:

Many posters thought that , with his defense , Iglesias would be a terrific shortstop if he could hit .240 -  .250.  Well , he is hitting an incredible .450 , and some still don't want to give him the job. What is the problem here ?  People are unwilling to let go of their opinions and preconceived notions, and just deal with the reality of the situation. It is hard to watch Iglesias sit while Drew plays short and Middlebrooks plays third. Now , if Iglesias production falls off drastically , you sit or demote him. No problem with that. But for now , there is absolutely no reason why he should not be in the lineup every day. 

Stabbed by Foulke.

++1

Iggy needs to be in the lineup....just for his defense.....his offense his a bonus. Drew can get plenty of time as a Utility guy, only that when we play him we put him a SS and move Iggy to 3b or 2b.......as for playing Drew instead of Middlebrooks.....Middlebrooks has been feeling the Sophomore jinx, but he needs to play to be able to make the adjustments to the adjustments pitchers have made against him,...he has afuture with the team, Drew doesnt, plus even with his slow start he a) has more power potential than Drew and offers more lineup protection than Drew....no Manager is worried about Drew in the On Deck Circle....where as they would worry about bringing up Middlebrooks as the tying run due to his ability to hit the ball out.