1. You have chosen to ignore posts from chickenandboose. Show chickenandboose's posts

Re: Iggy is once again showing us why he deserves to be starting...

Drew with another 0-4 while Iggy roots away in the bench.

Drew's OPS is now barely over .700

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Thanks to the OP we insiders now realize how deeply flawed the manager is.  As long as Farrell keeps his job, the Sox will continue to be mired in first place. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

With all the moaning and groaning about Drew's BA, why doesn't anybody notice how rock-steady his defense has been.  For a shortstop, one error at this point in the season is remarkable.  For more advanced metrics, FanGraphs has his UZR/150 at +24.2 runs. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from garyhow. Show garyhow's posts

This sounds like the same stuff as when people started complaning about Ellsbury in the lead off spot, don't hear that anymore. Players have track records and usually by end of season they are back to ther norms, season is long and players go hot and cold. Anyone that thinks Iggy is better hitter than Drew is on something. While Iggy's current hot steak is nice, he's always shown himself to be a sub 250 hitter, 280 for season would be great but doubtful. If you want to make argument for Iggy it has to start w/ defense. For his career I have a hard time believing Iggy will ever put up offensive #'s in a season that Drew has in the past. I hope he does but his track record says no, but w/ his defense they dont have to to be a great SS.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from chickenandboose. Show chickenandboose's posts

Iggy!!!! 2 for 4!!! 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Iggy is 3 for 3 when bunting for a hit this year. It's a lost art. Nice to see a throwback player like Iggy doing well.

Sox4ever

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from chickenandboose. Show chickenandboose's posts

IGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!! FUEGOO!!!!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from chickenandboose. Show chickenandboose's posts

IIGGYY IGGY CAN'T YOU SEE! You are the best shortstop that I have ever seen!!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

The thing about Iggy is this.  Even when he regresses (and it's going to happen). He's going to do all those intangiblglitch at don't show up on a stat sheet.  I'm not just talking about his glove; Iggys is going to break up DP's, go from 1st to 3rd on a single etc etc.  I think his hit tool will be good enough too where he will be a fringe .300 slap hitter! Maybe not every year but I think he canbe that guy in several years.  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from chickenandboose. Show chickenandboose's posts

Iggy once again with a 2 hit night ;) 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Even if Iggy was hitting .250 right now, he'd "deserve to play" the way Drew and Middlebrooks are looking right now.

.438!

WOW!

Sox4ever

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

It's appearing (and I hope I'm right about this) that Iggy is now the starting "Left side of the IF'er" and where he plays depends on who sits that day. 

Whether his BA is sustainable or not, he's still the best glove on that side of the IF and it's not as if the other two guys are beating down the door to make the case that they're better offensively.  Playing him has now become a no-brainer.

Having the right to do something doesn't make it the right thing to do.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Please explain to me how Boras suckered the Sox into signing another Drew for even one year? No offense,no defense WTH! Two ground balls last night in the first inning go by him and now your rookie pitcher is scared too make a mistake! This is the same type of defense Lugo used too play! Except he would at least make the I can't get there dive! Iggy gets both of those grounders, I'm sorry but if Boras can find a sucker for Drew why can't Cherrington? Go bold Sox management trade Drew, send Middlebrooks back to the minors. Either bring up Brock Holt or Xander Bogaerts. Put Iggy in at SS and quit worrying about your defense up the middle for several years!!!!! If you think I'm nuts that's O.K. because I'd rather be nuts than just plain stupid, and that's what the brass in Boston look like everytime they send Drew out too play SS knowing full well he is below average at everything except watching pitches go by without swinging and watching grounders go by without fielding them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimedfred. Show jimedfred's posts

He has earned at  least the BOZO part. Bogaerts just got to AAA, Holt hasn't shown anything, if anyone might come up to play 3b it would be Brandon Snyder...necessitating a roster addition.

Plus after last year's .118 batting average by Iggy, Cherrington would have been CRUCIFIED for not bringing in a shortstop gap-filler during the offseason.  Anyone who can honestly say they predicted Iglesias would hit even .280 this year, feel free to chime in.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

In response to sportsbozo1's comment:

Please explain to me how Boras suckered the Sox into signing another Drew for even one year? No offense, no defense WTH! Two ground balls last night in the first inning go by him and now your rookie pitcher is scared too make a mistake! This is the same type of defense Lugo used too play! Except he would at least make the I can't get there dive! Iggy gets both of those grounders, I'm sorry but if Boras can find a sucker for Drew why can't Cherrington? Go bold Sox management trade Drew, send Middlebrooks back to the minors. Either bring up Brock Holt or Xander Bogaerts. Put Iggy in at SS and quit worrying about your defense up the middle for several years!!!!! If you think I'm nuts that's O.K. because I'd rather be nuts than just plain stupid, and that's what the brass in Boston look like everytime they send Drew out too play SS knowing full well he is below average at everything except watching pitches go by without swinging and watching grounders go by without fielding them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stephen Drew leads all qualified MLB shortstops in UZR/150* this season:   http://www.fangraphs.com/leaders.aspx?pos=ss&stats=fld&lg=all&qual=y&type=1&season=2013&month=0&season1=2013&ind=0&team= 0&rost=0&age=0&filter=&players=0&sort=24,d

Drew ranks 11th among all qualified MLB shortstops in WAR** this season:

http://www.fangraphs.com/leaders.aspx?pos=ss&stats=bat&lg=all&qual=y&type=8&season=2013&month=0&season1=2013&ind=0&team=0&rost=0&age=0&filter=&players=0

* Ultimate Zone Rating "is an advanced defensive metric that uses play-by-play data recorded by Baseball Info Solutions (BIS) to estimate each fielder’s defensive contribution in theoretical runs above or below an average fielder at his position in that player’s league and year," according the the FanGraphs glossary

** Wins Above Replacement as reported at FanGraphs

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to sportsbozo1's comment:

Please explain to me how Boras suckered the Sox into signing another Drew for even one year? No offense,no defense WTH! Two ground balls last night in the first inning go by him and now your rookie pitcher is scared too make a mistake! This is the same type of defense Lugo used too play! Except he would at least make the I can't get there dive! Iggy gets both of those grounders, I'm sorry but if Boras can find a sucker for Drew why can't Cherrington? Go bold Sox management trade Drew, send Middlebrooks back to the minors. Either bring up Brock Holt or Xander Bogaerts. Put Iggy in at SS and quit worrying about your defense up the middle for several years!!!!! If you think I'm nuts that's O.K. because I'd rather be nuts than just plain stupid, and that's what the brass in Boston look like everytime they send Drew out too play SS knowing full well he is below average at everything except watching pitches go by without swinging and watching grounders go by without fielding them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yes, red sox management and managers are stupid and you are smarter than them...You dont overreact and post emotional impulse posts over one game or one play. You should lead this team to the WS. Why they havent noticed your, balanced, well thought out, level-headed  baseball brilliance yet is beyond me.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

In response to jimedfred's comment:

He has earned at  least the BOZO part. Bogaerts just got to AAA, Holt hasn't shown anything, if anyone might come up to play 3b it would be Brandon Snyder...necessitating a roster addition.

Plus after last year's .118 batting average by Iggy, Cherrington would have been CRUCIFIED for not bringing in a shortstop gap-filler during the offseason.  Anyone who can honestly say they predicted Iglesias would hit even .280 this year, feel free to chime in.

+1

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to chickenandboose's comment:

Iggy once again with a 2 hit night ;) 

How is he able to do this, if he's "rooting away" on the bench?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

Nice call Don