Iggy looks like belongs at 3B

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

Iggy looks like belongs at 3B

I have to admit Iggy at 3B, Drew at SS and Pede at 2B gives us one heck of a defensive IF.  Middy really needs to learn some plate discipline or Bogy may be the regular SS with Iggy at 3B at some point. 

On a seperate note:  The one thing I would have changed in the 2nd game would be to have Carp in LF and to sit Gomes against the RHP, but because I said this watch Gomes get a big hit.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimedfred. Show jimedfred's posts

Re: Iggy looks like belongs at 3B

Think maybe Carp still resting hammy. Otherwise no sense playing Gomes vs. a r/h pitcher.

Iglesias would always play ss over Bogaerts I think, at least once Xander learns the 3b  position. X-Box is 6'3" and gone from 185 to 205 in a year. NOT going to stay at ss for very long.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dustcover. Show dustcover's posts

In response to craze4sox's comment:

I have to admit Iggy at 3B, Drew at SS and Pede at 2B gives us one heck of a defensive IF.  Middy really needs to learn some plate discipline or Bogy may be the regular SS with Iggy at 3B at some point. 

On a seperate note:  The one thing I would have changed in the 2nd game would be to have Carp in LF and to sit Gomes against the RHP, but because I said this watch Gomes get a big hit.

I concur, Carp in LF.  However, I still envision Iggy at SS (he's such a natural) with Bogaerts at 3B.  And did you see Iggy take two breaking balls for quick strikes and then come back from being down 0-2 and got the infield single up the middle to set up 1st & 3rd with one out.  That's plate discipline and damn good hitting.  I just love what this kid brings to the game.  Too bad Els who has been hot wasn't able to capitalize.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from HankukSox. Show HankukSox's posts

Maybe....  Just maybe, it is time to consider seeing where WMB can play and moving him between 1st, 3rd, and DH until he can (if he can) find his swing (basically as a backup IF/DH).  It's a tough choice though.  Part of me says he needs to play every day if he is going to break out of this.  Part of me says, go with what is working.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In response to HankukSox's comment:

Maybe....  Just maybe, it is time to consider seeing where WMB can play and moving him between 1st, 3rd, and DH until he can (if he can) find his swing (basically as a backup IF/DH).  It's a tough choice though.  Part of me says he needs to play every day if he is going to break out of this.  Part of me says, go with what is working.

I think Middy has a lot of talent breathing down his back so it should be interesting.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to HankukSox's comment:

That's a fine line.  He won't get better without reps.  He really isn't our best choice right now.  And we really don't have a UIF even if we wanted to send him down for regualr ABs.  Plus, we can't afford to throw away any games to see if he can find himself.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimedfred. Show jimedfred's posts

In response to jimedfred's comment:

Think maybe Carp still resting hammy. Otherwise no sense playing Gomes vs. a r/h pitcher.

Iglesias would always play ss over Bogaerts I think, at least once Xander learns the 3b  position. X-Box is 6'3" and gone from 185 to 205 in a year. NOT going to stay at ss for very long.

Okay, MISTER Gomes, please feel free to make me look foolish again, perhaps, oh, maybe 15-20 more times this year ?

Sections
Shortcuts