Iggy not in lineup

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from boboinfla. Show boboinfla's posts

Iggy not in lineup

It figures that pitching and defense will win out tonite,. Leyland who failed to use Coke against Papi has decided Peralta is the SS. Goes against the theme of defense can win games. Hopefully,this will open the door for a RS victory.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

Re: Iggy not in lineup

In response to RedSoxFireman's comment:

Mistake, I agree.

Iglesias has a 1.000 OPS against Lackey.

Leyland's proving his incomptence, which explains why his massive payroll teams can't finish the title despite a near playoff guarantee every season. He's due, though, as a blind hog is due.

The king of small sample sizes is at again.....this one has got to be the best though...  Way to go D1ck......you even topped yourself this time!

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Mistake, I agree.

Agree with what? The author never said he agreed or disagreed with the "theme of defense".

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

I can just imagine if Drew made the error Iggy made, and it led to the winning run.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

rey ordonez iggy = part time late inning defensive replacement player.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazyworldoftroybrown. Show crazyworldoftroybrown's posts

Im putting the bat in, I love Defense too, but got to get the runs. Defense later in game. Way we are striking out, no ball in play didn't almost any SS will do alright.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Ummm, you guys do know Iggy plays for the Tigers, right?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

Iggy couldnt hold on to his job for the whole year. Talk about selling high.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

Wow I mean did we really trade away a good fielding back up infielder? What a huge mistake.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

Mistake, I agree.

Leyland's proving his incomptence, which explains why his massive payroll teams can't finish the title despite a near playoff guarantee every season. He's due, though, as a blind hog is due.

Actually, the direction Softlaw would've taken would be to suggest that, with a big strikeout pitcher, offense is relatively more important than defense.  Even a superior defensive player can only field balls if they are hit in his area.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hingham Hammer. Show Hingham Hammer's posts

Mistake, I agree.

"He's due"

Leyland may be due as you say but takes a back seat to you.

You have been so wrong it may be a good time for you to seat back and learn from the vast number of posters here that understand the game.

My advise.

Read don't write.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hingham Hammer. Show Hingham Hammer's posts

In response to 37stories's comment:

Wow I mean did we really trade away a good fielding back up infielder? What a huge mistake.

"back up infielder"

Iggy is a good late inning defensive replacement.

No more no less.

Sending Iggy to the plate late in yesterday's game was LOL at it's highest level.

Instead of having to record 27 outs the Sox only needed 26.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to Hingham Hammer's comment:

"back up infielder"

No more no less.

Sending Iggy to the plate late in yesterday's game was LOL at it's highest level.

I scratched my head on that move too. At least have someone that can hit the ball bat, THEN put Iggy out there for his defense.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:

"back up infielder"

No more no less.

I scratched my head on that move too. At least have someone that can hit the ball bat, THEN put Iggy out there for his defense.

I don't know...

McCarver seemed to think that Farrell should've pulled Breslow for a righty, because the mighty Iggy was pintch hitting. Wink

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to ThefourBs' comment:

"back up infielder"

No more no less.

I don't know...

McCarver seemed to think that Farrell should've pulled Breslow for a righty, because the mighty Iggy was pintch hitting. Wink

McCarver is the biggest dink with a mic. It was painfully obvious to everyone that they had nothing nice to say about the Sox. They didnt make the right moves, their hits were lucky, they got the calls. all while stuffing his head straight up the Tigers collective a s s e s. I hope that old fossil retires and spares us having to listen to his old man rambling and meaningless banter during a game. Oh, and also spare us his bias opinions.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hingham Hammer. Show Hingham Hammer's posts

"back up infielder"

No more no less.

Exactly. Iggy starts alot of games sitting on the bench because of his lack of offense.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Tigers lost last night because Iggy was on the bench.  He would have had that cheapie hit by Napoli, and he would have hit at least a couple of doubles off Lackey. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Exactly. Iggy starts alot of games sitting on the bench because of his lack of offense.

That's what made him pinch hitting later in the game so surprising.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to maxbialystock's comment:

Tigers lost last night because Iggy was on the bench.  He would have had that cheapie hit by Napoli, and he would have hit at least a couple of doubles off Lackey. 

There was one play that even the announcers said Iggy would have made. It didn't lead to a run, but if it had, the Iggy fans would have been everywhere.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hingham Hammer. Show Hingham Hammer's posts

In response to moonslav59's comment:

What's even more surprising is the lack of right handed hitters off the Tiger's bench.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

In response to maxbialystock's comment:

There was one play that even the announcers said Iggy would have made. It didn't lead to a run, but if it had, the Iggy fans would have been everywhere.

I think the point is now there is another team that isn't sure if Iggy is a starting SS. Meanwhile on Boston.com is is anoited as the winner of 10 gold gloves.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

What's even more surprising is the lack of right handed hitters off the Tiger's bench.

Didn't really think about it before the series, but Felger and Mazz were talking about it today, and they're right. The Tigers' bench scks.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts