In response to dgalehouse's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Flapjack07's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Schadenfreude on display.

[/QUOTE]

Not really. I seriously doubt anyone here is happy that Iggy got hurt. He would have provided many great moments to watch this year, even from afar.

However, if he was damaged goods (and especially if the Red Sox knew it, which seems likely from Farrell's comments), that should certainly change the evaluation of the trade. Does it not for you?

[/QUOTE]

The question is whether this will be something that becomes a chronic problem that threatens his career or can it be treated and not recur in the future. If the Sox knew he was damaged goods, I would not be proud of making a trade under those circumstances. Certainly would not like it if it was done to us.

[/QUOTE]

Oh brother...

We've gone from "it was a bad trade" to "the Sox took advantage of the poor Tigers and they're evil"?

Really?

If another team did it to us, you'd be killing the Sox front office, not the other team.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Re: Iggy Out 6 months with stress fractures

In response to moonslav59's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Not really. I seriously doubt anyone here is happy that Iggy got hurt. He would have provided many great moments to watch this year, even from afar.

However, if he was damaged goods (and especially if the Red Sox knew it, which seems likely from Farrell's comments), that should certainly change the evaluation of the trade. Does it not for you?

[/QUOTE]

Just because we may have known about the injury, does not mean we tricked the Tigers. We may have fully disclosed the issue to them, and they took the risk knowing the problem. 

[/QUOTE]

Or they may not have known the extent of the injury. Just that he had some issues with his shins.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to ThefourBs' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

The question is whether this will be something that becomes a chronic problem that threatens his career or can it be treated and not recur in the future. If the Sox knew he was damaged goods, I would not be proud of making a trade under those circumstances. Certainly would not like it if it was done to us.

[/QUOTE]

Oh brother...

We've gone from "it was a bad trade" to "the Sox took advantage of the poor Tigers and they're evil"?

Really?

If another team did it to us, you'd be killing the Sox front office, not the other team.

[/QUOTE]

exactly...He would be blasting Ben for not doing his job. Iggy had medical reports that Detroit looked at. They must have felt Ok with whatever issue was known at the time.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Oh brother...

Really?

[/QUOTE]

exactly...He would be blasting Ben for not doing his job. Iggy had medical reports that Detroit looked at. They must have felt Ok with whatever issue was known at the time.

[/QUOTE]

Yup.

The Tigers gambled and lost, for this season anyway.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Oh brother...

Really?

[/QUOTE]

Your usual speculation and embellishments. Read the post instead of reading what you want into it.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Iggy confirms stress fractures in both legs.

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article/mlb/tigers-shortstop-jose-iglesias-confirms-stress-fractures-in-both-legs?ymd=20140317&content_id=69496028&vkey=news_mlb

Maybe this sheds some light on why we traded Iggy: 

"This is small fractures in the legs," Iglesias said. "I was able to play through it last year, but that's not going to happen this year."

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Oh brother...

Really?

[/QUOTE]

Your usual speculation and embellishments. Read the post instead of reading what you want into it.

[/QUOTE]

Go ahead and say it was a good trade for the Sox.
    It'll only sting for a second...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Just because we may have known about the injury, does not mean we tricked the Tigers. We may have fully disclosed the issue to them, and they took the risk knowing the problem. 

[/QUOTE]

True. I was not trying to say (& did not mean to imply) we tricked the Tigers. I'm sure they had the chance to do their due diligence on the guy they were acquiring.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Oh brother...

Really?

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You say I would be bashing Ben for not doing his job. How do you know that? I didn't say that at all.  If Peavy had blown out his arm in his first start, what would you have said?  Would you be at all critical of the Tigers G.M. ? I would have.  It is just being reasonable.  The trade was made in good faith. If the Sox knew that Iglesias was injured and would miss a lot of time, it is not a good thing. A GM should not operate that way. I was not the one who said that the Sox knew he was hurt. I replied that IF they knew he was hurt, I would not be proud of the trade. You guys read what you want instead of what is written.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from javaukti1. Show javaukti1's posts

[QUOTE]

Maybe the Yanks are still in play, especially if there is an injury.

I think they'd only lose the 56th pick, if they signed Drew.

[/QUOTE]

if drew signs in june, i assume his 2014 contract would not be for a full season. that's a couple of $million or so. pennies to the yanks (who can just stow away or release their mistakes like Irabu, Wells, Ichiro, and now Ryan) and accumulate players as needed. but for drew and borass, a couple of million matters, especially when there might  be some other low offers out there (mets? is the red sox offer still on the table?)

yanks have some internal options (Nunez) but were counting on Ryan because their IF defense is otherwise a huge problem.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from javaukti1. Show javaukti1's posts

[/QUOTE]

Yanks are definitely in play.

[/QUOTE]

unless jeter goes down  for a longtime

I don't C it guys

I C nothing about drews bat that makes U want to play him

at a brand new position 4 the 1st time

[/QUOTE]

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from javaukti1. Show javaukti1's posts

me neither. they already brought kelly johnson in to play 3rd (although i think he's a 2nd baseman). yankees are set. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

In response to pinstripezac35's comment:
    [QUOTE]

unless jeter goes down  for a longtime

I don't C it guys

I C nothing about drews bat that makes U want to play him

at a brand new position 4 the 1st time
    [/QUOTE]

If you're happy with your infield, I certainly won't complain about it.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

In response to javaukti1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

me neither. they already brought kelly johnson in to play 3rd (although i think he's a 2nd baseman). yankees are set. 

[/QUOTE]

I just don't get Y so many think he makes the nyy better if he's not playing SS

or if ny wanted him they wouldn't already have him

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

[QUOTE]

http://nesn.com/2014/03/jose-iglesias-out-up-to-six-months-with-stress-fractures-in-both-legs/

Did Ben see this coming? Either way, I loved the trade at the time and I love it even more now.

I feel for the kid, but glad hes Detroits problem now...

[/QUOTE]WOW, sorry for IGGY, but it certainly makes Ben look good !!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to javaukti1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I see him as a clear upgrade at second over Roberts, who is 36 and has averaged 48 games per year the last 4 seasons.

The only reason I can see the Yankees haven't signed Drew is that Hal locked the safe after signing Tanaka.  That would also explain them not signing a premier late inning reliever. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

I see him as a clear upgrade at second over Roberts, who is 36 and has averaged 48 games per year the last 4 seasons.

greetings Hfxsoxnut

wow 2B I never even considered that

i thought U were thinking drew on 3rd KJ at 2nd

just figured to hard to learn compared to 3rd

especially at this point

eitherway I don't see his bat alone

worth the risk on D, pick & $

if jeter goes down long term

then sure bring him in

The only reason I can see the Yankees haven't signed Drew is that Hal locked the safe after signing Tanaka.  That would also explain them not signing a premier late inning reliever. 

IDK  I suppose

the not signing a premier late inning reliever like the johnny jr signing

was somewhat puzzling we shall C if the kids

and some dumpster diving next week can get it done in the BP

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Jeter is the worst fielding SS in MLB right now. Of course the Yanks would be better with Drew at SS and Jeter at 3B or 2B, but my guess is Yanks management does not want to force Jeter to move, and the great "team player" Jeter is will never suggest a move himself.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

[QUOTE]

Jeter is the worst fielding SS in MLB right now. Of course the Yanks would be better with Drew at SS and Jeter at 3B or 2B, but my guess is Yanks management does not want to force Jeter to move, and the great "team player" Jeter is will never suggest a move himself.

[/QUOTE]

how many players do U figure

made it to the HOF without thinking they were one of the best

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

A number of players in the HOF changed position later in their careers. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

In response to Hfxsoxnut's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I know

I just don't  know if they volunteered

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to Hfxsoxnut's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I know

I just don't  know if they volunteered

[/QUOTE]

Right.  And I don't think any of us know if the Yankees have ever had that conversation with DJ.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxnewmex. Show soxnewmex's posts

Let's not give Jeter or the Yankees any ideas!  Stay at short Derek, one of the greats at the position all-time Cool

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

In response to soxnewmex's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Let's not give Jeter or the Yankees any ideas!  Stay at short Derek, one of the greats at the position all-time Cool

[/QUOTE]

LOL

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from RigatoniT. Show RigatoniT's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Drew is so amazing isn't he? Even the Tigers passed in their biggest moment of need.