IGGY PEAVY OKEY DOKEY

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from youkillus. Show youkillus's posts

IGGY PEAVY OKEY DOKEY

The soundnes sof the Iggy trade will be measured tonight, with Jake Peavy on the bump with a chance to erase Maddon's game five trip to Boston. Which would you rather have right now? Iggy at SS/3B for a game 4 showdown, or Jake Peavy, veteran All Star, CY winner, with a opportunity to advance into the next round, and avoid a one game win or go home game at the Fens?

Whatever happens, this one game tonight will provide fodder for either side of the question. FTR, Iggy isn't exactly leading Detroit with all it's great pitching to the promised land...yet.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

Re: IGGY PEAVY OKEY DOKEY

i fully expect a QS from Peavy tonight.  Hopefully the RS offense can take the pressure off him early with some crooked numbers and do some add-ons throughout the game.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from czap. Show czap's posts

In response to RedSoxFireman's comment:

The Red Sox will have to win this game with good offensive production with RISP. Peavy's a prima donna whose long past his sub 4 ERA days. They'll need to have a quick hook on Peavy.

Once again you are a numbskull. Have you ever been right?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

The soundness of the Iggy trade wont be measured for years.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

IGGY IS HITTING SO HORRIBLE IN THIS POST SEASON.  I AM SURPRISE HE IS STILL PLAYING.  THOUGHT THAT PERALTA WHO CAME OFF OF THE 50 GAMES SUSPENSION WOULD BE PLAYING SS TONITE WHILE IGGY SITS

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from greenwellforpresident. Show greenwellforpresident's posts

In response to czap's comment:

The Red Sox will have to win this game with good offensive production with RISP. Peavy's a prima donna whose long past his sub 4 ERA days. They'll need to have a quick hook on Peavy.

Look at the bright side, after Peavy pitches a great game tonight we won't hear from Fireman for a while.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaffyDan. Show DaffyDan's posts

In response to greenwellforpresident's comment:

In response to czap's comment:

Look at the bright side, after Peavy pitches a great game tonight we won't hear from Fireman for a while.

I so wish that were true.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

More meaningless words from the IDIOT !! Softy give it up. We all know you're a phony. 

Hetch

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from youkillus. Show youkillus's posts

Iggy is hitting .083 in the ALDS, and Peavy just pitched the Rays into oblivion, holding them to 1 run.

Just the sort of hold you want and expect from a veteran warrior. Cherrington 1, Haters 0.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Right on target as usual. I posted last night that I was unsure of Peavy, but at least I was smart enough to leave the door open for him, and not to make a dumb prediction like this.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from youkillus. Show youkillus's posts

Iggy is benched tonite in favor of Peralta and Don Kelly gets the start in LF. Curiously, Verlander has not had an out recorded at 1B in his last 3 starts, so Leyland is betting no one will hit it to SS. Another way to look at it is, Iggy is projected to be a GG, while Peavy already is one!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from youkillus. Show youkillus's posts

Igggy's throw opened the door to the Sox victory, how do you like the trade now?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Archer1. Show Archer1's posts

In response to youkillus' comment:

Iggy is benched tonite in favor of Peralta and Don Kelly gets the start in LF. Curiously, Verlander has not had an out recorded at 1B in his last 3 starts, so Leyland is betting no one will hit it to SS. Another way to look at it is, Iggy is projected to be a GG, while Peavy already is one!

Without actually looking at the game logs - I find this nearly impossible to believe. That means all of his outs were either Ks, flyballs/pop ups, and force outs at second, third, home. I strongly doubt this to be true...now I'm actually going to look at the game logs..."sigh"

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Archer1. Show Archer1's posts

In response to Archer1's comment:

In response to youkillus' comment:

Without actually looking at the game logs - I find this nearly impossible to believe. That means all of his outs were either Ks, flyballs/pop ups, and force outs at second, third, home. I strongly doubt this to be true...now I'm actually going to look at the game logs..."sigh"

As I suspected...that statement was not true. Verlander had numerous ground ball outs in his last start (let alone 3) that resulted in put outs at first base. 

Sections
Shortcuts