Iggy, Pedey's new BFF???

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

Iggy, Pedey's new BFF???

I am really, really, really, really impressed with how impressed Pedey is with Iggy.

Wow!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from charliedarling. Show charliedarling's posts

Re: Iggy, Pedey's new BFF???

So far Iglesius is doing everything right trying to become the Red Sox shortstop in the first real game against the Tigers.

I know that it is early in spring training and that he may be facing a lot of non major leaguer pitchers right now, but he is being praised by the manager for his defense as well as his ability to learn and be coached.  He is not striking out every time he gets an at bat, even is getting a hit per game, bunted for a hit the other day (with a steal as well), etc.

If this guy can get a hit per game he will bat about .250 from the 9 hole, and with his defense he may save a run per game.  These types of numbers puts both Aviles and Punto back in the roles they fill best-utility guys. 

Iglesius on the varsity roster may squeeze an outfielder off the roster, however, depending upon how many pitchers Valentine decides to carry.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

I don't know if he's Pedey's new BFF or not,but one things for certain his glove is definately made of Gold....We as Sox fans only thought Alex Gonzalez was a defensive wizard,for those who don't know him meet the newest whiz Jose Iglesias!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from drpjn. Show drpjn's posts

As spring training progresses, the thought of Iglesias winning the starting role is both exciting and refreshing! Red Sox Nation could certainly  benefit from such a feel good story to help cut the chord was last year's disastrous ending.

But he has to be ready, as defined by consistent defense and the ability to hit enough to stay in the line-up.

Just what spring training is about.....the possibility that a highly touted phenom indeed makes it!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

It is imperative that seasoned Vet's, especially all-stars take the kids under their wings.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

hey Iggy, stay away from that Pedroia guy..he's trouble...Tongue out

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

PD worked with Iggy last season, also. Iggy said he had him to his house for dinner several times a week and helped with his english.  Good leadership from a good teammate and player.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

In Response to Re: Iggy, Pedey's new BFF???:
    [QUOTE]hey Iggy, stay away from that Pedroia guy..he's trouble...
    Posted by jete02fan[/QUOTE]

stifle yerself edith! Tongue outWinkSmile

by the way, how's your boss been lately? excited about the upcoming season?

red sox yankees.............it doesn't get any better than that!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Iggy, Pedey's new BFF??? : stifle yerself edith! by the way, how's your boss been lately? excited about the upcoming season? red sox yankees.............it doesn't get any better than that!
    Posted by Hammah29r2[/QUOTE] i don't know D, haven't really chatted her up lately...some goings-on here, so she's been a bit shortfused lately....i'm sure i'll be getting her Sox crap soon enough :-)

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

SHOULD BE OUR/YOUR OPENING DAY SHORTSTOP AT FENWAY PAAAAK !!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]  SHOULD BE OUR/YOUR OPENING DAY SHORTSTOP AT FENWAY PAAAAK !!!
    Posted by Bill-806[/QUOTE]

Kids knocking extra base hits now.  You might get your wish.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Iggy, Pedey's new BFF??? : Kids knocking extra base hits now.  You might get your wish.
    Posted by SpacemanEephus[/QUOTE]

with fingers crossed and toes too I hope they bring this kid up north to fenway. he is pretty damn slick spacebrosky. him and pedi are destined to be great in our infield. I can't believe the reflexes and how quick iggy is. if he keeps hitting like he has. it's a no brainer man.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasko2248. Show jasko2248's posts

If Youk is in fact healthy again and gains some range back (he should), that's one heck of an infield defense with the kid in there...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Iggy, Pedey's new BFF??? : with fingers crossed and toes too I hope they bring this kid up north to fenway. he is pretty damn slick spacebrosky. him and pedi are destined to be great in our infield. I can't believe the reflexes and how quick iggy is. if he keeps hitting like he has. it's a no brainer man.
    Posted by Hammah29r2[/QUOTE]

Key sentence.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

AVILIES WILL OPEN UP IN LEFT FIELD FOR HIS "BAT"  !!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SleeStack1. Show SleeStack1's posts

Whats the min BA you take if he is truly GG caliber?

Is .200 enough?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

[QUOTE]Whats the min BA you take if he is truly GG caliber? Is .200 enough?
    Posted by SleeStack1[/QUOTE]

Slee,

I can remember many here were willing to accept Alex Gonzalez as a .200 hitter when we saw his slick glove play.

Not saying your question doesn't bear merit ... just remembering.

I also remember loving to watching him at short..

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimschleer. Show jimschleer's posts

Red Uniforms

Does anyone know what day of the week the Sox will wear the red jerseys this year?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Re: Red Uniforms

In Response to Red Uniforms:
    [QUOTE]Does anyone know what day of the week the Sox will wear the red jerseys this year?
    Posted by jimschleer[/QUOTE]SON,  LOOKS LIKE THIS IS YOUR 1ST POST TO THIS BOARD.... WELCOME ABOARD, YOUNG MAN......  LET ME HELP YOU OUT A BIT......  IF YOU WANT TO BE HERE LONG ENOUGH TO LOG 9400+ POSTS, YOU WILL NEED TO GET BY THE LAUNDRY...... MY GOODNESS, YOUNG MAN, THE COLOR OF THE JERSEY ?????   I NEED TO GET MY STARTING LINE-UP DOWN FOR OPENING DAY !!!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Wow, can you imagine if this kid starts hitting? By that I mean just .260-.270 or so. He'd e exciting to watch.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to "Red Uniforms": [QUOTE]Does anyone know what day of the week the Sox will wear the red jerseys this year? Posted by jimschleer[/QUOTE] It's always been on Friday so far. Red at home, blue on the road. I'd like to see them use the blue at home sometime. Blue and white would look cool at Fenway.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to "Re: Red Uniforms": [QUOTE]In Response to Red Uniforms : SON,  LOOKS LIKE THIS IS YOUR 1ST POST TO THIS BOARD.... WELCOME ABOARD, YOUNG MAN......  LET ME HELP YOU OUT A BIT......  IF YOU WANT TO BE HERE LONG ENOUGH TO LOG 9400+ POSTS, YOU WILL NEED TO GET BY THE LAUNDRY...... MY GOODNESS, YOUNG MAN, THE COLOR OF THE JERSEY ?????   I NEED TO GET MY STARTING LINE-UP DOWN FOR OPENING DAY !!! Posted by Bill-806[/QUOTE] LOL, good one Bill.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

Having Pedey as his new BFF is 1,000 times better than having ARod as his BFF, which has been said before.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

In Response to Re: Red Uniforms:
    [QUOTE]In response to "Red Uniforms": It's always been on Friday so far. Red at home, blue on the road. I'd like to see them use the blue at home sometime. Blue and white would look cool at Fenway.
    Posted by TheExaminer[/QUOTE]

How did you make a comment in another thread with another headline and have it wind up in this thread?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

In Response to Re: Red Uniforms:
    [QUOTE]In response to "Re: Red Uniforms": LOL, good one Bill.
    Posted by TheExaminer[/QUOTE]

And you did it again.

Sections
Shortcuts