IGGY traded for Garry Templeton

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Re: IGGY traded for Garry Templeton

In response to Sheriff-Rojas' comment:

In response to moonslav59's comment:

In response to maxbialystock's comment:

My basic point remains:  Iglesias has progressed to the point he is the best SS the Sox have; however, for now the Sox own Drew and I have no problem with their starting him in the near term. I prefer Iglesias for lots of reasons, but can live with Drew for now. 

This is the mentality that keeps us losing. Play the worse player, because he is getting paid more, and the GM needs to save face.

It's not about the GM saving face.  It's about the organization recovering the most from both their shorter term investment in Drew and their longer term investment in Iggy. 

By playing the worse SS? 

It's losing baseball, saving face or not. It's why we lose.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to mef429's comment:

In response to mef429's comment:

In response to maxbialystock's comment:

My basic point remains:  Iglesias has progressed to the point he is the best SS the Sox have; however, for now the Sox own Drew and I have no problem with their starting him in the near term. I prefer Iglesias for lots of reasons, but can live with Drew for now. 

This is the mentality that keeps us losing. Play the worse player, because he is getting paid more, and the GM needs to save face.

except Drew > Iggy still. Maybe if Iggy keep up the good swinging in the next 400ish ABs we can revisit. Drew wasn't brought in to replace Iggy, he was brought in to give Iggy more time to develop his bat. His injury doesn't change that.

I understand why they signed Drew. They think a SS needs to have an OPS above .650 to be a plus.

I strongly disagree with this position and will go to my grave believing that fielding at the SS position is way way way more important than a .730 to .780 OPS.

Maybe you can "revisit" after 400 ABs, but to me, I don't care if he hits .220 the next 1,000 ABs: he's my guy for our SS position.

Iggy>Drew

OMG we disagreed. that must mean i am your foil. Or rather, YOU are MY foil Cool

Foil smoil, you must be me, because we are always here at the same time.

that also explains why i kiss up to you so much

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

You mean, in the mirror?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

You mean, in the mirror?

actually, the screenlock on our phone is a picture of our face so no mirrors required Smile

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to TV-Guy's comment:

A foil is used in a dying forum in order to create someone who disagrees with you so that a heated argument ensues and thus the forum becomes entertaining to all. A good example is to start a phony debate over Iggy vs. Drew at this early stage of the season. If not a foil then it is still ludicrous to debating Drew vs. Iggy. Why not just enjoy baseball?

You mean because I like to keep track of how many plays Iggy will make that Drew will not make, I can't really enjoy the game anymore?

That really stinks!

I thought I loved baseball, but I guess I can't.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to TV-Guy's comment:

The typical fan and media who has watched IGGY play SS knows without a doubt that he is a rarity with his range, instincts, hands, dexterity, and arm. Other then eyeballing, we don't have access to the bank of 3-D camera aimed at every position along with complex software to determine jump, speed, and  path. Most of RSN is not debating Iggy vs. Drew on defense. I really don't see why there needs to be a debate about it?

The debate is wether or not his plus defense outweighs Drew's plus offense. It's a valid debate about baseball.

Go back and look at your last 100 posts: how many are about baseball? You talk of us "wasting time" by arguing over this stuff, but what is your time spent on?

trolling, nit-picking, personal assumptions about posters, and anything but baseball.

Sections
Shortcuts