Iggy: Two of our Three hits ...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from lasitter. Show lasitter's posts

Iggy: Two of our Three hits ...

And three of our four total bases?

How do you possibly sit this kid? At least 'till he cools off ...

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dustcover. Show dustcover's posts

Re: Iggy: Two of our Three hits ...

In response to lasitter's comment:

And he would have had another if not for the sterling leap and catch of his line drive by Machado at 3B early in the game.  He is certainly squaring up the ball on bat by keeping his head down and eye on the ball through his swing as opposed to looking up and out before following through which is notable by some of his teammates (note Napoli).

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

In response to dustcover's comment:

[QUOTE]

And he would have had another if not for the sterling leap and catch of his line drive by Machado at 3B early in the game.  He is certainly squaring up the ball on bat by keeping his head down and eye on the ball through his swing as opposed to looking up and out before following through which is notable by some of his teammates (note Napoli).

[/QUOTE]

Good observation. I noticed that with Napoli, Ross and some others. Some bad habits are developing. That is why we are seeing so many strikeouts. Iglesias has good fundamentals at the plate.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

I have been on the side of keeping Iggy in AAA for seasonning. I have been converted. How can they keep him out of the line up is beyond me right now.

I will paraphrase a comment I remember from Fisk when he was asked why he hit better in MLB over the minors  "....better lighting and better pitchers...." the latter meaning they were better control and around the plate more.

Not saying he should play every day but he has to play more until and if he starts slowing down

Love the Red Sox and enjoy the ride every year

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from chickenandboose. Show chickenandboose's posts

In response to BurritoT-'s comment:

Surprised you didn't say "3 of our 2 hits"

You're confusing him with me ;)

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosoxmal. Show bosoxmal's posts

In response to dgalehouse's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Most of them (Napoli, Ross, especially) have homeruniitis. Middlebrooks is a special case, and needs some special help---maybe in Pawtucket, maybe with the club---but with someone who can diagnose and fix.

[/QUOTE]

Good observation. I noticed that with Napoli, Ross and some others. Some bad habits are developing. That is why we are seeing so many strikeouts. Iglesias has good fundamentals at the plate.

[/QUOTE]

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimedfred. Show jimedfred's posts

Gotta play the Kid.

3rd, short, doesn't matter.

Of course, he MIGHT not hit .451 all season......

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In response to jimedfred's comment:

Gotta play the Kid.

3rd, short, doesn't matter.

Of course, he MIGHT not hit .451 all season......

Wouldn't that be something if he did?

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dustcover. Show dustcover's posts

In response to darrylfries's comment:

In response to bosoxmal's comment:

In response to dgalehouse's comment:

Most of them (Napoli, Ross, especially) have homeruniitis. Middlebrooks is a special case, and needs some special help---maybe in Pawtucket, maybe with the club---but with someone who can diagnose and fix.

Bad habits started developing.?    No
    Napoli and Ross are doing exactly what they have done in previous season. Why the suprise?

Both are slow at foot and K's are better then hitting in to DP's

Iggy can take half swings and beat out infield hits Ross and Napoli might leg out one hit a year.

Suprised again at the total lack of baseball knowledge by most on here.

Hint,,  Switch to a sport you can keep up on like shuffleboard.

The oft-repeated argument that 'K's are better than DP's intrigues me.'  So I'll weigh in. 

This position might have merit with men on base but with no base runner however, which is preferable a whiff or contact?  99% of K's result in an out!  As a team this year the Sox are hitting .270 so it stands to reason that making contact and putting the ball in play will produce better results. 

For example, how many of Napoli's 93 K's have come with no runners on board.  And how many have come with a runner on first with less than two outs?  If he were to have made contact on just 25% of those whiffs, and put the ball in play, with .270 going for base hits, the result would be his hit total going from 64 to 70 and his BA from .262 to .286 Not to mention the exponential increase in H, RBI, OBP, Slg., and OPS.

See the ball, hit the ball.  Keep your head down, your eye on the ball, and stop trying to pull outside pitches that turn into weak ground balls to the infielder.  Go with the pitch to the opposite field.

PLAY BALL!

Sections
Shortcuts