Iggy Update

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

Re: Iggy Update

While I do believe that the SS position is one of the most important on defense, 2 runs a game is a little excessive. 

If that was the case then we would have the BEST pitching in the league with a gold glove short stop.  Lester and Beckett would still be pitching like front of the rotation starter every game and Clay Buccholz would have 5 more no-hitters this year. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BOSOX1941. Show BOSOX1941's posts

In Response to Re: Iggy Update:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Iggy Update : Am I serious ?? You ask, am I serious ????  Heck, I wouldn't have said it if I didn't believe it !!!!   You think that I talk, just to hear myself talk ??????
    Posted by Bill-806[/QUOTE]

I'll ask once more...ummm you know what, never mind.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from expitch. Show expitch's posts

[QUOTE]He's had 700 AAA level at bats now. He is what he is. The season is shot. Bring him up for at least a month and break him into MLB. It will pay off in the long run. This guy probably is only going to get better with more AB. He has decent hitting mechanics but is streaky. He probably isn't ready but the experience should help him. We need to prepare for the future. Give experience to Lavarnway and Iglesias so that they can maybe help some next year. Or not. Now is the time to find out.
    Posted by RedsoxProspects[/QUOTE]
    Agree.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

[QUOTE]Why not give him a shot, can't hit any worse than Aviles and we know he is the superior fielder.
    Posted by stan17[/QUOTE]

Iggy needs to have more than a small sample of success but at this point he should be brought up for a look with Aviles and Punto being released or traded.  Ciriaco and Iggy, like Lav and Salty should get equal playing time at this point to see who may be better the correct fits.

Guys like Pedroia and AGon should also be leading this club by example, not lobbying for Bobby to be fired because that will come in due time.  The team is still a mess and I'm not sure how things will turn out at this point but I certainly don't see us in the PS.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SOXNVA. Show SOXNVA's posts

I would like to see them bring-up Laroche at 3B. He has been hitting, is a right-handed bat, and obviously has MLB experience. Ciriaco could play short instead of using him as a DH, OF,....... Aviles has struggled ever since his feelings were hurt when he was placed on the waiver-wire. I am not sure if he is more hurt because he was placed on them, or that nobody claimed him despite his manageable cost.

The issue with the management of the team this year is that it appears everyone (manager, owners, etc.) are more worried about upsetting someone than fielding the best players out there. If this was not true, they wouldnt keep giving Beckett so many chances to get murdered out there. A players contract was never much of a concern. If they start a player making only 1 mil and sit one making 10 mil, their costs are still the same.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Kid just turned 22 this year and folks here should realize that he still needed to learn some things when he was acquired...But i guess thats too realistic for some...Hes been learning how to hit in pro ball since the age of 19 against much more advanced pitchers...he was known for his defense and those that paid attention knew he had little to no offense and needed a lot of work on that part of his game...At 22 I hardly believe "he is what he is", offensively speaking...Theres still plenty of time to improve his offense more...Its amazing how quickly some give up on young ballplayers...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

[QUOTE]Kid just turned 22 this year and folks here should realize that he still needed to learn some things when he was acquired...But i guess thats too realistic for some...Hes been learning how to hit in pro ball since the age of 19 against much more advanced pitchers...he was known for his defense and those that paid attention knew he had little to no offense and needed a lot of work on that part of his game...At 22 I hardly believe "he is what he is", offensively speaking...Theres still plenty of time to improve his offense more...Its amazing how quickly some give up on young ballplayers...
    Posted by southpaw777[/QUOTE]

southpaw, at this point guys like Iggy, Ciriaco, Lav, Bradley, Bogaerts, Brentz and Barnes should all be considered our future and given a fair shot down the road.  

Kalish? I'm not all that impressed with so far but the days of Papi, Aviles, Punto and Salty could be closing in on them here in their current roles.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

Danny V,should be sent down and bring up Iggy--move Aviles to 3 B. This may be the best left side defensively even if Middlebrooks were healthy.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Iggy Update : southpaw, at this point guys like Iggy, Ciriaco, Lav, Bradley, Bogaerts, Brentz and Barnes should all be considered our future and given a fair shot down the road.   Kalish? I'm not all that impressed with so far but the days of Papi, Aviles, Punto and Salty could be closing in on them here in their current roles.
    Posted by craze4sox[/QUOTE]

Im not quite done with Kalish yet either craze...remember, after 18mos dealing with injuries he was rushed to MLB due to injuries and wasnt ready yet...Ill wait to see him after a full offseason to get ready, then he'll be "on trial", so to speak...
    Ciriaco is about to turn 27 and is probably a career utility IF at this point IMO...A guy who can fill in nicely, but over the long haul will show his inconsistencies...
    Iggy has started to "get it" offensively and might be turning that corner weve all been waiting for. All the other "kids" you listed are going to be fun to watch and should all start heading to Boston between 2013-2014...Out with the old and in with the new...This team needs an infusion of young blood and a change in the culture in that clubhouse...

Sections
Shortcuts