Iggy with a laser shot!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from chickenandboose. Show chickenandboose's posts

Iggy with a laser shot!

Move over Peddy, we have a new laser show.

How many more will Iggy hit by the end of Spring training? I say 5.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from chickenandboose. Show chickenandboose's posts

Re: Iggy with a laser shot!

In response to Triumph-'s comment:

and this counts for what when he goes to AAA?

It will give a much needed boost of confidence for him.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to chickenandboose's comment:

and this counts for what when he goes to AAA?

It will give a much needed boost of confidence for him.

exactly...He looks like he bulked up a bit as well. Last year, although his avg and OBP didnt show it, he hit a few laser shots but they were hit right at someone.

Just turning 23, I think some Sox "fans" expect too much too soon from young players. Most prospects dont make the MLB fulltime on a team like the Sox, NYY etc until theyre 23-25. Hes right on schedule.

Drew will do a fine job at SS while Iggy is in AAA. If there is an injury or were not in contention, we will see him this year.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

ST may mean nothing but the fact that he's bulked up means a lot.  You take on a few more doubles and HR that would otherwise be fly outs and his avg goes up without Him getting any better......and he is still getting better.

Point is his frame + his swing today, might have = fly out last year.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

Ironic enough iggy hits a HR but makes an error at short.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In response to ctredsoxfanhugh's comment:

To be fair, a taller 1B might have had that throw. And he made a nice play on the caught stealing.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

That seems like a good bet. I mean since he has hit 5 home runs as a pro.  since 2008.  Yeah I am sure he will hit 5 more in ST.

Wow.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

In response to carnie's comment:

To be fair, a taller 1B might have had that throw. And he made a nice play on the caught stealing.

What I heard from a few scouts about Iggy was he has such great skills and range at SS that his biggest problem from time to time is getting sloppy with a routine play; which was exactly where he made an error today.  So there is room for growth with him defensively.  Regardless I'm still impressed by the kid....pedey was happy for him, I've heard he's been helping a lot as well.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxpride34. Show redsoxpride34's posts

nice to see iggy hittin one out, still not sure why the sox gave up on him and went and signed drew this offseason. waste of 9 mill,  would have much rather put that money plus the 28 mill we gave to dempster towards signing someone like anibal sanchez. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

He has always had alright power. The problem is contact.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

As DAD would say........ "SON, I like iggy" !!!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

In response to redsoxpride34's comment:

nice to see iggy hittin one out, still not sure why the sox gave up on him and went and signed drew this offseason. waste of 9 mill,  would have much rather put that money plus the 28 mill we gave to dempster towards signing someone like anibal sanchez. 

But you have Drew here for a year and Dempster for 2. Oppose to 5-6 years of Sanchez. On top Drew will produce this year while Iggy definitely needs more time. The Drew makes a ton of sense since it only one year.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosoxmal. Show bosoxmal's posts

[Let's hand the job to Iggy, and get on with it. Unless everyone is totally blind!

[/QUOTE]

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In response to softlaw2's comment:

Drew will do a fine job at SS

No, he won't, and he's expensive. Total nonsense to sign S. Drew.

What happened to the Mike Aviles fanclub?

What does Aviles have to do with Drew?

Aviles was a reasonably paid guy already under contract who was supposed to tend to the job until the FO thought  Iggy was ready.

Now its a year later, they still don't think Iggy is ready and now they signed Drew for about 4 times a year more than Aviles was getting paid.

I don't get the connection. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Promise4you2. Show Promise4you2's posts

What I heard from a few scouts about Iggy was he has such great skills and range at SS that his biggest problem from time to time is getting sloppy with a routine play; which was exactly where he made an error today.  So there is room for growth with him defensively.  Regardless I'm still impressed by the kid....pedey was happy for him, I've heard he's been helping a lot as well.

wow your talking to scouts?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

You are total nonsense.

No, SOFTY IS RIGHT.......  You just don't know enough about baseball to understand !!!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

The reality here is that no matter what Iglesias does this spring, he will be sent to Pawtucket. Rightly or wrongly, the job has been awarded to Drew. I will say that , for a team coming off a last place finish , there is surprisingly little competition for roster spots. With few exceptions, it seems like the roster is pretty much set.  We will probably see players optioned to Pawtucket solely because they have options , while arguably lesser talented players make the team. I understand the thinking behind this , but I don't know if it is the best thing. It is very important to get off to a good start this season. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

In response to Promise4you2's comment:

wow your talking to scouts?

I didn't talk to them I heard them as in I listen to their podcasts read their reports etc...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSdirtdogOR. Show RSdirtdogOR's posts

Ughh!  I hate it when I agree with this guy.  :(  

Aviles did just fine though.  Especially for the money!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSdirtdogOR. Show RSdirtdogOR's posts

For 9+ million / yr., I still am mystified by the Drew signing.  Especially with the uncertainty coming off the injury.  I would have platooned Ciriaco & Iggy before spending that kind of money on Drew! 

Where Stiffy is completely wrong?  He simply does not have enough baseball knowledge to see that Aviles was a bargain for his offensive production.  Relatively speaking, he played well defensively too.  Certainly above par.  Stiffy just needs a bit more experience in the bigs.  You can't blame the guy, as he's always wanted to be a pretend GM.  A step up from being a pretend lawyer???  He should follow George Costanza's lead and become a pretend Oceanographer.  :)

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickEO. Show RickEO's posts

Trade Drew and Bailey..... There ya have it

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

In response to redsoxpride34's comment:

Just because they signed Drew does not mean they "gave up" on Iglesias anymore than acquiring Mark Loretta meant they had given up on Pedroia...

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from 808soxfan. Show 808soxfan's posts

One game, but Iggy showed some pop in BP as well. If he hits over .300 with a good OPS in spring training, they better not send him to Pawtucket! Still a long way to go, but he shows some promise.

RS said in the off season that they would provide some competition for the SS spot. Signing Drew is an expensive way to get Iggy motivated, IMO.

Let's put it this way, if Iggy outhits Drew, it's stupid to send him to Pawtucket.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSdirtdogOR. Show RSdirtdogOR's posts

Nobody would touch Drew's contract.  I look for Bailey to have a big bounce back season, & could net us a quality #3+ starting pitcher or high quality second tier position player.  OF?

Sections
Shortcuts