Iglesias Has Been Pasting the Ball

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

Re: Iglesias Has Been Pasting the Ball

You expect guys to hit who play the corners.  He bar is set way lower for up the middle positions.  Anyone who understands baseball knows the bar is set much lower for a SS.  With that said we may disagree on whe exactly that bar is, but I still believe Iggy can and will make strides at the plate.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to softlaw2's comment:

Anyone who doesn't undersatnd that Iglesias could have an OBP of .200 and still provide more overall than Aviles or the latest disaster, S. Drew. S. Drew will be able to pull the ball and boost his numbers some, from Fenway, but he's a grossly inferior option to Iglesias because of the fact that defense is more important than offense for the SS position. It would take crazy numbers on offense for a butcher SS with no range to match what a defensive whiz can do.

he bats from the left side soft brain. Spend so much time bashing players but you know absolutely nothing about the....

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

softy likes to pretend he was the first at anything that goes right. Years ago, he wanted Nick Johnson at 1B, and then he claimed he was the "leader in advocating for Beltre".

The pretender is you. I never "wanted Nick Johnson". I said to offer him 1 year and 1M.

I cut and pasted your full post with your Nick Johnson suggestion. It was way before you jumped on the Beltre bandwagon, and it was for $4M not 1. Try being honest for once.

At the same time, I said to offer Beltre two years at at base 9.5 with a palyer opt out. One of your own groupies even posted a thread that said "Softy called it, give credit where credit is due". You know who that was, even if you claim you don't who the poster with the boomerange avatar didn't do it.

One of your hero worhippers said it was you. Yeah, that evidence. Besides, I never remember anyone saying you wanted him first. There were several posters who said we should sign Beltre before you dropped the foolish Nick Jognson suggestion. It's interesting that now you admit you suggested it, when for years you denied you ever wanted him, even at "$1M".  Your mistruths are spiralling out of control.

You have mave license to bully on this board, but the readers around here for years know that you wanted Wastefield offered a 2M contract when I told you is market value was zero.

It's not bullying to expose the truth. You keep going back to your old divert the issue ploy, and then misrepresent my position for about the millionth time.

When he found out it was zero, only then did he "retire". You also claimed that the Twins couldn't afford Mauer. To save face, you went on prevaricating that I said Mauer would sign for more than he signed for. I gave the details, which were within the range of his actual extension. I knew the Minnesota market and went into details. You claimed they couldn't afford him.

I admitted I was wrong on Mauer. What you gain by bringing up an old issue shows how far back you have to go to fing my mistakes, besides, my point was that MN could not afford $25M x 10, you claimed he'd take $17M x 8. I was wrong- so were you. Not the issue to expose me on, clown.

You also wanted the Red Sox to send top young talent for Santana. I said to avoid Santana like the plague.

Don't try and badger me, Moonshwemp, I've been around here longer than you have.

Again, you have to go back how far? Yes, I admitted I was wrong to want to trade for Santana. 

Yes, you've been around longer, but you've been wrong on so many issues that I don't need to go back that far.  Just look at your last 25 posts.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to mef429's comment:

Anyone who doesn't undersatnd that Iglesias could have an OBP of .200 and still provide more overall than Aviles or the latest disaster, S. Drew. S. Drew will be able to pull the ball and boost his numbers some, from Fenway, but he's a grossly inferior option to Iglesias because of the fact that defense is more important than offense for the SS position. It would take crazy numbers on offense for a butcher SS with no range to match what a defensive whiz can do.

he bats from the left side soft brain. Spend so much time bashing players but you know absolutely nothing about the....

Must be the "reverse pivot" where a left-handed hitter can "pull" the ball to LF.

Silly clown.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

RF in Fenway, for you captious dupes, is huge and where S. Drew will be able to boost his numbers. There is a huge misconception about LH hitters and "the monsta". Pulling the ball to LF is driving the ball into one of the most spacious RF'er in MLB.

Wow...Just...Wow

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

RF in Fenway, for you captious dupes, is huge and where S. Drew will be able to boost his numbers. There is a huge misconception about LH hitters and "the monsta". Pulling the ball to LF is driving the ball into one of the most spacious RF'er in MLB.

I knew he'd try and spin it rather than admit his mistake.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to moonslav59's comment:

Of course. Its all part of the schtick. He never ceases to amaze me though. I have to give it to him. Although he makes little sense, he can be quite creative.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:

Of course. Its all part of the schtick. He never ceases to amaze me though. I have to give it to him. Although he makes little sense, he can be quite creative.

he's the smartest dumb person i know.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

http://www.orkugifs.com/en/images/Laugh-out-loud_1427.gif

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

We all need a good laugh from time to time.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

We all need a good laugh from time to time.

Absolutely!

And Softy consistently delivers....

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

Don't try and badger me, Moonshwemp, I've been around here longer than you have.

Ummm..not exactly.  As Bill Parcells would say, "All I know is what I see" and here's what I see:

Moon - 32,000+ posts starting in 2005.

Softy - 6,000+ posts starting in 2008.

Unless there's some "new math" involved here much like the "median average" that some mathematical moron who posted here in the past liked to try to justify, 32,000 is more than 6,000 and 2005 came before 2008.

...or is there something you'd like to 'fess up to?  :-)

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

I've been here longer than you have...I am KING of the Forum!!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Captious dupes, ladies and gentlemen, captious dupes.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to SpacemanEephus' comment:

Great name for a band!

Confusing AND pretentious! lol

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In response to ThefourBs' comment:

Great name for a band!

That was exactly my thought.  I am going to put together a little punk outfit out here in L.A. We are going to wear slightly too small liesure suits and call ourselves the Captious Dupes.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

Great name for a band!

That was exactly my thought.  I am going to put together a little punk outfit out here in L.A. We are going to wear slightly too small liesure suits and call ourselves the Captious Dupes.

You'll be bigger than the Violent Femmes!!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to ctredsoxfanhugh's comment:

I've been here longer than you have...I am KING of the Forum!!!

oh yeah?! well........... MY DAD CAN BEAT UP YOUR DAD!!!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Great name for a band!

Can I play Bass for your band Space?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

Great name for a band!

Depends...

Do you have a too-small leisure suit?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Great name for a band!

Depends...

Do you have a too-small leisure suit?

No, but i can get one. This opportunity is to good not to ;)