Iglesias is here to stay

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosoxmal. Show bosoxmal's posts

Iglesias is here to stay

God will accused of not making little green apples before Iglesius sees Pawtucket again. He will stay at third until Middlebrooks returns (that's a given), then play SS against all LH pitchers. If Drew fades a little, gets hurt, or gets traded, then he'll move back to SS full time. Farrell is a very good "day at a time"  manager, and both Iggy and Bradley are "givens" for the rest of the year. He knows he can not (CAN NOT) watch those gloves waste away in the minor leagues.

(whisper) barring injuries!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

Re: Iglesias is here to stay

How sweet was the play he made at 3rd tonight. Very difficult play that he made look routine.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

Iggy becomes an easier keeper, since he can always replace Ciriaco.  JBJ is pretty easy to demote, assuming no injuries.  No way he replaces Carp, Nava or Gomes, and Ells and Vic are a given.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosoxmal. Show bosoxmal's posts

In response to stan17's comment:

How sweet was the play he made at 3rd tonight. Very difficult play that he made look routine.

I have never seen a 3rd baseman move that quick, nor make that play the way he did. Another thing I couldn't help notice was his instincts when playing balls hit to his left. He knows immediately if he has the better play, or Drew has the better shot. (And his best postion is SS?). As Farrel said after the swingng bunt play, "Wow!"

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to Joebreidey's comment:

Iggy becomes an easier keeper, since he can always replace Ciriaco.  JBJ is pretty easy to demote, assuming no injuries.  No way he replaces Carp, Nava or Gomes, and Ells and Vic are a given.

Maybe so....I think keeping Iggy and DFAing Ciriaco is the right move because Ciriaco is playing horribly. Will it be done? In the end, I think Iggy will end up going back to Pawtucket and Ciriaco will stay with the team because that way we keep both of them.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

In response to bosoxmal's comment:

I have never seen a 3rd baseman move that quick, nor make that play the way he did. Another thing I couldn't help notice was his instincts when playing balls hit to his left. He knows immediately if he has the better play, or Drew has the better shot. (And his best postion is SS?). As Farrel said after the swingng bunt play, "Wow!"

He is an amazing fielder and how about the throw on that play, my son and I were watching and were stunned how easy he made it look. I gotta believe he's here to stay. 

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ampoule. Show ampoule's posts

In response to BurritoT-'s comment:

I am tired of Iggy's meager contributions to the team on offense, and lets face it Drew could make all those same plays in the infield. DFA!

DFA?? Designated for Assignment?

Burrito, what have you been eating and drinking out there?

And, Drew wouldn't have made that transfer from glove to hand and then throw it in a million years.  

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

In response to softlaw2's comment:

Iggy becomes an easier keeper, since he can always replace Ciriaco.

How quickly fools start singing a different tune. The reality is that he needs to replace S. Drew. Ciriaco will likely clear waivers, and it's a great time to run him through waivers. S. Drew is a bench guy who should be the pinch hitter for Iglesias and the backup SS and 2B until they can unload most of his contract. With Brock Holt, the sooner they get S. Drew off this team the better. He's playing for a contract, whily Iglesias is where the time needs to be invested.

JBJ is pretty easy to demote, assuming no injuries. No way he replaces Carp, Nava or Gomes, and Ells and Vic are a given.

Carp's a bum, Bradley is a superior talent. Vic is a part-timer who should be platooned with Nava. Ellsbury 9M contract needs to be on the trade block. Gomes is almost worthless on the trade market, and should remain in a bench role on the team that has serious issues v. LP (he hasn't been the answer but he has to get better).

With Bradley and Shane, Ellsbury is totally expendable. Some team will offer better than the draft compensation.

this is just silly...victorino is a part time player? now we all know you are dumb....

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Agreed - it's Iggy's time. Drew is the odd man out, he should be platooned wherever he is needed.  I don't advocate trading Drew, think he's more useful backing up and we won't get much for him anyhow....

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:

Agreed - it's Iggy's time. Drew is the odd man out, he should be platooned wherever he is needed.  I don't advocate trading Drew, think he's more useful backing up and we won't get much for him anyhow....

i was in the drew corner...but the more i see iglesias...he should be here...

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Iggy has a couple good games and now Drew is a bench guy? Funny. Drew went 2-4 with a BB and a HR last night. Having BOTH of them in the lineup would be the best case scenario right now. I could see batting Iggy against some tough LHP for Drew also. The Sox make out better if they play Drew to A) up his value if they decide to trade him or B) to possibly offer a QO. Cant do that if hes sitting on the bench, not producing.

They need to do whats overall best for the team. Sitting Drew all the time doesnt help. Maybe Middy is the odd man out this year. Have to see how he looks when he returns. If hes still struggling at the end of june, then he might need to be optioned back to Pawtucket.

I would DFA Ciriaco regardless. Holt can always be the UI if need be, plus hes already on the 40-man roster which leaves us an open spot by getting rid of Ciriaco. We could add another bullpen arm or whatever. I wouldnt be trading Drew right now though until we see what Middy looks like. How funny/ironic is it that I am now talking about middy the way I was talking about Iggy. Middy cant bat 200 with a sub 300 obp and remain playing 3b in Boston. Id still like to see more AB's from Iggy before Im 100% sure about him, but I really like what Im seeing. The team cant make any rash, impulse moves just because hes had a couple nice games.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to bosoxmal's comment:

God will accused of not making little green apples before Iglesius sees Pawtucket again. He will stay at third until Middlebrooks returns (that's a given), then play SS against all LH pitchers. If Drew fades a little, gets hurt, or gets traded, then he'll move back to SS full time. Farrell is a very good "day at a time"  manager, and both Iggy and Bradley are "givens" for the rest of the year. He knows he can not (CAN NOT) watch those gloves waste away in the minor leagues.

(whisper) barring injuries!

An INTERESTING THREAD here........   not sure, but a fellow poster named BILL-806  has the same VISION as you !!!!   Very INTERESTING !!!!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

Iggy should stay on the team.

Iggy will also go 0 for 20 soon.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:

Iggy has a couple good games and now Drew is a bench guy? Funny. Drew went 2-4 with a BB and a HR last night. Having BOTH of them in the lineup would be the best case scenario right now. I could see batting Iggy against some tough LHP for Drew also. The Sox make out better if they play Drew to A) up his value if they decide to trade him or B) to possibly offer a QO. Cant do that if hes sitting on the bench, not producing.

They need to do whats overall best for the team. Sitting Drew all the time doesnt help. Maybe Middy is the odd man out this year. Have to see how he looks when he returns. If hes still struggling at the end of june, then he might need to be optioned back to Pawtucket.

I would DFA Ciriaco regardless. Holt can always be the UI if need be, plus hes already on the 40-man roster which leaves us an open spot by getting rid of Ciriaco. We could add another bullpen arm or whatever. I wouldnt be trading Drew right now though until we see what Middy looks like. How funny/ironic is it that I am now talking about middy the way I was talking about Iggy. Middy cant bat 200 with a sub 300 obp and remain playing 3b in Boston. Id still like to see more AB's from Iggy before Im 100% sure about him, but I really like what Im seeing. The team cant make any rash, impulse moves just because hes had a couple nice games.

Pedro C is the odd man out   Drew is overpaid but for only one year and a better backup/utility fit...and you have to believe that no one will trade for him anyways unless we eat his salary

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

In response to raider3524's comment:

THe thing is, you can be pro-Drwe without being anti-Iglesias.

Drew is a stopgap player.  One year max, and he is doing OK.  Iglesias is a potential long term SS. 

The interesting part is what has evolved is Iglesias not replacing Drew, but Middlebrooks, who has turned into an oft-injured offensive sinkhole...

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from boboinfla. Show boboinfla's posts

The play at 3rd hasn't been that easy for any 3rd sacker we have had and that includes Beltre. Mids, we now know, is not the key. It is John Farrell and his ability to make good choices when he is backed up to the wall.No way does that lineup last night score 11runs. Whoa! They did.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

I'm not going to tear down Drew. He is a decent player and has been adequate defensively. The thing is , Iglesias is a special talent on defense. The kind that you don't see too often. And he continues to have good at bats. He has to play. 

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedsoxProspects. Show RedsoxProspects's posts

When Iglesias was coming up one scout said he has the best hands he'd ever seen. I think he might be right. We have seen it so many times now. He makes great plays look easy.

He has shown a propensity for getting hurt though and his MLB BABIP is over .500. He has had a lot of luck as a mlb hitter so far. 

To me, he is a near ideal infield back up guy. A sub who might actually improve the team when he is in there. Let's keep him healthy and get maximum productivity out of the team as a result. Give both Drew, Middlebrooks and Pedroia some rest when needed. At year end slot him at SS for next year.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

In response to notin's comment:

In response to raider3524's comment:

THe thing is, you can be pro-Drwe without being anti-Iglesias.

Drew is a stopgap player.  One year max, and he is doing OK.  Iglesias is a potential long term SS. 

The interesting part is what has evolved is Iglesias not replacing Drew, but Middlebrooks, who has turned into an oft-injured offensive sinkhole...

exactly...i wrote it wrong by saying drew corner..sorry. i still like drew and i think iglesias will be the utility infielder when middlebrooks gets back....he just belongs on this team..ciriaco should be gone.